ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Beamer deserves all the credit in the world

Lemme jump in.

I want Frank to retire at the end of this year. As to "helping him decide" to retire, I don't want that to happen, but I suspect Whit, if he is convinced CFB won't step down voluntarily, is already garnering support for the move. I would sadly, and maybe inconsistently, support Whit in that.

Contra most opinions, I do not want Frank to announce mid-season. Ideally, Whit surreptitiously inks a new HC, and CFB announces on Feb. 4. It doesn't work that way, but it's what I'd like. Our already meager class could look positively DIII if the HC goes too soon. jmo

I also want Bud to go, btw. We now know he is not a god, and cannot field a good-to-great D without good-to-great players. Problem is, he is not a good-to-great recruiter himself. He needs to go. also, jmo Aside: some of his moves and non-moves this year are puzzling... at least.
Bud can not have a great D without great players? His D stats have far surpassed the level of recruiting historically. U want rid of him? Crazytrain.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
Neanderthal, your back how I miss your wisdom. We can really learn from you. You do really need to get a new them..grade school. That must really work for you in life.

whatev', man
don't recruit, get the boot
that's my view

I have to agree with him, getting rid of Bud might be a huge mistake. His defenses haven't been as good since the trend toward hurry up and spread and that probably is a tough adjustment. He just might be able to recruit if we had a consistently better team and he could honestly say we are competing for a shot at the playoffs. In the end though, we may not have a choice with Bud if he doesn't get the HC because I don't think he'll hang around. At this point, I bet he feels he's earned it on loyalty alone. Can't argue that from my perspective but I'm not so sure he'd be a great HC.

Reactions: Salemite
I have to agree with him, getting rid of Bud might be a huge mistake. His defenses haven't been as good since the trend toward hurry up and spread and that probably is a tough adjustment. He just might be able to recruit if we had a consistently better team and he could honestly say we are competing for a shot at the playoffs. In the end though, we may not have a choice with Bud if he doesn't get the HC because I don't think he'll hang around. At this point, I bet he feels he's earned it on loyalty alone. Can't argue that from my perspective but I'm not so sure he'd be a great HC.

Bud is the wild card.
HC? Not likely imo.
Willing to stay if he's not named? Also not likely.
But what if a big-ish name O-leaning HC comes in?
Might a rejuvenated BF stay?

My view is we need recruiters, regardless. But he'll be interesting to watch.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
I agree with you Sunny. Bud's defense has trouble in three areas I think. First, it has had trouble with power offenses that runs straight at and through the defense. Containment- the defense has trouble on the edges if their is not sufficient push up the middle from the middle of the defensive line. With coverage we have always been susceptible to big plays when WR gets behind our DB. We have pretty good ones but against a really quick, athletic WR we come up short sometimes.

This said, I think the last few years we have seen the so called "death spiral" as has been predicted by several on this board. Poor to mediocre play on the field has resulted in a degrading of talent recruited.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT