ADVERTISEMENT

We're not dead yet...

hokiemtc

Hokie Hall of Fame
Mar 29, 2002
After a really slow start to this game, Motley opened up downfield and hit some huge throws. Kid has a big arm, and when he's settled in the pocket, seems to have really good accuracy. He was even scanning the field looking for receivers in the 3rd qtr, so I think he got most of his butterflies out.

Lawson had one series where he was overpowering his throws into the dirt, but then even he settled down and showed some nice throws downfield.

And both kids can definitely run it.

Durden didn't get any pass plays called for him, but he ran like fullback, making it three huge QBs that can run the ball.

I don't know what Loeffler will end up doing with all this, but we do have several replacement pieces available that we can definitely work with.

We will be fine at QB with Motley or Lawson but the upside to Lawson is out of this world. He throws hard and accurately and is big and fast.

Do
After a really slow start to this game, Motley opened up downfield and hit some huge throws. Kid has a big arm, and when he's settled in the pocket, seems to have really good accuracy. He was even scanning the field looking for receivers in the 3rd qtr, so I think he got most of his butterflies out.

Lawson had one series where he was overpowering his throws into the dirt, but then even he settled down and showed some nice throws downfield.

And both kids can definitely run it.

Durden didn't get any pass plays called for him, but he ran like fullback, making it three huge QBs that can run the ball.

I don't know what Loeffler will end up doing with all this, but we do have several replacement pieces available that we can definitely work with.

Don't think I could say Motley has a big/strong arm. He looked much better in 2nd half, but in 1st half, he girly-armed a couple passes to previously open receivers that had they been crisp, would've been big gains & was very fortunate they weren't picked off.

Motley played better than I expected, Lawson has a Big arm and can juke or run over/drag tacklers. Durkin is a big strong guy, was disappointed VT did not let him pass in the few plays he was in.

Hope the Hokie injuries today weren't serious, Travon looked good running and Ford was impressive.

Motley was very hesitant in the beginning. He has a very good arm and can make throws MB could not make. He has a long long ways to go.
Lawson is green and it showed in his throws. He does suffer from inaccuracy from time to time. He needs to keep getting more and more work as he has a huge upside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT