ADVERTISEMENT

Will UVA become the dirtiest team in college football?

USA Today rated VT's coaching hire as tops in the nation.

I think UVA has always been a dirty team. Mendenhall ain't going to change a thing.

We'll then you need to stop worrying about Bronco.....
But...but he's the great and terrible bronco before whom all mortals quiver.
wmsjvA5UH8Xqo.gif

It's no different than VT fans being excited about Daisy Fuentes.....at least Bronco is an established D1 coach, remains to be seen if Daisy can really coach in the big time. He's not in the mighty AAC anymore.......just sayin.

LOL, what?!? You do realize that Bronco's claim to fame is winning the "mighty" MWC conference back in 2006 and 2007 with Gary Crowton's team and that they've been unranked since 2009, which by the way was the last time they had any win over a ranked team (to an arguably over-ranked Oregon State team). Fuente has more conference wins and quality wins over ranked teams as a head coach compared to Bronco over the same period.

Why would you point to Bronco's failure as an independent or in the MWC as an indicator of future success in the ACC?

...just sayin'.

LOL, what?!? You do realize that Bronco's claim to fame is winning the "mighty" MWC conference back in 2006 and 2007 with Gary Crowton's team and that they've been unranked since 2009, which by the way was the last time they had any win over a ranked team (to an arguably over-ranked Oregon State team). Fuente has more conference wins and quality wins over ranked teams as a head coach compared to Bronco over the same period.

Why would you point to Bronco's failure as an independent or in the MWC as an indicator of future success in the ACC?

...just sayin'.
Ok.....Bronco has more wins than Daisy has even coached....I'm sure you are smart enough to realize Bronco has never had a losing season as a head coach, that's 11 seasons without a losing record. Maybe you should do your homework before posting assumptions.....just sayin.

Last edited:
Parry thrust,parry thrust, ouch, Hoos did you take the rubber tip off of that epee? Of course Fuentes can coach in the mighty ACC. He's going to ride that horse of yours right out of the stadium.

Parry thrust,parry thrust, ouch, Hoos did you take the rubber tip off of that epee? Of course Fuentes can coach in the mighty ACC. He's going to ride that horse of yours right out of the stadium.
LOL .....kind of like how Buzz was going to turn the basketball team around.

Ok.....Bronco has more wins than Daisy has even coached....I'm sure you are smart enough to realize Bronco has never had a losing season as a head coach, that's 11 seasons without a losing record. Maybe you should do your homework before posting assumptions.....just sayin.

What assumption?

It will be interesting to see which coach reaches 100 wins with his new team the fastest.

I heard that on game days, Bronco is going to go over to Keswick and ride that horse into the stadium himself.

What assumption?

It will be interesting to see which coach reaches 100 wins with his new team the fastest.
If Daisy hadn't have kept Bud I would say UVA but Daisy saved his butt by keeping Bud.

I agree would have been disappointed with hiring someone like fuente..period the fact he is keeping so much of the old staff would worry me.is it really his team or is it by commitee..I'll taking a proven winning coach any day. .

I agree would have been disappointed with hiring someone like fuente..period the fact he is keeping so much of the old staff would worry me.is it really his team or is it by commitee..I'll taking a proven winning coach any day. .
Fuente has already beat Filly opps or is it Gelding , Gelding it is old chaps , has a Hoo ring to it.

He's keeping the part of the staff that was doing a great job. You wouldn't want to keep the part of your staff that was doing exceptional work? BTW most publications I've seen think VT's hire was way better. I saw one the other day that had our hire number 1 and UVA's number 8. Your opinion would put you in a minority with most people who follow college football. The exception, of course, being hoos.

It's all assumption on everyone's part..my opinion we have been bit by being loyal to people like london,and groh, that a proven winner with a new staff is what we needed.and to say your assistants where doing such a great job..doesn't bear fruit considering your records the last few yrs..BTW I agree buzz has only been there two yrs and needs more time..but don't see that much of a change so far including recruiting..just saying

It's all assumption on everyone's part..my opinion we have been bit by being loyal to people like london,and groh, that a proven winner with a new staff is what we needed.and to say your assistants where doing such a great job..doesn't bear fruit considering your records the last few yrs..BTW I agree buzz has only been there two yrs and needs more time..but don't see that much of a change so far including recruiting..just saying
Which assistants that he kept haven't been doing a good job? Even most hoos know that's nonsense. Part of the high marks VT gets for the Fuente hire is tht he kept a defensive staff that has performed at a very high level. As for Buzz, if you don't watch anything but the box scores your opinion about the change that has occured so far is based on nothing but ignorance and doesn't compare to someone who watches the program closely.

Which assistants that he kept haven't been doing a good job? Even most hoos know that's nonsense. Part of the high marks VT gets for the Fuente hire is tht he kept a defensive staff that has performed at a very high level. As for Buzz, if you don't watch anything but the box scores your opinion about the change that has occured so far is based on nothing but ignorance and doesn't compare to someone who watches the program closely.
Keeping Bud will be the difference maker for Fuentes IMO.....as for Buzz, I'm afraid he is in a tough job. I watched the St. Joes game yesterday and I don't see where VT plays any different than last year. I thought with the addition of Seth Allen you would see nice improvement but I'm not seeing it. I realize it's only year 2 but I would think you would make a better showing against a middle of the pack A-10 school. What I saw yesterday tells me VT is in for a long year in the ACC. The good news is Boston College may be one of the worst teams in D1 so I don't see you finishing last. Maybe year 3 will be a big improvement but I believe it will be a longer process to get VT back in the Dance. Time can certainly prove me wrong.....

I hear and see a lot of Hoos fans I know talking basketball...........oh that's right, football is over for them.

For the record, basketball is just something to do between football and baseball season. No need for anyone to get too wrapped up over it.

Keeping Bud will be the difference maker for Fuentes IMO.....as for Buzz, I'm afraid he is in a tough job. I watched the St. Joes game yesterday and I don't see where VT plays any different than last year. I thought with the addition of Seth Allen you would see nice improvement but I'm not seeing it. I realize it's only year 2 but I would think you would make a better showing against a middle of the pack A-10 school. What I saw yesterday tells me VT is in for a long year in the ACC. The good news is Boston College may be one of the worst teams in D1 so I don't see you finishing last. Maybe year 3 will be a big improvement but I believe it will be a longer process to get VT back in the Dance. Time can certainly prove me wrong.....
Yesterday was one game. I don't base improvement or lack of it on one result. I've been watching the entire season and I can assure you we are making a lot of progress from last season. Its not always going to show up in every game with such a young team. Also don't forget we lost two players that were going to factor in major minutes this season and at least one of them will be back next season. This is not a program that can afford to lose 40% of their starting line up before the season starts. We still need for our luck to improve too. People trying to assess the progress of this program are going to have to be patient for a while. As for yesterday we were coming off 4 straight games of creampuffs and IMO that softens up a young team like this when they suddenly have to ramp up to another level of competition. They'll get better as they play more competition at a higher level. As for Seth Allen, he is a talented player but unfortunately he has shown he needs to mature - a lot. He makes way to many bad decisions right now and he's going to have to cut down on that if he's going to help the growth of this program. We need maturity from Seth more than anything. There are a lot of variables in this program right now that you don't realize by watching one game. I still think we can be a bubble team by next year if the right things happen. There is a building core of talent here now that was not here last season. We're closer than outsiders, and some of our own fans think we are.

I'm pretty sure we will win the ACC this year. I saw uva-c luck out with a blind prayer heave last night, so I know we are as good as they are.

Its not always going to show up in every game with such a young team. Also don't forget we lost two players that were going to factor in major minutes this season and at least one of them will be back next season. ... We still need for our luck to improve too. People trying to assess the progress of this program are going to have to be patient for a while.
Did ALgroh write this?

Did ALgroh write this?
Not that I'm aware of. Did he lose recruits to heart conditions or lose 40% of his starting line up?

I'm sure anything Al Groh wrote would have something to do with years of NFL experience. He was the "NFL Experience" coach, like London was the "Police Experience" coach, and Mendenhall is the "Dirty Player" coach. There's always a theme associated with UVA football coach hires.

Yesterday was one game. I don't base improvement or lack of it on one result. I've been watching the entire season and I can assure you we are making a lot of progress from last season. Its not always going to show up in every game with such a young team. Also don't forget we lost two players that were going to factor in major minutes this season and at least one of them will be back next season. This is not a program that can afford to lose 40% of their starting line up before the season starts. We still need for our luck to improve too. People trying to assess the progress of this program are going to have to be patient for a while. As for yesterday we were coming off 4 straight games of creampuffs and IMO that softens up a young team like this when they suddenly have to ramp up to another level of competition. They'll get better as they play more competition at a higher level. As for Seth Allen, he is a talented player but unfortunately he has shown he needs to mature - a lot. He makes way to many bad decisions right now and he's going to have to cut down on that if he's going to help the growth of this program. We need maturity from Seth more than anything. There are a lot of variables in this program right now that you don't realize by watching one game. I still think we can be a bubble team by next year if the right things happen. There is a building core of talent here now that was not here last season. We're closer than outsiders, and some of our own fans think we are.
Fair enough Jolly, I'm sure you are closer than I am. Yesterday they looked unimpressive to me but so did UVA last night.

Seth Allen played much better in my opinion at maryland..
So is it him or coaching or maybe has not got the talent around him so he has more pressure on him..tech may beat us this yr..maybe not? we still do have superior talent and coaching compared to va tech..top to bottom uva athletics are better than tech..sorry hr football doesn't last all yr..

Not that I'm aware of. Did he lose recruits to heart conditions or lose 40% of his starting line up?

I'm sure anything Al Groh wrote would have something to do with years of NFL experience. He was the "NFL Experience" coach, like London was the "Police Experience" coach, and Mendenhall is the "Dirty Player" coach. There's always a theme associated with UVA football coach hires.
I like the dirty player theme....

Seth Allen played much better in my opinion at maryland..
So is it him or coaching or maybe has not got the talent around him so he has more pressure on him.
What do you think? What did he do at Maryland to make you think he was better there than he is at VT?

Considering our record the last few years. I researched 5 yrs and here's what I found: Overall record 39-26; ACC record 22-17. Not great for sure. UVA records during the same period counting the 1 winning season in 2011: Overall record 23-38; ACC record 12-27. Since you've been out recruiting us for the past five years, maybe you would have liked to had some of our sorry assistant coaches. Only time will tell which new coach is more successful. But I like our chances.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
My point that's why we got rid of most of our assitants..hagen the lone carryover I think..not sure we out recruited you guys either.keep bud yes...not sure I would have retained the others..just saying ..so you are blaming everything thing on beamer,beamer Loeffler and stinespring..

He lit it up against us for sure I know that
So, the only game(s?) you actually watched him in was against UVA, and you haven't watched any of his games (I assume) while he's played at VT (again, I assume) and you've formed your opinion based on that?

My point that's why we got rid of most of our assitants..hagen the lone carryover I think..not sure we out recruited you guys either.keep bud yes...not sure I would have retained the others..just saying ..so you are blaming everything thing on beamer,beamer Loeffler and stinespring..
So, all your opinions are based on nothing more than records, which comprise the depth of your arguments. By your own rationale, you should not want to have hired Mendenhall because he kept one of your coaches who coached in a system which had bad records. Your thought processes make zero sense.

We kept 1 guy..how do u compare that...and I'm sorry but u play for records..am I not correct. .what do you guys play for..??atta..boys sheesh..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT