ADVERTISEMENT

Wasssuppp Comrades

lucustookis

All-American
Jul 7, 2007
I am loving the new Hokie regime and watching nearly all games. Is it not incredible what an above average offense can do with Foster?Our defense is the least talented on paper and by recruiting standards since 1997. They look good because of what the offense does to our opponents.

Additionally, our offense is the 2nd least talented offense (on paper-by recruiting standards) since 1997. Coaching matters.

A couple more thoughts (opinions only). Our recruiting on offense in the next few years will skyrocket. You don't have to worry about your 4 star QB or WR or OL player in the Tidewater, Richmond, or NOVA/DC area anymore, if you are a High School coach. These coaches know their kids are going to a modern day-solid offensive system.

My worries are......Fuente staying. If he wins to soon, look out. Hope we can get into the college playoff this year or next. This will solidify any underlying doubts in JuFu's mind that he can possibly win a national title in Blacksburg. My other worries are the NFL trying to pick him out of BBurg.

Final thought.....or fact....Louisville is 34th on average in recruiting the past 4 seasons. Again, it's incredible what coaching can do. Petrino, I hope can iron out his personal issues, but no question about it, he can flat out coach. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a 2016 version of Michael Vick at QB either.

lucus! Long time no see, dude.

Success ALWAYS recruits on its own merits, and it doesn't take long to reach that point if you really know what you're doing. If we stay on our current trajectory (no reason to believe we won't), Hokie faithful will be stunned at the kind of offensive talent that makes its way into this program in the next 5 years.

I think our AD is shrewd enough to keep Justin for awhile. I think the kitty is big enough to retain. Besides, I doubt Alabama or LSU would think Fuentes is seasoned enough for them. Now if he wins us a NC then all bets are off.

I think our AD is shrewd enough to keep Justin for awhile. I think the kitty is big enough to retain. Besides, I doubt Alabama or LSU would think Fuentes is seasoned enough for them. Now if he wins us a NC then all bets are off.

Not to split hairs because I was guilty of this when he was first hired, but no S with Fuente. Only Fuente, not Fuentes, but to be simple, "Coach Fu" or "JuFu" is my choice. I think it sounds pretty cool.

Go Hokies

Yeah Lucas its good to hear from you.

It is great to see a great O with our traditional strong D and see how good the D is with less snaps on the field.

You are right and Fuentes will be hard to hang on to. I hope he takes the same philosophy as his predecessor Frank Beamer and makes a career of it in our beautiful burg.

I think he will be at VT for a long time. He's not as money hungry as some coaches. or power hungry. VT is a good coaching gig.

I think he will be at VT for a long time. He's not as money hungry as some coaches. or power hungry. VT is a good coaching gig.
Did you guys have dinner to discuss......interesting that you know he's not money hungry and will be at VT a long time.

Quit your petty jealousy Hoos . . lol. Just cause you guys change coaches as often as underwear does not mean we have to. But seriously, I think that if Justin feels like he can get this team to win a NC then he would stay for that. That is not an impossibility to imagine with the support of the AD. Just imagine how much equity Justin could build with a NC under his belt. He could be one of the highest paid coaches after that. I would imagine he would leave after that though.

Beamer was at VT for 29 years. The Boo Hoos had Welsh, Groh, and London during that time. Welsh was best one, and they ran him off.

Beamer was at VT for 29 years. The Boo Hoos had Welsh, Groh, and London during that time. Welsh was best one, and they ran him off.
You are right HR, but coaches don't stay at schools like they use too. Money and the chance to coach "big time schools" just seem to pull them away. I can't imagine JF leaves within the first few years but you never know what his aspirations are...

I think JF is a little different than most coaches. Often times coaches leave a good school for a more glamour job and when they don't win big in a couple years they are gone. Then some take another job that is a demotion. See Bronco Mendenhall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT