ADVERTISEMENT

VT versus OSU this past season

klemman

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jan 31, 2002
OSU was young and/or inexperienced at QB, offensive line, linebacker, and defesnsive backfield for the VT game this season. Also was missing the starting tightend due to injury. VT's coaches took advantage of it. I think that the loss however, helped the coaches in developing the players. I don't think the Buckeyes win the conference, which means no Sugar Bowl or National Championship, without the loss.

Obviously the Buckeye team that lost to the Hokies isn't the same one that ran the Big 10 including beating Michigan State, destroyed Wisconsin, then beat Alabama and Oregon. I thank the Hokies for being a major part of that improvement.

While you are handing out thanks, thank Wisconsin for taking a dive to help Big 10 get a team in playoffs. Also thank the crooked selection committee for dropping TCU out of top 4.

Let me repeat this for you OSU fan...Defense and Offense of VT

The win by Tech over OSU is no shock. I know it was to OSU fans who are not as familiar with ACC or SEC football or Virginia Tech, but......Virginia Tech has been doing this for YEARS. Meaning.....Virginia Tech ALWAYS has a top defense. Next years D will be better than the one you faced this year and may compete for the nations number one defense statistically yet again. Foster has done this before. My point is....when you have a great Defense, you are often or almost always "in the game" and have a chance to win it at the end. This is the great thing about Virginia Techs program. The problem is.....when you have no offense and literally, one of the nations worst offensive systems for over a decade, you are also almost always or often "in the game" and have a chance to lose at the end. This explains the loss to Wake Forest for VT and the win against OSU. No question, OSU improved, but keep this in mind about VT.....Virginia Tech DID NOT improve. We normally REGRESS offensively as the year goes on and our D gets even better and it becomes a wash.

Next year, do not be surprised if Ohio State is in a mess in Blacksburg late in the 3rd quarter. Remember what I told you. At the same time, you could see Virginia Tech the following weekend leading by 3 or 6 points against Furman at home in the late 3rd quarter and in a mess. This is classic Beamer and until VT gets modern day offensive coaches and Beamer allows this, VT will continue to do things like OSU and Wake Forest last season. The solution of course is to remove Frank Beamer. Force his retirement because he is not going to change. He has made that clear and as long as he is the Head Coach, no matter HOW MANY OFFENSIVE STARTERS, no matter HOW MANY NEW OC'S, no matter how many 4 or 5 star QB's will make a difference offensively at VT.

Congrats on the title for OSU. OSU improved greatly and played solid. Let me say this though, you would have still won the title without the loss to VT and VT is still loaded with athletes all over the field and plays defense. The loss as discussed by David Pollack on ESPN was not quite as bad as ESPN made it out to be. Most of our losses were very close with us having a chance to win every game we lost except for Miami he got us. We literally had a legit chance to be an 11-1 team with many close-close losses, but again at the same time....we had a chance to have 8 or 9 losses as many of our wins were also very close and that's the story of VT football. All Defense (gives you a chance to win all or most games) and No Offense (gives you a chance to lose many games).

I really like our chances next year with OSU!

Obviously, good quarterback play is a must and OSU may find themselves facing a weapon in Lawson who may be better than their own quarterback before all is said and done. If all our backs come back healthy, we will move the ball on OSU. Our receivers and tight-ends are capable of making plays on the buckeyes. We will score points on them with our offense.

Our defense will definitely keep this game closer than OSU supporters think.

Finally, playing at home will be an advantage again for once!

Oh yeah the young inexperienced Buckeyes faced a veteran VT team at all positions and VT had such an advantage over the kids Myer threw out on the field.

Give me a break and save the excuses.

VT was young too and we had a new QB and many new players, probably more than OSU. And your team is packed with elite athletes and has depth at every position.

Your team was out-played and out-coached that day so just admit it. We came ready to play at your house and kicked your butts that day.

After that game we saw what potential our team had for the season. Unfortunately our O did not improve and was inconsistent the rest of the season and we laid an egg this year.

The only thing worthy of your post is your thanks for beating you so your team would turn around.

Next season we need a kick butt attitude on offense. try to score 35-55 points a game instead of 17-20. Run up the score and do not allow inferior teams to hang around. that's when you lose. I like for games to be over at halftime. play back-ups in 2nd half. Don't let game come down to final possession. we have lost many games by doing that.

That was thinking that the buckeyes had against the ducks. Run the score and don't give them a chance to come back

Originally posted by klemman:
OSU was young and/or inexperienced at QB, offensive line, linebacker, and defesnsive backfield for the VT game this season. Also was missing the starting tightend due to injury. VT's coaches took advantage of it. I think that the loss however, helped the coaches in developing the players. I don't think the Buckeyes win the conference, which means no Sugar Bowl or National Championship, without the loss.

Obviously the Buckeye team that lost to the Hokies isn't the same one that ran the Big 10 including beating Michigan State, destroyed Wisconsin, then beat Alabama and Oregon. I thank the Hokies for being a major part of that improvement.
You cannot simply admit that you played a HEALTHY Virginia Tech team (not completely healthy, mind you) that easily beat you in their own house.

The Hokie team that battled 2-8 Wake Forest wasn't the same Hokie team that played at The Shoe, either. You had a great year this year, so congrats to you, but your loss wasn't because you were weak, green and vulnerable.

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

While you are handing out thanks, thank Wisconsin for taking a dive to help Big 10 get a team in playoffs. Also thank the crooked selection committee for dropping TCU out of top 4.
Yep, and while you are crying like a little girl just know that if tOSU played VagTech Saturday the score would be something like 55-13 Bucks...sound like a good score prediction for next season.

Originally posted by Robosu:

Yep, and while you are crying like a little girl just know that if tOSU played VagTech Saturday the score would be something like 55-13 Bucks...sound like a good score prediction for next season.
I bet you did not attend the ohiah st u.

Originally posted by Robosu:

Awww, poor wittle Wobbie. Are you mad your boys curled up fetal for an embarrassing curb stomp in your house?

Honestly, the OSU game seemed to be an easier win than any ACC game we had all year.

VT did have a fairly easy time with OSU, as compared to some other games on schedule.

The thing that amazes me is back in September all the anti VT folks, mainly UVA fans, told me that OSU would beat VT.

Well now it's January and the same naysayers are telling me VT will get beat when Ohio comes to Blacksburg.

Oh and this is same bunch that said UVA would beat VT in 2013 in Charlottesville, when they had the countdown clock installed.

And you HR told me VT wouldn't lose anymore than one game last year if any......you no Jimmy the Greek either.

Ohio State could not score 55 points on VT even if we spotted them 21 points!

The buckeyes will be lucky to come out of Lane with a win this year. As a matter of fact, I predict that they will score less points against us than last year!

Hokies will roll them by 21 points this year!

Final score: Hokies 38 - Buckeyes 17

VaTec was inexperienced atQB,WR,TE,RB,LB, andDE. Almost all of our points were scored by freshmen or RS freshmen. A lot of our ST's were freshmen. Your D line was supposed to be one of, if not the best in the land.
I have a great deal of dificulty buying into an explanation that is so flawed.
You were beaten fair and square. You are trying to justify a whipping and it just wont fly.

This post was edited on 1/18 9:36 AM by leeanderthal

Yeah OSU come on down to our house thinking you're gonna teach us a lesson for last year. Let that be your game-plan.

Originally posted by leeanderthal:

VaTec was inexperienced atQB,WR,TE,RB,LB, andDE. Almost all of our points were scored by freshmen or RS freshmen. A lot of our ST's were freshmen. Your D line was supposed to be one of, if not the best in the land.
I have a great deal of dificulty buying into an explanation that is so flawed.
You were beaten fair and square. You are trying to justify a whipping and it just wont fly.

This post was edited on 1/18 9:36 AM by leeanderthal
Great points. Tosu is deeper but if we can keep from losing any of our skill players or oline in that game, I think it will be pretty tight.

Obviously the Buckeye team that lost to the Hokies isn't the same one that ran the Big 10 including beating Michigan State, destroyed Wisconsin, then beat Alabama and Oregon.
I respectfully disagree. That Buckeye team that beat Michigan State, destroyed Wisconsin, then beat Alabama and Oregon, lost to the Hokies. 35-21.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Better luck next time.

I agree, I watched the VT - OSU game, and parts of Oregon game. It was the sane Ohio State team. If it wasn't, then the NCAA needs to do an investigation into as to why Ohio State was fielding different teams ? and make sure all players were eligible, in good standing and going to class, and not trading equipment for tattoos.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT