ADVERTISEMENT

VT Offense

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
Why do we substitute so much ? Put 11 starters on field and run every play with same personnel. It seems that we have a different personnel package for every play. (defensive coordinators probably pick up on this)

As for running back, name a starter and give him ball 20-25 times a game. RBs cannot get into flow of the game, because they never seem to get ball but once a possession.

When needing 7 yards for a first down, throw the ball at least 7 yards. better yet, don't get into a 3rd and 7 situation.

Why do we substitute so much ? Put 11 starters on field and run every play with same personnel. It seems that we have a different personnel package for every play. (defensive coordinators probably pick up on this)

As for running back, name a starter and give him ball 20-25 times a game. RBs cannot get into flow of the game, because they never seem to get ball but once a possession.

When needing 7 yards for a first down, throw the ball at least 7 yards. better yet, don't get into a 3rd and 7 situation.
Dang HR......some of this post makes sense.

Travon should be getting those 20-25 carries. He is the strongest, fastest, and has the best vision.
Our staff. Beamer and little Beamer will not do this. All about 'loyalty' to the tenured players. Have to suffer through this year AND NEXT YEAR before we can start to recover at the earliest. Going to be a long decade in the Hokie Nation.

IMO McMillian is the best, followed by Edmunds, then, who knows. But Coleman is now near and dear to the hearts of our coaches for obvious reasons.

I still say when you're a run-first offense that routinely does so on 1st and 2nd down and throws on 3, then most teams can stop you.

Getting out of that routine on an occasional basis does not keep any team honest.

Reactions: RB4
Yeah everyone love JC rightfully so.. but he is not our best back. I think Shane just wants to look important and sub a lot i guess. This is going to be the honest post.. I hope they cut this out and post it in the locker room. 1. Motley is a baller!! Would much rather see him than brewer, but that's not going to happen. 2. HYPE has killed this team. OUR lottery pick TE has dropped everything in the only 2 somewhat big games we have had this year. 3. Our best RB rotation is Trayvon and Edmonds Ray Charles can see that. and 4. Our D is soft as tissue paper... honestly we use to have the meanest D that teams HATED to play us. Now they have no respect and do not fear us at all.. Our players sometimes run into a QB and expect them to fall.. We have one DE that can get to the QB as fast as anyone I have ever seen and completely miss the tackle, and has done this a lot in his career. Even the better of the tacklers on our D got abused Saturday. The good thing is we can work on it.. IMO winning the Coastal should be target and anything less is failure. Every team we play is beatable, and if VT is again no better than 3rd or 4th in our division its time for changes...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT