ADVERTISEMENT

Where the.......is everybody????

Hoos19NC

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 28, 2012
It seems like everytime I come over here all I hear is crickets......y'all going to make me start throwing insults at the cHokies just to get this board going again. Ok I'll start......Fuentes is overrated.....Buzz should be staring in a 3 Stooges movie instead of leading VT to bottom half of conference again.....The Wrestling team is having a great year, but it doesn't count since it's an Olympic sport. I know this because for 30 years VT fans have told me Olympic sports don't count, sorry....I guess some of you are only man enough to post when VT wins 11 games in football, bunch of fair weather fans.....chirp....chirp....chirp

I almost have to agree with you. This board is dead, and has been for some time. I have no idea what it will take to get it going again. Too many fair weather fans I guess. With spring football practice just around the corner, baseball season starts this week, softball started last week, board should be filled with activity.

Nothing substantive to talk about right now. Even other boards are spending more time talking about forum redesigns or SI's swimsuit edition or other non-football stuff.

Once spring practice gets here, we'll wake up from the doldrums.

Now, if we want to talk about baseball, I'm all for it.

Our basketball program still has a LONG ways to go, so wake me up when spring practice gets here.

1. I think we should have a ripping good discussion on what the new VT FB uniforms are going to be. Always a hot topic.

2. How about a good ole UNC trashing. Those seem to go over well.

3. We could guess how late in the FB season we become
bowl eligible.

Your're right Hoos. The problem is that we don't have anything to bitch about. Our FB coaching staff is new and we have no idea whether we will be good next year or suck. We have high hopes but no actual data that points to us being any better other than our coaches last stop .
We got a new coach coming very soon. that's always exciting.

There's not much right now to talk about, but If more posts are what's wanted, maybe consider giving all our regular posters "stars", like TSL did last week. All of a sudden that site is exploding with posts from people trolling for "up votes" to get their star ratings higher. Just get a "nice" post out there and wait for the star bumps to come, LOL.

Happens every year at this time between signing day and Spring practice. When we get a verbal or something happens to talk about things will pick up.

Here's a prediction. UVA has a good BB season and tournament, then lays an egg in March madness.

There's not much right now to talk about, but If more posts are what's wanted, maybe consider giving all our regular posters "stars", like TSL did last week. All of a sudden that site is exploding with posts from people trolling for "up votes" to get their star ratings higher. Just get a "nice" post out there and wait for the star bumps to come, LOL.
Posting some nudie pics would work, too. And no, I'm not talking about of jolly. Or me, either, for that matter, LOL.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
What's TKP? I'm to old to know all these short text phrases......could it be "that kat purrs"....."talk klear please"...."Tom killed Pete"....."Turkiye Komunist Partisi"....."Trans Korean Pipeline"....."Tjungunka Kuranyu-Kuta Palyantjaku"......I give up.

Happens every year at this time between signing day and Spring practice. When we get a verbal or something happens to talk about things will pick up.

Here's a prediction. UVA has a good BB season and tournament, then lays an egg in March madness.

I swear to God ... If Michigan State is in Virginia's region AGAIN this year I'm gonna flip out.

If UVa meets a team that can get the tempo up and make different ways to score, and guard them as well, they're done (the Hokies guarded them back at Cassell, and found a way to score). They've got a great D, but that grind it out style just never seems to win, when it counts ... at least 6 games in a row against progressively tougher opponents.

^^^^ Wouldn't shock me at all to see Michigan State in their bracket .... the stupid selection committee loves doing that crap.

Oh, and BASEBALL TODAY ... 5pm

Nothing to talk about. VT is mediocre in all major sports. Men's basketball is definitely trending upwards though. VT football has been average since 2012. VT basketball has been bad since 2011. VT women's basketball has been awful since Bonnie left (I know they beat Tennessee this year but they still aren't that good). VT baseball is up and down. VT softball is above average - but were only elite when Tincher was here.

If UVa meets a team that can get the tempo up and make different ways to score, and guard them as well, they're done (the Hokies guarded them back at Cassell, and found a way to score). They've got a great D, but that grind it out style just never seems to win, when it counts ... at least 6 games in a row against progressively tougher opponents.

^^^^ Wouldn't shock me at all to see Michigan State in their bracket .... the stupid selection committee loves doing that crap.

Oh, and BASEBALL TODAY ... 5pm
The real key for UVA to win is not only great defense but they have to score consistently. That stretch where they lost to VT, GT and FSU in a 4 game span the offense was the let down. Once they got back in a rhythm they started winning consistently again. And I do believe the defense is better today than it was early on as well. Up tempo teams we frustrate them in a big way. Oakland, Louisville, Miami are good examples of teams that got really frustrated and played right into our hands. I think a team that can play a similar style has a better chance at beating them than an up tempo team. Teams like MSU, Wisconsin have proven to be a nightmare for them.

TKP= The Key Play another Hokie message board . Has some good articles, but threads often get off topic and into a GIF showcase.

Reactions: Irishfafnir
I hope UVA BB is one and done come tournament time, both in ACC and NCAA.
Good job HR....we need some good old fashion barbs going Around here. Which region and seed do you think Curly will have VT playing in? Do they still have the CBI tournament? I predict VT will host games if they are in the CBI.....NIT has gotten tougher to get in since they automatically take all conference champions that don't get into NCAA tournament.

lets see, we split mens bball, we swept your baseball team , beat your wrestling team , cross country, track and field, wmans ball, oh yeah whens the last time your fball team was relevant. But the highlight will be when Bennett leaves for Wisc.

lets see, we split mens bball, we swept your baseball team , beat your wrestling team , cross country, track and field, wmans ball, oh yeah whens the last time your fball team was relevant. But the highlight will be when Bennett leaves for Wisc.

A Hokie arguing about "Olympic" sports is so adorable.

Olympic sports only "drive the train" in Charlottesville.

I am reminded of my trip 2 years ago to Tuscaloosa, AL. Only after I was walking around campus did I realize Alabama had a basketball team.

Beat us in baseball while we were on the way to wining the National championship, you should be so proud LMAO. UVA won the Capital One Cup last year as the best overall sports program in D1.....maybe you should use google before making yourself look foolish.

Olympic sports only "drive the train" in Charlottesville.

I am reminded of my trip 2 years ago to Tuscaloosa, AL. Only after I was walking around campus did I realize Alabama had a basketball team.
Baseball and Basketball say hello....Football has been ranked #1, Basketball has been ranked #1, Baseball has been ranked #1......something VT has never achieved in any of the major sports.....choo choo....the question is what drives the train at VT? A .500 football team? Slow train.....

In Tuscaloosa they practice BB outside. Team not allowed inside of any buildings except for games.
Whenever an old coot says somthing about anything that happened in the dark ages everyone goes what the hell do we care . That happened before history was even being recorded. Well here goes.
I remember when UNC FB had a guy from Ashville , NC named Charlie Justice. He and the UNC team traveled to Hooville to play FB. All my visiting NC relatives were hanging on th e radio and bragging like hell about their team. I was (gasp) pulling for the underdog UVA team and they kicked UNC's ass. Made my day.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Beat us in baseball while we were on the way to wining the National championship, you should be so proud LMAO. UVA won the Capital One Cup last year as the best overall sports program in D1.....maybe you should use google before making yourself look foolish.
Honest to goodness, the capital One Cup? haha! That's rich. You know you'd trade it all to beat us just once more before you die. No need to name the sport; we both know. Maybe while we are down...

Reactions: B1dee and cmmcclu
I think this site is waiting to see what the new coach does. Not really much to comment on at this time.

At least the Capital One Cup recognizes that all sports are not to be graded equally, which is a huge improvement over some rankings from the past. Unfortunately, they still award the same number of points for lacrosse as they do for football (which is pretty damn funny), but at least water polo, fencing, tennis, golf and underwater basket weaving are correctly considered to be much lesser sports.

Wow.....you guys are really stressing over the fact UVA has a better overall sports program. If it will make you feel better I will say you are ahead in football but it's closer than it use to be. You should be pleased with your improvement in basketball, be real interesting to see where you finish next season. Sure hope you guys can take care of Miami and help your neighbors....

close, only in the eyes of the loser. That's like kissing you aunt.
I was just going by the fact if we had any coach but London we probably win the last 2 years......and it was not about UVA getting better but VT's fall.

I was just going by the fact if we had any coach but London we probably win the last 2 years......and it was not about UVA getting better but VT's fall.
If my aunt had nuts she would been my uncle.(IF) we had been in the ACC all along as we should have been our non revenue sports would be much more competive than they have. Since joining the ACC the growth of those sports have grown.

If my aunt had nuts she would been my uncle.(IF) we had been in the ACC all along as we should have been our non revenue sports would be much more competive than they have. Since joining the ACC the growth of those sports have grown.
They had no where to go but up....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT