ADVERTISEMENT

Foster confirms some things with Bitter

one man

All-Conference
Dec 8, 2002
In Bitter's recent blog, he interviewed Foster. Finally got word on Holland Fisher, Foster says he's been moved to Whip Linebacker. Chuck Clark will start as the #1 Free Safety, a move I thought would be likely as he's played all over the secondary and been solid over the past few years. Rover appears to be between CJ Reavis and Anthony Shegog, but Shawn Payne, Der'woun Green will get looks, Desmond Frye in the mix but not sure if he's going to be healthy enough to compete. At corner I'd expect Stroman and Reynolds to be 2nd string behind Fuller and Riley. If Facyson if he can come back healthy this summer he'll obviously be in that mix. Foster is hoping to see DE Seth Dooley take that next step and become his reliable 3rd DE. Melvin Keihn who came in last year a LB but was moved to DE is apparently staying at DE. Nijman is intriguing according to Foster, has impressed with his feet and athletic ability in workouts. Shaping up to be another great year, with all those starters out for Spring, it's sort of a blessing in disguise to get starter reps for backups, will build better depth on that side of the ball.

Originally posted by one man:
In Bitter's recent blog, he interviewed Foster. Finally got word on Holland Fisher, Foster says he's been moved to Whip Linebacker. Chuck Clark will start as the #1 Free Safety, a move I thought would be likely as he's played all over the secondary and been solid over the past few years. Rover appears to be between CJ Reavis and Anthony Shegog, but Shawn Payne, Der'woun Green will get looks, Desmond Frye in the mix but not sure if he's going to be healthy enough to compete. At corner I'd expect Stroman and Reynolds to be 2nd string behind Fuller and Riley. If Facyson if he can come back healthy this summer he'll obviously be in that mix. Foster is hoping to see DE Seth Dooley take that next step and become his reliable 3rd DE. Melvin Keihn who came in last year a LB but was moved to DE is apparently staying at DE. Nijman is intriguing according to Foster, has impressed with his feet and athletic ability in workouts. Shaping up to be another great year, with all those starters out for Spring, it's sort of a blessing in disguise to get starter reps for backups, will build better depth on that side of the ball.
Isn't Keihn about 210 pounds?

Even if Keihn is only 210 lbs., Dadi Nickolas isn't much heavier and Cory Moore, our greatest DE ever, was only 215-220 lbs..

> too quick and fast to block.

Originally posted by BigDaddyHokie:
Even if Keihn is only 210 lbs., Dadi Nickolas isn't much heavier and Cory Moore, our greatest DE ever, was only 215-220 lbs..

> too quick and fast to block.
The worry is durability. You nick the fast guys enough and they lose a half a step, then they are at a size disadvantage. If a DE is going to depend on speed and moves, you've got to limit his snaps, I believe.

like the old saying, 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog', it does not matter how how big/strong if the fire is not burning inside! Of course, a 6'7" guy w MV I speed/agility would be nice. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT