ADVERTISEMENT

***5.22 VT INsider Chat Details***

Guys, we're back to our normal time, 12:30 pm ET on Friday (tomorrow) for this week's chat. And as always, plenty going on, on the recruiting trail especially, with more offers going out. Plus, it's about to get very busy, with the Rivals Five-Star Challenge presented by Under Armour and the NBAPA Top 100 camps over the next few weeks. Come take advantage of and get the very most out of your subscriptions and join us for the chat!

And if you can't make the chat, don't worry. The chat is the best way to get real-time answers, but you can always post something on The Gobbler or email me directly at jason.stamm@rocketmail.com.

Chat link: http://bit.ly/1dn0onA

Virginia Tech baseball advances to ACC Tournament

Hey guys,

The Virginia Tech baseball team just beat Pittsburgh 13-7 to advance to the ACC Tournament. They had lost the last two against Pitt and it looked like a nail-biter, but they made it by. The Hokies are the No. 9 seed and are set to play UNC in the near future.

How far will the Hokies go? Do you think they have any chance of making it to the title game?
Reactions: DEXTERITY

Smitty steps out on a limb and takes a commanding lead.

I see the Smith has taken charge. Bring your game so you don't fall behind in the race for the grand prize. It's free. Easy money Let's play.

Even if you don't have a paypal account, you can create one quickly and easily and it's free. If you need help with that, email me or you can create one later when you win.

Here's a little site to keep score and winnings organized. Only contestants will be able to view the scoreboards.

Senor Sol's Hokie Contests

CONTEST: It's time for some fun.....beaches

I'm going to start implementing some games and contests on here to liven the board up and create some camaraderie. Rules will vary. Some contests/games will have immediate prizes including a scored point and some will only score a point toward the grand prize. First one to 10 points wins the grand prize of $25.

That said, welcome to the:

Hokie Girl Random Photo World Championship

• Post a photo of a male OR female wearing some type of VT gear. Keep it decent. No photoshopping. Face must show. Photos can come from wherever you can find them as long as they're not copyright protected or watermarked.
  • Deadline for posted photos is Wednesday, May 13 at midnight.
  • One photo per person.
  • Your posted photo earns you the right to vote once.
  • On Thursday, everyone who posted a photo can vote for any other posted photo except their own.
  • Poster with the most votes wins $5 and a point toward the grand prizzle.
  • Must have paypal account to receive money(it's free and easy to sign up).
  • Contest open to all Hokiehaven and rival posters who can stand typing "pretty virginia tech girl" in to their search bar. ;)

This thread is for photo posts only. If you have a comment, please add it while posting your photo. Comments without photos will be deleted.
If you have questions, email or message Sunny. Good luck and may Babcock be with you.

***INsider: Grant Gibson On VT Offer***

Guys, I spoke earlier with Mallard Creek (NC) 2017 four-star DT Grant Gibson, whom VT offered Tuesday. I got an in-person look at him at the Charlotte Rivals Camp and he's got the make up of a very solid D-lineman.

Gibson actually also visited for the spring game, his first trip to VT. He told me he was very surprised about the trip, because he thought VT would be in the middle of nowhere. But he liked the campus, the atmosphere and said he liked what there was to do. He also liked getting to talk with defensive coordinator Bud Foster and defensive line coach Charley Wiles.

Assistant coach Shane Beamer is his primary recruiter and Gibson said he likes what he's heard there, too. Beamer keeps reiterating how much they want him and how they want him to come back on a visit.

The other new offer is from Colorado State, which also offered Tuesday. The connection there is his former head coach is now on staff out there. But it sounds like Gibson is thinking a little bigger. Tennessee was first to offer in February and Vanderbilt and NC State have both since offered.

This spring, Gibson said he also visited NC State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Florida State and North Carolina. Nothing definite is planned right now, but he wants to visit UNC, Duke, South Carolina, Clemson and NC State this summer. Still mighty early here, but he has visited VT, which is certainly a plus. I don't think he's leaning any one way right now either.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT