ADVERTISEMENT

Whew, a close one at the end, won by D

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
How fitting.

But look what happens when a team gets gets a long time to prepare ways to confuse Bud Foster's D.

Fuentes should fire Bud for that performance......52 to Tulsa, embarrassing. I never dreamed VT would score 55 and win by 3. Time for Bud to get out and recruit some talent.

I think the defense gave too much cushion. Could have done a better job on #1 of Tulsa. Allowed him to be open too much.

But a win is a win.

Fuentes should fire Bud for that performance......52 to Tulsa, embarrassing. I never dreamed VT would score 55 and win by 3. Time for Bud to get out and recruit some talent.

Tulsa put 38 on Oklahoma with a week to prepare. This hasn't been a good VT team at any time this year....I'm just glad Beamer can leave on a bowl win and a winning season.

Sad after getting a W, but after watching the 2nd half meltdown, I was mad at the end of the game. Against the 119th ranked D in the country, only score 10 2nd half points, pretty disgusting!

How fitting.

But look what happens when a team gets gets a long time to prepare ways to confuse Bud Foster's D.
We lack D1 players (or at least D1-ready players) at too many positions on D.
Not even Bud can make some of those guys into good football players.

But we had a lot of true freshmen playing in that game because Clark was sent home and Riley hurt his shoulder.

With what we have coming back and what we have red-shirting and coming in we'll be fine on D next year.

Take away the fumble and INT and we blow Tulsa out of Shreveport . Those 2 plays resulted in a 28 point swing.

Fitting end to the Beamer era. You have 2 choices as how game ends. Offense can make 2 first downs and proceed to go to victory formation after scoring 55 points. Or the defense can make a stop after yielding 52 points. Most rational people would pick option 1 above, but if you have watched the last ten years of Tech football we knew the defense would prevail. Maybe we can get used to this if fuente's offense is good as advertised.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
Fitting end to the Beamer era. You have 2 choices as how game ends. Offense can make 2 first downs and proceed to go to victory formation after scoring 55 points. Or the defense can make a stop after yielding 52 points. Most rational people would pick option 1 above, but if you have watched the last ten years of Tech football we knew the defense would prevail. Maybe we can get used to this if fuente's offense is good as advertised.

My feelings exactly. Of course there were also those games in which the offense failed to execute (sometimes players, sometimes coaching, sometimes refs), the game was left in the defenses hands and the opponents marched right down the field and scored. This has happened too many times against quality opponents in the past and opponents with fluent offenses. Had it not been for Daddis sack it could have happened against Tulsa.

I knew Tulsa would gain some yards passing, but their running surprised me. They gained more yards on first possession than I thought they gain entire game running ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT