ADVERTISEMENT

A good win for the seniors and the team

Congrats again.....it was a good game that could have gone either way and once again we are on the short end. Amazing how similar these two teams really were. VT's defense lived up to its reputation and made it tough on Lambert, I really thought they would switch to Johns he runs better and that seems to give VT a hard time but we never did. The game had great intensity from both sides, just like a rival game should have, but also good sportsmanship when it counted. Good Luck in your bowl game, see you guys on the Basketball court.....

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
Congrats again.....it was a good game that could have gone either way and once again we are on the short end. Amazing how similar these two teams really were. VT's defense lived up to its reputation and made it tough on Lambert, I really thought they would switch to Johns he runs better and that seems to give VT a hard time but we never did. The game had great intensity from both sides, just like a rival game should have, but also good sportsmanship when it counted. Good Luck in your bowl game, see you guys on the Basketball court.....
and mat. Was a very entertaining game. Hard fought by both teams. Shout out for the Hokie Nation in attendance last night Lane was electric ty ty ty A lot better crowd than I expected....................................

All year these two teams have looked a lot alike. UVA played a tougher schedule than we did and frankly I thought they would win last nite. They have been solid on D all year and were in every game they played but one. A great game played tough on both sides .

Like most, I'm pleased to win, but it's kind of sad because we're excited about beating a 5-7 team. I understand the rivalry and all, but I just wish we were better. For those that want to change quarterbacks, change to who? Do you really believe there is a quality QB in the program. There isn't, but even so, Brewer is the best. That's sad, but it's the truth, and we have not been able to recruit anybody.

Originally posted by blue bomber:
Like most, I'm pleased to win, but it's kind of sad because we're excited about beating a 5-7 team. I understand the rivalry and all, but I just wish we were better. For those that want to change quarterbacks, change to who? Do you really believe there is a quality QB in the program. There isn't, but even so, Brewer is the best. That's sad, but it's the truth, and we have not been able to recruit anybody.
Stop looking for a reason to bitch and moan. It was a great win for the program, and for a bunch of kids who fought through adversity when they could have mailed it in for this game.

And while you are bemoaning the lack of quality QBs, I guess you don't think that our two highly touted redshirt freshman count? Ford and Durkin both have great promise, though different styles.

Originally posted by AAHokie:

Originally posted by blue bomber:
Stop looking for a reason to bitch and moan. It was a great win for the program, and for a bunch of kids who fought through adversity when they could have mailed it in for this game.

And while you are bemoaning the lack of quality QBs, I guess you don't think that our two highly touted redshirt freshman count? Ford and Durkin both have great promise, though different styles.
We've got some depth & talent at QB next yr.
Seriously, I'm going to enjoy the win over UVA. I don't care if they're 5-7 or 1-11. A win over UVA is always sweet, even if we're 11-1 and they're winless. I'll take it!

And Brew played his heart out. Sounds like he rallied the OL w/ his "I'll keep getting back up" talk.

Brewer did play his heart out. He took a whole lot of hits.

As Motley show promise from time to time he sure seems to get hurt a lot.

Brewer needs to pump iron and put on weight if he's gonna take as many hits next year although Ford and Durkin both want his job too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT