ADVERTISEMENT

What great potential we are seeing in VT

I'm past optimistic. I like the coaching. Time to up the talent.

We've got talent, we just need it in depth as well. Keep in mind we're missing three of our best players and (arguably) our best, most talented player in Clarke. The loss of Hill sucks too as he contributed a lot last year and from what I've heard Outlaw was a big loss too. Just gotta stay healthy and get one more solid class in, and I think we'll see a seriously competitive and winning team on the floor.

We've got talent, we just need it in depth as well. Keep in mind we're missing three of our best players and (arguably) our best, most talented player in Clarke. The loss of Hill sucks too as he contributed a lot last year and from what I've heard Outlaw was a big loss too. Just gotta stay healthy and get one more solid class in, and I think we'll see a seriously competitive and winning team on the floor.
I agree. I think we've got a nice core of talent, particularly Buzz's kind of talent, needed to play his game. The one area we could still use recruiting help in is rebounding, particularly the offensive boards. If Buzz could bring in a dominant rebounder or two that's what we need now. We'll also be a better rebounding team with Clarke and Hill back. We lost our best natural rebounder when Clarke was injured. But if we could get one or two really good rebounders this team could be extra dangerous.

You guys will need to find a player that can bank in a 3 with no time on the clock......comes in handy!!!!!

You guys will need to find a player that can bank in a 3 with no time on the clock......comes in handy!!!!!
I think I'll keep the rebounder on my wish list. We never seem to play a team that misses that many free throws to help us set up for our game winning banked 3. Or an opposing coach who plays matador defense with 4 seconds left to help us get the ball up the court for the miraculous toss. The stars don't ever seem to quite align for us that way.

That was classic though, lol. Congrats on pulling it off.

I think I'll keep the rebounder on my wish list. We never seem to play a team that misses that many free throws to help us set up for our game winning banked 3. Or an opposing coach who plays matador defense with 4 seconds left to help us get the ball up the court for the miraculous toss. The stars don't ever seem to quite align for us that way.

That was classic though, lol. Congrats on pulling it off.
Listen to you....and all night I was saying how we finally had a VT moment and won something we shouldn't have. ;)

I keep forgetting how good the injured guys are. You could argue that the two best players on the team are out. I was specifically talking about some high ranked bigguns though. 7 footers. top 100s. If we didn't have those guys out, I bet we'd be a top 20 team.

One player could have meant wins over Notre Dame, North Carolina and Louisville.

Disclaimer: Notre Dame and Louisville should not be in ACC.

One player could have meant wins over Notre Dame, North Carolina and Louisville.

Disclaimer: Notre Dame and Louisville should not be in ACC.
I don't know if any player would have helped us win against Louisville unless its someone who could match all their 3's. Steph Curry, maybe. We played well enough to win, but its hard to beat a team that hits 12-18 on 3's. Most nights if we play like that its going to be a win, but their 3 point shooting was simply unconscious.

Last edited:
I'm thinking with no injuries, we're one Okafor/Wiggins/Simmons type player from being a big dog. Maybe I'm over hyping the potential. But man it's fun even thinking about it.

Its coming. The media loves Buzz and Im seeing more National exposure of VT this year than ever before. When I wear my VT gear here in KY I have total strangers coming up and saying "Buzz has the Hokies playing some real ball dont he" and UK fans generally dont have anything nice to say about ACC teams.
You take a true blue chipper that can take over a game, create his own shot, demand a double team etc...and surround him with a roster of experienced role players and youve got the makings of what could be a championship team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT