ADVERTISEMENT

Will talking football huh glad we have BB to stay in the present

You never know for sure what any coach will do but I would think Wisconsin would be the school that he would consider leaving for....being that UVA sucks at football I would see them break out the check book to try to keep him. He is selling out JPJ (14,596) more than not these days and bringing nice money to the school.

If he keeps up his run we're almost certain to find out. Wisconsin would come after him. I'm sure the bluebloods would be able to up the ante a few million if they think he's worth it. Would a few million a year be worth leaving Charlottesville for Chapel Hill or Durham? Duke's already shown they are willing to play in the 7 million range. Would UVA?

If the Hoo's keep winning John Grisham will be glad to pony up along with many others, money will not be an issue.

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
If the Hoo's keep winning John Grisham will be glad to pony up along with many others, money will not be an issue.
Money is always an issue. You brought London back because his buy out was too much.

Wow Sunny.....I get a smack on the wrist for a few nicknames of VT players and yet you find that comment ok? Might want to use the edit button on yourself. I feel sure you wouldn't put up with anyone mentioning the horrible episode that happened at VT.....

This post was edited on 1/24 12:14 PM by Hoos19NC
Let me be clear; I wouldn't make fun of something like that. You don't think young ladies have been fearful of moving around Charlottesville at night alone? I would if I was a young female. I just found it odd someone would mention how safe it is there after the recent serial killer, and thought that females might not have that same opinion.

I wasn't making light of the murders.

This post was edited on 1/24 11:30 PM by SunnyBeachWave

Run that gimmicky ass defense on UK and leave the outside shot and mid range jumper open and see what you get.LMAO......Kentucky by 30!

Originally posted by VT/UK Rondo:

Run that gimmicky ass defense on UK and leave the outside shot and mid range jumper open and see what you get.LMAO......Kentucky by 30!
That Booker kid is unstoppable. There are several players on that team that you could look at and say this kid might be the best player on the team. The commentator said today 90% of the 2-deep are top 10 recruits. That's crazy.

They do seem to get lackadaisical a lot though, in the games I've watched. UVa doesn't look as talented but they do look more disciplined.

Your comment was uncalled for and was meant as a cheap shot... Money would not be an issue and he already turned down the Indiana job the year before he took the UVA job. The only place I could see him go is the NBA... Also UVA's d isn't a gimmick. It is solid fundamentally sound d that forces low percentage shots. We already beat ND and Davidson so we aren't really worried about the "great" Kentucky offense. I think it's funny how you don't even realize what makes Kentucky good is their rebounding not their shooting. They actually are not a bad match up for UVA at all. I'm more worried about Duke, Indiana, ND and Wisconsin than Kentucky. With that said my Hoos are going 39-0!

Originally posted by Patriot-Eagle:
Your comment was uncalled for and was meant as a cheap shot... Money would not be an issue and he already turned down the Indiana job the year before he took the UVA job. The only place I could see him go is the NBA... Also UVA's d isn't a gimmick. It is solid fundamentally sound d that forces low percentage shots. We already beat ND and Davidson so we aren't really worried about the "great" Kentucky offense. I think it's funny how you don't even realize what makes Kentucky good is their rebounding not their shooting. They actually are not a bad match up for UVA at all. I'm more worried about Duke, Indiana, ND and Wisconsin than Kentucky. With that said my Hoos are going 39-0!
Dude, you got to learn to quote. I talked about money being an issue, and made no comments that could possibly be construed as a cheap shot. Who are you responding to?

When you hit reply, the quotes are to the right of the smiley face. Click on that to quote the person you want to respond to.

Good to see the UK/VT/UConn/etc fan is back with his stupid prediction of now winning by 30..... You can't even beat teams from the weak....weak SEC by 30. If UK was in a real conference like the ACC it would be 0% chance you go undefeated even with your hired guns, your team is not well coached, just well recruited.....I'll take UVA +30 and pay off all my debts.

Originally posted by VTSmitty:
Money is always an issue. You brought London back because his buy out was too much.
LOL. Talk about a dog with a bone. Of course if Tony Bennett asked to be paid $100 million per year, yes, money would be an issue. But for those of us living in reality and not talking crazy hypothetical, paying him enough to stay at UVA would never be an issue.

Feel free to reply with another unrealistic reply.

Originally posted by mrjolly01:

If he keeps up his run we're almost certain to find out. Wisconsin would come after him. I'm sure the bluebloods would be able to up the ante a few million if they think he's worth it. Would a few million a year be worth leaving Charlottesville for Chapel Hill or Durham? Duke's already shown they are willing to play in the 7 million range. Would UVA?
Just because his dad coached at Wisconsin everybody thinks that his son wants to go back. Once again, a move to Wisconsin is a lateral move. His wife is from Louisiana and has stated her preference for warmer weather. Also, Coach TB loves the academic standards at UVA (he's said this on numerous occassions). Finally, both he and his wife love Cville.

The concept that he's actually building a long term successful basketball program at UVA is hard for anyone outside of fans to realize. Coach TB is here for the long haul.

"gimmicky ass defense"

laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by fishdude00:

Just because his dad coached at Wisconsin everybody thinks that his son wants to go back. Once again, a move to Wisconsin is a lateral move. His wife is from Louisiana and has stated her preference for warmer weather. Also, Coach TB loves the academic standards at UVA (he's said this on numerous occassions). Finally, both he and his wife love Cville.

The concept that he's actually building a long term successful basketball program at UVA is hard for anyone outside of fans to realize. Coach TB is here for the long haul.
Fans that are worried about another program poaching their successful coach always say that the coach and the wife love their area. Of course TB and his wife are going to say that. When have you ever heard a coach or his wife say "we really don't care much for this area and are looking forward to leaving when the next big offer comes"?
laugh.r191677.gif
Then they move on when the next big opportunity comes. Wisconsin might be a lateral move, but coaches often make lateral moves for varying reasons, and he's got ties there so I wouldn't get too comfortable I were a hoo. UNC is not a lateral move from UVA. UVA doesn't have UNC's basketball pedigree. Keep it up for 30+ years like UNC has and then UVA to UNC it will be a lateral move. Building a new arena and winning your first ACC championship in forever doesn't make you an instant blueblood.

Coach TB is a good coach and done a good job at UV-SWAY. But 2 good seasons don't make you a basketball god. Lets just ask a former UV-Sway player, grad, asst coach , and former head coach Jeff Jones what success and a couple bad years will get you.
"After graduation he spent 8 seasons as an assistant coach under NIT), one regular-season ACC Championship and four 20-win campaigns. He beat Roy Williams and #1 seeded Kansas in Kansas City to reach the Elite 8 in 1995 "

Man, your posts just keep getting worse and worse which is almost unbelievable with some of the stuff you've posted over the years.

Fans that are worried about another program poaching their successful coach always say that the coach and the wife love their area. Of course TB and his wife are going to say that. When have you ever heard a coach or his wife say "we really don't care much for this area and are looking forward to leaving when the next big offer comes"?
laugh.r191677.gif
Then they move on when the next big opportunity comes. Wisconsin might be a lateral move, but coaches often make lateral moves for varying reasons, and he's got ties there so I wouldn't get too comfortable I were a hoo. UNC is not a lateral move from UVA. UVA doesn't have UNC's basketball pedigree. Keep it up for 30+ years like UNC has and then UVA to UNC it will be a lateral move. Building a new arena and winning your first ACC championship in forever doesn't make you an instant blueblood.
laugh.r191677.gif
just can't stand to see any success at UVA huh? It'll be ok

laugh.r191677.gif
laugh.r191677.gif
just can't stand to see any success at UVA huh?
Nope, I never give it a thought unless I'm reading posts by hoos talking about how fine they are. Congratulations on your 3 point win today.

laugh.r191677.gif
laugh.r191677.gif
Nope, I never give it a thought unless I'm reading posts by hoos talking about how fine they are. Congratulations on your 3 point win today.
We played the worst game of the entire season and got a W. I'll take it.

laugh.r191677.gif
laugh.r191677.gif
you played the best DEFENSIVE TEAM IN THE ACC and got lucky. Noticed you ignored my Jeffy post.
Hoos today got a small sample of the future and with only 7 scholly players, wait until there is 13.

This post was edited on 1/25 2:53 PM by 1bburgfan

This post was edited on 1/25 4:54 PM by 1bburgfan

Burg you sound like a Hoo football fan....wait till next time. LOL. A win is a win, Go Hoos!!!!

Burg , Jones was sent packing for extra curricular activities....not his coaching. Surprised you didn't know this.

VTsmitty my first sentence was responding to the guy talking a ou Cville not being safe for women. Then I was replying to you. Hence why I quoted you. Good game by you guys today. You always play us tough at Cassell. I'm not worried about Buzz. If he has any success he will be poached by a bigger program.

VTsmitty my first sentence was responding to the guy talking a ou Cville not being safe for women. Then I was replying to you. Hence why I quoted you. Good game by you guys today. You always play us tough at Cassell. I'm not worried about Buzz. If he has any success he will be poached by a bigger program.
Haven't you heard? Buzz and his wife said they love Blacksburg. That means they will be in Blacksburg for a long, long time.

Originally posted by 1bburgfan:

laugh.r191677.gif
laugh.r191677.gif
you played the best DEFENSIVE TEAM IN THE ACC and got lucky. Noticed you ignored my Jeffy post.
Hoos today got a small sample of the future and with only 7 scholly players, wait until there is 13.

This post was edited on 1/25 2:53 PM by 1bburgfan
This post was edited on 1/25 4:54 PM by 1bburgfan
Why would you call VT the best defensive team in the ACC? We are 13th out of 15 teams in scoring defense, 8th in FG % defense, 14th in defensive rebounding, 14th in steals per game, and 11th in blocked shots per game, all against a schedule ranked 140th so far.

Today, we played real good defense, but what about the previous 6 games, when we gave up 82, 68, 86, 78, 68, and 85 points? We played hard and gave a great effort today, so my question is why can't we do this every game? Why wait till we play our rival to play like this?

Why say UVA got lucky? UVA outplayed us the first 13 minutes and led 24-13. Then, we outplayed them the next 16 minutes, outscoring them 30-9 to take a 43-33 lead, before they outscored us the the final 11 minutes 17-4 for the 50-47 win. Hard to call it a lucky win for them when we only scored 4 points the final 11 minutes.

Do you know how much money old money is circling around UVA?
We do. Do you know how much of it is still paying the buyouts of all of your ex-coaches?

lol kank,just jerking a
few hoo strings, they pride themselves on their defense.

Originally posted by 1bburgfan:

lol kank,just jerking a
few hoo strings, they pride themselves on their defense.
I thought you might have been. Glad you cleared that up.

See this is why I have zero respect for UVA basketball fan knowledge, second year of good bball and their fans think the only way their coach leaves is to the NBA....let me guess, because he has such experience in coaching elite players and dealing with egos of 5star McDonald AAs? There is ZERO on his resume that says hes ready for this type of jump. Getting 3star and a few 4star scholar athletes to buy into a system and play hard is a whole different world than getting a team full of elite "me first" superstars to play together as a team in some pre-determined system. No wonder he passed on Indiana, unlike UVA (and this is not meant as a dig) Indiana has high expectations...some might think unrealistic expectations. At UVA he has time to implement his system and recruit players he wants to run it without the pressure for fast success. UVA is the perfect fit. Elite programs who could hire him away, wont because he has yet to prove he can recruit the elite recruits they expect and its going to be hard to recruit those type players to play in a system they wont see in the NBA.

Kentucky has no one strength or weakness. Its almost impossible to prepare for them and beating ND and Davidson is hardly impressive. Kentucky has already beaten two of the toughest ACC teams UVA will face this year.

See this is why I have zero respect for UVA basketball fan knowledge, second year of good bball and their fans think the only way their coach leaves is to the NBA....let me guess, because he has such experience in coaching elite players and dealing with egos of 5star McDonald AAs? There is ZERO on his resume that says hes ready for this type of jump. Getting 3star and a few 4star scholar athletes to buy into a system and play hard is a whole different world than getting a team full of elite "me first" superstars to play together as a team in some pre-determined system. No wonder he passed on Indiana, unlike UVA (and this is not meant as a dig) Indiana has high expectations...some might think unrealistic expectations. At UVA he has time to implement his system and recruit players he wants to run it without the pressure for fast success. UVA is the perfect fit. Elite programs who could hire him away, wont because he has yet to prove he can recruit the elite recruits they expect and its going to be hard to recruit those type players to play in a system they wont see in the NBA.

Kentucky has no one strength or weakness. Its almost impossible to prepare for them and beating ND and Davidson is hardly impressive. Kentucky has already beaten two of the toughest ACC teams UVA will face this year.
You said Bennett did not go to Indiana because they have high expectations and would not give him time to implement his system, yet Tom Creane went 6-25, 10-21, and 12-20 his 1st 3 years at Indiana, and was obviously given plenty of time to turn things around. Why do you keep saying things just to say them without having anything to back up your comments?

There is no reason at all for Bennett to ever leave UVA. He will get paid plenty at one of the best schools in the country, in what most will say is the best conference in the country. He has already proved he can win there, and win at the highest level, unless 26-2 in the ACC the past 2 years tells you otherwise. And, if you think he is a 1 or 2 year wonder, you are definitely not keeping up with what he is doing there. They return almost everyone next year, and it looks like they will land some good recruits the next few years. They are not going away anytime soon, Bennett is not going anywhere, and we can count on them being real good for a very long time.

Why do you keep mentioning Ky. as if they have had no close calls this year? Impossible to prepare for them? Sure, like UVA, they are a real good team, but average Ole Miss and A&M teams seemed to prepare just fine for them. They are not unbeatable.

Vt/Ky/UConn/.......you continue to act like UVA has beaten no one, here's a stat you the Hoo's are 4-0 against current top 25 teams on the road.....40-3 since last January 1st......so get off your high horse and understand Bennett has/is building a very solid program. He stated he chose UVA over Indiana for a number of reason, one being he was excited about coaching in the best conference in college. If he didn't believe he could coach in the big time he would have picked a school in the SEC. I've said all along I don't expect Hoos to go undefeated, conference is to good, but they are one of the best teams in the country. So I laugh at you talking about anyones basketball knowledge when you aren't even knowledgeable enough to see that Bennett can flat out coach.....I do understand why you keep hanging your hat on the 2 ACC wins, because you got no one left on your schedule that could finish in the top 10 of the ACC.

I do not follow basketball that closely, but I know the ACC schedule is a pile of manure for every team in the conference. It is unbalanced, some teams play tougher schedule than others.

EVERY TEAM IN CONFERENCE SHOULD PLAY IDENTIAL CONFERENCE SCHEDULES.

I pay very little attention as to who has beat who, because of the un-even schedules.

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

I do not follow basketball that closely, but I know the ACC schedule is a pile of manure for every team in the conference. It is unbalanced, some teams play tougher schedule than others.

EVERY TEAM IN CONFERENCE SHOULD PLAY IDENTIAL CONFERENCE SCHEDULES.

I pay very little attention as to who has beat who, because of the un-even schedules.
How is this any different from football? Do you not watch football either?

Football schedules are screwed up also. Every team in football should play identical conference schedules. How can a conference have a true champion when some teams play softer schedules and some teams play tougher schedules.

It's all about $$$$$$$$$$ for the Commissioner's pocket.

Football schedules are screwed up also. Every team in football should play identical conference schedules. How can a conference have a true champion when some teams play softer schedules and some teams play tougher schedules.

It's all about $$$$$$$$$$ for the Commissioner's pocket.
You are all over the place again. On other threads, when criticizing OSU, you kept saying TCU deserved to be in over them. Now, in this thread, you talk about playing everyone and having a true champion. Well, the Big 12 did that, and Baylor was their true champion. Yet, you think TCU should have been in the playoff? So, to review, you think teams should play everyone in its conference, and have a true champion, but you also think a true champion like Baylor should be passed by a non champ like TCU???

Baylor's OOC schedule was beyond pathetic, which let the committee with an easy and obvious decision. They got the correct 4 teams in there, even though it can be argued that overrated Bama never belonged.

Alabama belonged before any of the other 3 teams.
LOL. Yep, only losing by 6 to Bo Wallace and Ole Miss definitely showed they belonged, right?

This post was edited on 1/27 11:49 AM by pckank1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT