ADVERTISEMENT

Wolfpack I was rootin' for ya

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
But 1) your coach could have stayed conservative and kept running the ball, and,
2) why run the clock down to 2 seconds and have only 1 try at a FG when you have 3 downs to do it? IOWs if you have a bad snap on 2nd down, fall on the ball and try again on 3rd etc., instead your coach put all the eggs put in 1 basket.

Last edited:
I was thinking exactly the same thing, but frankly, that FG was a gimmie. If he can't even make that, he has no business having that job.

Yeah, straight on in great weather from the 16 yard line to beat the #3 team in the country...and you shank the hell out of it...oh boy.

I will say NC St. is a better team than I have been giving them credit for so far this year. But it was a game they gift wrapped and handed a Clemson team that was about as unmotivated to play as any team I watched yesterday.

I will say NC St. is a better team than I have been giving them credit for so far this year. But it was a game they gift wrapped and handed a Clemson team that was about as unmotivated to play as any team I watched yesterday.
So , you didn't catch our act?
NCS should have won . Their PK choked.

You guys thinking the same as us. Our kicker had already missed 2...and Dayes was wearing them down 5 yards at a time. Thought we should have run a couple of more plays and maybe get in the end zone so that we do not put our fortunes on a kicker that has been horrible for two years. And also thought that we should have called time with 7 seconds left to allow for a TO if the snap is bad. But bottom line...it should have been a gimme for even an average kicker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT