ADVERTISEMENT

Well OSU is a heavy favorite

VT was the better team at that point in the season last year. OSU obviously was better better at the end of the season than they were at the beginning.

Both teams should be better this season. The question is whether VT has surpassed OSU? Or if they can at least for one night.

tOSU just lost WR Noah Brown to a pretty major leg fracture. What a bummer for that kid, from what I've read he was expected to have a big year for the Buckeyes.

Well I just hope that we give Ohio State a fair game and walk away with our dignity intact. My father-in-law went to Ohio State so I had fun with that last year. Would be nice for a repeat but I have a feeling that karma is a real b***ch.

Well I just hope that we give Ohio State a fair game and walk away with our dignity intact. My father-in-law went to Ohio State so I had fun with that last year. Would be nice for a repeat but I have a feeling that karma is a real b***ch.

How does karma factor into it? Plus, tOSU will be without their best defensive player and 4 of their top 5 WR's. Is that karma? I don't get where you're going with this?

Simple. tOSU was not prepared for us last year and was starting a very green inexperienced QB. Kind of like what happened to us a few years back against LSU. I think that some of this works against us. Not having the top WR's may work against us as tOSU may run straight at us. We are vulnerable against the run when an opposing team runs straight up the gut as opposed to running for the sidelines. Foster is pretty good with discipline in keeping the lanes covered but a power rush straight up the gut - we are vulnerable. As to losing their best defensive player - does that really matter against our offense?

To define this a bit better - classical definition of karma should have had Ohio State winning last year - all other events being equal. (We will use classic definition of good deeds and thoughts leads to positive outcomes. Since both teams presumably had good practices/thoughts/intents for the game then karma would favor the team with best athletes overall - Ohio State) I am looking for karma to even the score this year. IE I think Ohio State takes us behind the woodshed. Hope I am wrong. And maybe just maybe the matchups will be such that we win the game again. Stranger things have happened. I will tell you this - if our O-line plays well then we definitely have a chance.

If we do win then tOSU can't come back and say - "Well our receivers were out and our best defensive player was out so the game doesn't count" No sir - if we win this year then we will have earned the right to say we own tOSU - at least for two games.

tOSU just lost WR Noah Brown to a pretty major leg fracture. What a bummer for that kid, from what I've read he was expected to have a big year for the Buckeyes.

Brown was supposed to be an impact player this year as he looked really good (reportedly) in camp. Minimal impact last season but he lost 20 lbs to increase his speed and explosiveness. Even with the weight loss is a naturally big guy.

There are players who can step in and make up for his potential catches, but what will really hurt is that the coaches were looking for him to be a force as a blocking wide receiver in the run game the way Evan Spencer was last season. That won't easily be replaced.

Hey h
I wish VT would play a SEC team or a Baylor/TCU rather than any Big 10 team. Big 10 sucks, always has, always will.

Ohio plays a weak schedule, any way one looks at it. Very weak OOC schedule other than VT.
hey homer u do realize a big ten team won the national championship game last year.....
Don't let facts get in the way of your claim

Ohio State remembers last year's screw up. lololololololoolol They will pound you and pound you like sand! lolololololololololoololololloololool They may hit 70 points. lololololololoolol Purdue is a win for you, those misfits only look good in a uniform. lololololololool They can't play nor are coached to play. lolololololololololololololo

Ohio State remembers last year's screw up. lololololololoolol They will pound you and pound you like sand! lolololololololololoololololloololool They may hit 70 points. lololololololoolol Purdue is a win for you, those misfits only look good in a uniform. lololololololool They can't play nor are coached to play. lolololololololololololololo
Somebody take this ass clown to the dump.....

If they get past VT (which they most likely will) their schedule is very favorable. I have little doubt they will be playing for the NT.

Not as confident as you about OSU skating through their schedule. Tough games against Michigan State, Michigan (at Michigan and a rivalry game) and possibly PSU and Minnesota. And if we make it that far, the BIG 10 Championship game. On paper it looks favorable but there's parity in today's CF and I take nothing for granted. Very, very hard to go undefeated anymore
Penny

Braxton Miller is the X-factor tonight. The suspensions have eliminated the Bucks' top two H-backs and Mike Thomas is really the only WR with any experience. If Miller plays H-back like he played QB for two years, WR will not be a problem tonight. But, it's a big "if."

As for West Virginia, the Ears don't play Ohio State very often. Really, I don't think either school wants any part of the other on a regular basis. There really is NO rivalry there and neither school is a sure win for the other. Neither school is looking for another annual dogfight.

I'm interested to see the atmosphere tonight. Should be an excellent test for both. Anyone who says V-Tech can't win, is drinking scarlet & gray Kool-Aid. That said, if Ohio comes out and plays like they did the last three games of last season, well, good luck with that Hokies.

Geez, HR6...now look at all of the trash you drug in now. You're going to need to go get a broom and clean this mess up.

In short,we are playing the OSU Buckeyes.
They have more depth than the Mariana Trench.
They are the reigning national champs.
They are ranked preseason as no.1 in the US of A.
Their coach has won three FBNC's
We are unranked.

HR is on another hate the big 10 roll. Worse than this is that Ala beat Wiskies Saturday.

Gonna be a helluva game. We will show up.

Reactions: 1bburgfan
Leeanderthal, I agree with all of your "In Short..." statements, but I have this lingering memory of last year's game that I can't get out of my head.

Nice. Dumbass ESPN has an article on their front page where coaches from all over the country (and several in the Big 10) are offering advice to Virginia Tech on how to slow down Ezekiel Elliot.

Um...what in the heck would any of these lame, wannabe defenses know about slowing him down? They should instead all be visiting Blacksburg to see how Virginia Tech totally and completely shut Elliot down last season to the tune of 8 carries for 32 yards.

I don't mind being dissed and disrespected by the national media for the stupid stuff we do (which is long list, granted), but geez...don't disrespect one of the few things that we have consistently done better than anyone else in the country has over the last 25 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
I'm guessing that Foster sells out to stop Elliott and the OSU run game so the Hokies should be able to keep him contained if not stuffed early. The question thus becomes can OSU take advantage of it or are the VT corners going to keep the OSU receivers in check?

Given the success last year and the quality of your DBs matched up with the inexperienced Buckeye receivers there's no real reason for Foster to do anything differently. At least to start the game.

If Barrett or Jones can take advantage of the one on one matchups, that will give Elliott opportunities to make plays as the game wears on into the 2nd half. If not, then there's no reason to expect any different result from last year.

This alignment was specifically designed to eliminate the inside dive and funnel everything outside to the linebackers. If Meyer figures out a good way to attack it (such as throwing deep on every other play...that certainly works if there are some completions), then Bud will just go back into our regular defense, which is top 10 quality most years in its own right. It has a lot of quirkiness to it as well, and this will be the first time that OSU has really seen it if it shows up tonight. In fact, don't be too surprised if we come out in our regular stuff and save the GT defense for special occasions (like 3rd and shorts), since Meyer probably spent a lot of time in the off-season prepping for it. Bud doesn't like to be too predictable.

We don't run the GT defense very often, so it won't hurt our feelings too much if we have to ditch it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT