ADVERTISEMENT

Wiles and Gray staying

Bud is at VT for the long term, think he's thrilled to have possibility of VT having an Offense. Big things ahead for VT!

Bud is at VT for the long term, think he's thrilled to have possibility of VT having an Offense. Big things ahead for VT!
He may be happy but how can he not have some hard feelings that AD wouldn't even give him an interview after all he's done for VT. I suspect Fuente is happier to have Bud than Bud is to have Fuente.....

Bud is a professional. Now that he has an offense that should eliminate many of the 3 and outs, his defense should be even better.
I also expect improvement in special teams. Granted there were years our STs were good, but lately they have been average or below. I think we only blocked 2 kicks this season. Our return game was not great also.

He may be happy but how can he not have some hard feelings that AD wouldn't even give him an interview after all he's done for VT. I suspect Fuente is happier to have Bud than Bud is to have Fuente.....
The fact that Bud has already openly talked about having some hard feelings to the local media tells me he won't dwell on it too hard or for too long. If it was going to sit and simmer for a while before blowing up, he wouldn't already be talking about it.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
The fact that Bud has already openly talked about having some hard feelings to the local media tells me he won't dwell on it too hard or for too long. If it was going to sit and simmer for a while before blowing up, he wouldn't already be talking about it.
Bud knows deep down he's a defensive coordinator would not be a good head coach at a D1 school. Sure, he wanted the respect that comes with an interview, but I believe he knows his limitations and ultimately will accept staying with the program he loves and being one of the best and highest paid defensive coordinators in the game.

Bud knows deep down he's a defensive coordinator would not be a good head coach at a D1 school. Sure, he wanted the respect that comes with an interview, but I believe he knows his limitations and ultimately will accept staying with the program he loves and being one of the best and highest paid defensive coordinators in the game.
I don't believe Bud thanks he wouldn't be a good D1 head coach.....I do think he knows his window to be a head coach is closing fast.

Bud can make all that money, stay in SW VA with his place on a huge lake, don't feel bad for Bud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT