ADVERTISEMENT

"Who dun did it"? Who da man that received the Wake Forest tip? LOL

I agree it will not hurt VT but it will follow Shane for a long time. I don't believe he stepped up and admitted anything. They had the phone records to prove his guilt.
Phone records only prove he was called , no way to know what was said. He didn't have to admit to anything word against word.

I just have once concern over this entire incident. Did Stiney know anything about it or have any involvement?
:D

Phone records only prove he was called , no way to know what was said. He didn't have to admit to anything word against word.
Ok Burg, I know he's your boy.....but when he was the only coach that had been callled it doesn't take a genius to know he was guilty.

Ok Burg, I know he's your boy.....but when he was the only coach that had been callled it doesn't take a genius to know he was guilty.
I never said he wasn't guility, you said you didn't believe he stepped up and admitted it. Phone records prove nothing except Elrod called Shane.. Elrod was a color radio man , he may have called for an interview, or a how you doing hows the wife and kids ect ect ect. What we do know is Shane went to his employer the UGA and told them last week. IMO what he is guilty of is not ratting out a friend. And I don't have a reason to doubt #14 Onward Indians

I agree it will not hurt VT but it will follow Shane for a long time. I don't believe he stepped up and admitted anything. They had the phone records to prove his guilt.
Do you recall what kind of trouble Louisville coach got into at Arkansas? Did the next two AD's who hired him care about it? Does anyone care about it today? He wins games and that's all AD's and fans care about. 5 years from now no one will remember or care about what Shane did at VT. If he is a hot coach (I am not saying he is or will be), AD's will ignore it and offer him millions. That is just how it is. On the other hand, if you and I were to do anything similar, we would be fired instantly and would never find work again.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Do you recall what kind of trouble Louisville coach got into at Arkansas? Did the next two AD's who hired him care about it? Does anyone care about it today? He wins games and that's all AD's and fans care about. 5 years from now no one will remember or care about what Shane did at VT. If he is a hot coach (I am not saying he is or will be), AD's will ignore it and offer him millions. That is just how it is. On the other hand, if you and I were to do anything similar, we would be fired instantly and would never find work again.
With this hanging over his head it will be awhile before he gets a shot as a Head Coach.....he may not be HC material anyway.

The one thing about Petrino that is/was different from Shane is that....
1. Petrinos misconduct was far and away worse on any moral compass one goes by compared to Shane Beamer's.
2. Even bigger than the above in difference is that Petrino had been a Head Coach before his mistake at Arkansas. He completely turned Louisville's program around during his first stop there and made them competitive. At Arkansas, he did the same thing. He had already proven that he was the real deal when it came to X's and O's. Shane has never been a Head Coach and getting the opportunity is not easy or taken lightly. I think this issue is one that will prevent him from getting a start as a Head Coach at all levels of FBS. If he lands a Head Coaching job in the future, it will have to come at an FCS school, and that is now at least a decade away in my opinion. Even if he would have not had this issue come up, I don't think he would have started at any power 5 school as a Head Coach and 50/50 on a non power 5 school for his first HC position. With this issue, I think it bumps him from all levels of FBS for his start as a HC, and now, even FCS for his first job as a HC is 50/50. If he does get one at the FCS level, he's likely a decade away from that opportunity.

IMO it's much to do about nothing. Look at Louisville, Penn State, Miami and especially UNC. ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That AD at Louisville would hire Charles Mansion if he thought it would help win a game. They have zero standards out there.

The one thing about Petrino that is/was different from Shane is that....
1. Petrinos misconduct was far and away worse on any moral compass one goes by compared to Shane Beamer's.
2. Even bigger than the above in difference is that Petrino had been a Head Coach before his mistake at Arkansas. He completely turned Louisville's program around during his first stop there and made them competitive. At Arkansas, he did the same thing. He had already proven that he was the real deal when it came to X's and O's. Shane has never been a Head Coach and getting the opportunity is not easy or taken lightly. I think this issue is one that will prevent him from getting a start as a Head Coach at all levels of FBS. If he lands a Head Coaching job in the future, it will have to come at an FCS school, and that is now at least a decade away in my opinion. Even if he would have not had this issue come up, I don't think he would have started at any power 5 school as a Head Coach and 50/50 on a non power 5 school for his first HC position. With this issue, I think it bumps him from all levels of FBS for his start as a HC, and now, even FCS for his first job as a HC is 50/50. If he does get one at the FCS level, he's likely a decade away from that opportunity.

This event will have zero to do with Shane either getting or never getting a HC job. Six months from now no one will remember it.

This event will have zero to do with Shane either getting or never getting a HC job. Six months from now no one will remember it.
The only chance he will have in the next few years is an SEC team......they all cheat.

I disagree with that. I agree with you on the average or common fan not remembering in a relatively short time, but the common fan remembering or forgetting is not the standard by which he would be hired or not hired. ADs and Board Members of the University in the mix are the standard. These people have far higher IQS on average and they DO remember. Additionally, if they do forget, then they are quickly reminded during the vetting process. Again, Shane has not proven anything as a coordinator or HC. This also works against him.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT