ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
I paid a little more attention to ACC tournament this year than in years past.

I do not like the Top 4 teams getting a double bye. I actually do not like anyone getting a bye at all.

Notre Dame in ACC is a disgrace to the ACC. NCAA should have forced ND into Big 10 years ago. ACC gains nothing with ND being a part time member.

I hope Miami beats UVA.

I paid a little more attention to ACC tournament this year than in years past.

I do not like the Top 4 teams getting a double bye. I actually do not like anyone getting a bye at all.

Notre Dame in ACC is a disgrace to the ACC. NCAA should have forced ND into Big 10 years ago. ACC gains nothing with ND being a part time member.

I hope Miami beats UVA.
It's been one of the best ACC tournaments in years. We have seen a lot of close games and some great comebacks. Don't be such a sour puss.....enjoy the tournament,after all it is a basketball conference.

I enjoyed watching Liberty University softball yesterday. I have yet to watch any of tournament, and I doubt if I will watch any of it. Just doesn't seem like an ACC tournament based on location and Notre Dame playing in it. LU has a softball game at 5 and 7 today. That's where I be.

Those double byes are terrible. The ACC is the worst run conference in the nation. Swofford has sold out to the northerners.

Not a fan of the double bye.
But, I'm sure I'd feel differently were VT the benefactors of the horrible inequity. ;)

I like the bye system. It gives more meaning to the regular season. They are not given, they are earned. And the good news is we'll be competing for one of those double byes next season.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
I like the bye system. It gives more meaning to the regular season. They are not given, they are earned. And the good news is we'll be competing for one of those double byes next season.
I don't mind rewarding teams with a single bye, but two? Holy crap. Legs are so vital; that virtually ensures the teams that made these rules (I have no idea who they might be) will get the win.
unc_Dook%20ADV_zpsyynhewtd.jpg

No to double bye. Rooting for anyone playing against UNC. Also rooting for UVA as I think they can handle UNC.

Last edited:
I enjoyed watching Liberty University softball yesterday. I have yet to watch any of tournament, and I doubt if I will watch any of it. Just doesn't seem like an ACC tournament based on location and Notre Dame playing in it. LU has a softball game at 5 and 7 today. That's where I be.

Those double byes are terrible. The ACC is the worst run conference in the nation. Swofford has sold out to the northerners.
Those damn Yankees....how dare them mess up the great ACC.;)

I don't mind rewarding teams with a single bye, but two? Holy crap. Legs are so vital; that virtually ensures the teams that made these rules (I have no idea who they might be) will get the win.
unc_Dook%20ADV_zpsyynhewtd.jpg
I think the double bye is more fair for the teams that played really well in the regular season. With a single bye in a normal season (all teams eligible) only the season champ would sit on day one. The double bye gives the other top teams a better chance to have the legs to upset the regular season champion in the tournament by equalizing their legs. I'd rather reward teams that finished in the top 4 rather than, say for example, hurting number 2's chances by making them play an extra game against a 15th seeded team that didn't accomplish squat during the regular season.

Double?
Your brief run of nearly-elite status will end soon.
You won't love it when you guys go back to normal.
;)
Actually I really do like the way it's set up....you earn the double bye by having a great regular season. 15 teams have a chance at the double bye, it's earned not given.

Reactions: Salemite
Actually I really do like the way it's set up....you earn the double bye by having a great regular season. 15 teams have a chance at the double bye, it's earned not given.
Yeah, but once you guys go back to suck... j/k
;)

Got a customer in Oklahoma that says rumors are OK St. wants Buzz.....anyone think he might jump ship? I guess he could share a plane ride with Bennett when he talks to Wisky.

Got a customer in Oklahoma that says rumors are OK St. wants Buzz.....anyone think he might jump ship? I guess he could share a plane ride with Bennett when he talks to Wisky.

Its true. They want Buzz. So will plenty of others.

Double-bye is fine.

Glad Dook lost. Glad Notre Dam lost. Rooting against UNC.

I like the ACC like it is. Except that dump Louisville and add UConn.

Good coach, so teams will come calling. Like it or not, that means there's always a chance. Hope he stays in the 'burg long enough to build something sustainable.

As for Bennett, if you guys would get up off that wallet just a little bit, he'd stay forever.

UConn would be a better fit for ACC than Loueyville. at least UConn is somewhere near the coast. Giving anyone a double bye is stupid. When playoffs/tournament starts, it should be a level playing field. No one should have an advantage.

I hope UNC beats the crap out of the Boo Hoos.

UConn would be a better fit for ACC than Loueyville. at least UConn is somewhere near the coast. Giving anyone a double bye is stupid. When playoffs/tournament starts, it should be a level playing field. No one should have an advantage.

It's taken great effort by all concerned, but I'll pull for uva-c over the cheating baby blue bastidges.

Reactions: Hoos19NC

Agree on Louisville HR but man I can't root for UNC . Even that they will be in the NCAA playoffs because of the NCAA's greed is baloney to me. The NCAA's current attitude towards money is destructive to college athletics.

Are you freaking serious....have you ever looked at the academics of UConn? They make Louisville look like Harvard!!
HR....Thanks for not pulling for the Hoos, that's a great sign!!!!

I cannot believe the NCAA SELECTION. committee gave Virginia a # 1 seed. They could not even win their conference. Even more puzzling is Syracuse making tournament.

I cannot believe the NCAA SELECTION. committee gave Virginia a # 1 seed. They could not even win their conference. Even more puzzling is Syracuse making tournament.
HR...don't hate so much. Our strength of schedule, RPI and wins against Top 25 as good as anyone in tournament. We earned it, nothing was given. ACC is the best conference and deserved two #1 seeds, after all we are a basketball conference.

I do not get too excited about basketball. I actually watched my first game on TV this year yesterday. I watched about 7 minutes of Purdue-Michigan State.

I do not get too excited about basketball. I actually watched my first game on TV this year yesterday. I watched about 7 minutes of Purdue-Michigan State.
So basicly you are admitting you have no clue if UVA should be a #1 seed.....

Are you freaking serious....have you ever looked at the academics of UConn? They make Louisville look like Harvard!!
HR....Thanks for not pulling for the Hoos, that's a great sign!!!!

UConn's academics are fine...they are 57th in the US News rankings - WAY ahead of Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT