ADVERTISEMENT

VT vs Miami

Mar 4, 2006
So far, inserting Hooker in the line-up as the starting quarterback was just what the Hokies needed. Miami turning the ball over 4 times in the first quarter has helped as well.

Last edited:
Alot of football still to be played. Near perfect first half. If I had to critique it would be the last possession before half and the conservative play calling.

That was a much needed win by the Hokies. It was certainly a game of ebbs and flows. I was very impressed with the game winning drive by Hooker. I do believe VT has found themselves a QB!

Other than Notre Dame, Tech can hang with all the others..I hope you guys do something my Gamecocks could not do...BEAT UNC!!!!

I'm thinking for us, the Wake coach "Dave Clawson". My goodness, look at what he has accomplished at these private schools, Richmond & Wake. He's beaten big state schools.

I keep hearing Beamer's son being mentioned as a head coach...hum...

If Tech only loses to Notre Dame and wins the rest, you guys will have done much better than predicted. I think with Hooker, Hokie fans have a lot to look forward to. I still don't get why he was not the starter at the season's start?

I hope he has a great game against Notre Dame. He may be the difference maker. who knows....

If Tech only loses to Notre Dame and wins the rest, you guys will have done much better than predicted. I think with Hooker, Hokie fans have a lot to look forward to. I still don't get why he was not the starter at the season's start?

I hope he has a great game against Notre Dame. He may be the difference maker. who knows....
He is not as good yet as you are thinking he is. His passing skills are still work in progress and might not get there this year, but he is still way better than Patterson is who I think should be moved to TE. Willis is a much better passer than Hooker is at this time but his decision making is why he was pushed out at KU. I think that is why the coaches initially went with Willis although they should have seen that Hooker has a much higher sealing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT