ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson-Virginia Tech Game

Yet VT is averaging 193 rushing yards per game compared to UVa's 121.
Your rushing ranks 45th so I guess it’s not a dumpster fire...Your total offense is 27th, not bad at all, must be a pretty good passing game...I don’t know why you keep comparing yourself to UVA, I have never said they had a good rushing attack. I just gave you a name of a RB that you might want to know, he’s pretty good on a mediocre team.

I basically have to agree with Hoos. Our running offense is not very stout at all. Some of our touted yardage was against ECU with basically no run defense. Now there is some improvement but until we develop a line that can open up holes for a running back there will be no significant running yardage gained. Clemson was able to fundamentally shut down our run offense. They had the playmakers that could go edge to edge and contain us on the outside. The inside - pretty much forget about it.

To your point Clemson has great lateral speed to cover the edge. They also have so much talent on that front line that they can just rush 4 and get pressure and leave their safetys back all the time. When a team has that luxury its hard to do much of anything against them. I really didn't have a problem with our offense against Clemson except the untimely TO's and the shanked punt. I think when we're not playing a thoroughbred like Clemson we get just enough out of our running game to help make our passing game work. I purposely left ECU out of the discussion because ECU's defense is so bad. Frankly, it might be the worst I've ever seen, so I didn't want to expose my argument by using ECU, and chose to reference the 234 rushing yards we had against WVU instead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT