ADVERTISEMENT

cover this One Up....Radio Waves ..UnCheats ...

Like many stated...it wasn't just AFAM. Jan Boxill was implicated in the Wainsten report...

The revelations in University out of the maelstrom of academic impropriety.

Boxill was the the chairwoman of the faculty from April 2011 to June 2014 after serving as women's basketball academic counselor.

Boxill didn't return seven calls for comment. Her employment status as a professor in the UNC Department of Philosophy and the director of the Parr Center for Ethics is unknown. She is no longer listed as director on the center's website.

Now today we get this...

Emails show Boxill, a philosophy professor, offered 160 independent study courses between spring 2004 and spring 2012, according to records obtained by The Daily Tar Heel.

Wainstein's report found employees in the African and Afro-American studies department offered fake paper courses for 18 years - and Boxill encouraged athletes to take the classes. But the Wainstein report, like every report on UNC's academic-athletic scandal, has found the academic irregularities were limited to the African and Afro-American studies department.
But emails released as supplementary documents with the Wainstein report show athletes were also steered to independent study courses Boxill taught. The philosophy professor and former director of the Parr Center for Ethics did not respond to requests for comment for this story.
Boxill was embedded in UNC and its athletics program. A master lecturer in the philosophy department, she taught a long-standing class on sports ethics and brought in regular guest speakers like men's basketball coach Dean Smith. As faculty chairwoman, she attended regular meetings with former Chancellor Holden Thorp's administration.
"Why would a student take an independent study?" Lange said. "It's only for extraordinarily well-qualified students for whom the course material is too elementary."

Public records show Boxill would sometimes offer multiple students independent study courses each semester; for example, in spring 2005 she taught 20. UNC's Public Records Office would not distinguish how many students enrolled in Boxill's independent studies were student-athletes.

The emails released by Wainstein show some student-athletes were enrolled and steered to her courses - but his report doesn't mention it.

In one case, Crowder referred a student to Boxill for an independent study course after the African and Afro-American studies department was no longer able to provide them - but that wasn't the only instance.

In a 2006 email to Deborah Crowder, the secretary in the African and Afro-American studies department who Wainstein showed was largely responsible for the creation of the paper courses, football counselor Cynthia Reynolds discussed registering her players for new classes.

"Nice call on the Phil 30 (Boxill) correspondence course last semester," the email said. "Didn't know Jan was doing those."

In emails from later that year, Reynolds asked Boxill to take on a student for an independent study on sports ethics.

In another case, women's soccer counselor Brent Blanton referred a student to Boxill who was looking for an independent study. In an email to Blanton, the student said she didn't care if the course was "basket weaving."

More Dirt

Originally posted by Otis4411:

Originally posted by UNC71-00:
This thread is too funny.

99% of the guys here on Powell's side are the same ones who listen to Rush and talk about personal accountability (as do I).

Yet if someone says something bad about UNC, he's a victim. You guys are a riot.
Add Butch Davis to the 99% then because he said he did make the Harvard comment. Said it was tongue and cheek but he did say it.

Otis don't listen to Rush or any of those loonies. Do my voting based on issues I feel are important to me. Don't care about nobody else.
The Rush comment was also somewhat tongue in cheek- I only meant that you guys mostly strike me as conservatives with regards to your social leanings.

This thread is too funny.

99% of the guys here on Powell's side are the same ones who listen to Rush and talk about personal accountability (as do I).

Yet if someone says something bad about UNC, he's a victim. You guys are a riot.
Add Butch Davis to the 99% then because he said he did make the Harvard comment. Said it was tongue and cheek but he did say it.

Otis don't listen to Rush or any of those loonies. Do my voting based on issues I feel are important to me. Don't care about nobody else.
The Rush comment was also somewhat tongue in cheek- I only meant that you guys mostly strike me as conservatives with regards to your social leanings.
I figured that but I had to say that. I hate all political shows. I hate that they allow people to call you at home with those damn ads the month of voting. Anyone that don't know who they are voting for in the last month should not be allowed to vote.( Yea tongue in cheek sorta)

Matt 1976 hope you spend some time reading the Daily Tar Heel. Take notes!
I'll look into that as soon as you get me that dirt on Landon Turner. Because, according to you, all black athletes at UNC have no choice but to take the classes that the dirty coaches push on them, lol!

Also, since you folks over at UNC-Raleigh live in a world of transparency, can you please dig up the high school and college transcripts of Catburgler Barber, Rodney Purvis and CJ Leslie? Also, what can you tell me about Mark Gottfried's mentor Jim Harrick?

Why do you blue clowns always respond by trying to find dirt on other schools instead of acknowledging that you have a dirty program that needs a real house cleaning....makes all of you look stupid.

Originally posted by matt 1976:

Matt 1976 hope you spend some time reading the Daily Tar Heel. Take notes!
I'll look into that as soon as you get me that dirt on Landon Turner. Because, according to you, all black athletes at UNC have no choice but to take the classes that the dirty coaches push on them, lol!

Also, since you folks over at UNC-Raleigh live in a world of transparency, can you please dig up the high school and college transcripts of Catburgler Barber, Rodney Purvis and CJ Leslie? Also, what can you tell me about Mark Gottfried's mentor Jim Harrick?
Personally I wish Harrick was back in California. If Gottfried starts violating NCAA rules like Roy I hope State fires his butt.

Yep, Gottfried should just stick to banging 18 year old co-eds. What a man of character! If Roy could only be half the man Mark is, lol!

So which coach was a bigger cheat Dean or Roy? Maybe we should have a poll......

Nah, I think that would make him the runner up to dirty ass Valvano. You know, the Wolfpecker legend who's shrine they worship.

Rumor has it that UNC is going to allow Dean to be questioned by the NCAA.........

Oh man! Tarholes are up in arms because Fran Fraschilla, commentator for their game tonight, called out Roy and called UNC degrees fake! Cheats Scout board is going through a "Tarmageddon"!!!

I always liked Fran....proud he called it like it is!!!! A Blue Clown degree should be good for a job with the Circus....

It's kinda like the UNC-Raleigh board when Dalton committed, lol! Also, there's a reason Fran is doing the game against NCCU...only about 100 people are tuned in and half of them are Wolfpeckers praying that the Eagles take down the Heels like they beat your asses last year in the Carolina Hurricanes center.

It's kinda like the UNC-Raleigh board when Dalton committed, lol! Also, there's a reason Fran is doing the game against NCCU...only about 100 people are tuned in and half of them are Wolfpeckers praying that the Eagles take down the Heels like they beat your asses last year in the Carolina Hurricanes center.
Lol...wait...wut? Did Moo lose to NC Central last year? How did I forget that?

Lol...wait...wut? Did Moo lose to NC Central last year? How did I forget that?
Help an old guy out, who is Dalton?

LOL...We did not give a squat about Dalton as we were not in it. We were shocked that he did choose UNC over VT seeing there is a huge dumpster fire in Chapel Hill. But once we got Roseboro, our DE needs were more than met. That kid is a monster!

LOL, yeah the Dalton thread is only up to 2 pages and has 8252 views. Yep, you guys didn't care a bit about us landing a stud DE. Losers!!

Funny a blue clown calling someone a loser.....guess we should call you a cheater. The real loser is anyone with a fake degree from UNCheat!!!

LOL, yeah the Dalton thread is only up to 2 pages and has 8252 views. Yep, you guys didn't care a bit about us landing a stud DE. Losers!!
Forgive me for not knowing about the mighty Dalton. That was out of the blue and I was trying to think of a Dalton that would relate to the topic of this thread.

Forgive me for not knowing about the mighty Dalton. That was out of the blue and I was trying to think of a Dalton that would relate to the topic of this thread.
You spend enough time on Crackride, then you damn sure know who Dalton is. You ain't fooling anyone Otis.

You spend enough time on Crackride, then you damn sure know who Dalton is. You ain't fooling anyone Otis.
Nope first time I paid any attention to him was in this thread. I don't get too caught up in recruiting threads. You never know what a kid is going to do most times.

I find things like this way more interesting. I guess you are the Harvard of the South!

This post was edited on 11/17 12:47 PM by Otis4411

another gem

I find things like this way more interesting. I guess you are the Harvard of the South!

This post was edited on 11/17 12:47 PM by Otis4411
Have you dug up those transcripts for Cat Burgler Barber, Rodney Purvis and CJ Leslie yet? I assume that it would be pretty easy to do since you live in a world of transparency over there at UNC-Raleigh.

Originally posted by PACKed House:
LOL...We did not give a squat about Dalton as we were not in it. We were shocked that he did choose UNC over VT seeing there is a huge dumpster fire in Chapel Hill. But once we got Roseboro, our DE needs were more than met. That kid is a monster!
Riiiight.

We were involved. So if it has something to do with UNC, then you can bet your ass that moo is paying attention.

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
Funny a blue clown calling someone a loser.....guess we should call you a cheater. The real loser is anyone with a fake degree from UNCheat!!!
You should call the US News and World Report and tell them that UNC shouldn't be ranked so high. I bet if you personally called them and gave them a detailed report about all of the wrong doings, they'd probably amend their list.

Let me know how that works out for you.

UNC comes in at 30

I see that great university in Louisville, KY comes in at 161. Looks as if they've dropped since joining ACC.

Thank goodness UVA was 23rd on your list....how embarrassing would it have been to be listed below that pathetic clown college in Cheat Hill.....

Thank goodness UVA was 23rd on your list....how embarrassing would it have been to be listed below that pathetic clown college in Cheat Hill.....
30th ain't first. But I doubt many would characterize it as "pathetic". But UVa is most certainly impressive. I love the school and the town. Have you ever been?

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:

You should call the US News and World Report and tell them that UNC shouldn't be ranked so high. I bet if you personally called them and gave them a detailed report about all of the wrong doings, they'd probably amend their list.

Just like the "Carolina Way", the US news & World Report rankings are crap also.

Just like the "Carolina Way", the US news & World Report rankings are crap also.
Oh yeah,...because you say so.
laugh.r191677.gif

Keep tryin' moo. You'll get there one day.

laugh.r191677.gif

Not me...but the audit commissioned by USN&WR after the Chancellor of Stanford equated the rankings to People Magazine's "Sexiest Person Alive" issue. The result of the audit was that "the methodology used has no defensible basis whatsoever." I could break it down for you like we did at a National Education Conference in DC, but I doubt you would get...because you don't want to get it.

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:Oh yeah,...because you say so.

Well, I'd agree that USN&WR rankings are bunk. Something like 20% of the entire score is based on the % of freshmen that return to become sophs. Why would that be worth 20%? That's a joke. Why would that be worth anything at all?

We had profs telling us to look left & right, and that 2 of those people would flunk out before the next year. Of course, I never took anything like UNC's amfam courses...

laugh.r191677.gif

Not me...but the audit commissioned by USN&WR after the Chancellor of Stanford equated the rankings to People Magazine's "Sexiest Person Alive" issue. The result of the audit was that "the methodology used has no defensible basis whatsoever." I could break it down for you like we did at a National Education Conference in DC, but I doubt you would get...because you don't want to get it.
I don't work for USNAWR so you're not hurting my feelings. The bottom line is that by virtually anyone's ranking, UNC-CH is near the top of all public institutions. You can want it to be different but that won't make it so.

Not only have I been to UVA but I have also taken classes at Flagler.....silly me, I actually did the work, wish I had known I could just take the fake classes and still get my credits, silly me.....

Not only have I been to UVA but I have also taken classes at Flagler.....silly me, I actually did the work, wish I had known I could just take the fake classes and still get my credits, silly me.....
No one who has ever taken classes at KFBS refers to it as Flagler.

I know you think your online Darden diploma and apparent online class history at UNC are impressive. And given what you had to work with, I would agree.

Sorry for calling it by its name, I also stayed on campus at your little hotel at Flagler.....enjoyed throwing darts at the pub but as for the rest it is a second class business school compared with Darden. I just wish I had known about your fake classes.....they gave me a certificate, guess I can trash that worthless piece of crap, I already gave away the ugly umbrella they gave me for attending......outside of the pub, nothing was impressive about UNCheats campus....nothing.

Sorry for calling it by its name, I also stayed on campus at your little hotel at Flagler.....enjoyed throwing darts at the pub but as for the rest it is a second class business school compared with Darden. I just wish I had known about your fake classes.....they gave me a certificate, guess I can trash that worthless piece of crap, I already gave away the ugly umbrella they gave me for attending......outside of the pub, nothing was impressive about UNCheats campus....nothing.
That's because you weren't on campus, you buffoon. You went to the Rizzo Conference Center, not Kenan Flagler. There is no hotel at KFBS- that is only at Rizzo. And it is a few miles from campus.

Why were you there anyways- taking notes for your boss?

And please do trash any record you have and I will see what I can get done on my end. Heaven forbid any record exists of you participating in any UNC program.

Not a Darden Online MBA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT