ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Lights in Lane Stadium

Originally posted by 1bburgfan:

A part of the ACC's 15-year, $3.6 billion contract with ESPN is that every team will play at least one Friday night (but they don't have to host a Friday night game; most still will be at Boston College or Syracuse). This will be N.C. State's first ACC game on a Friday since 1995 and only fifth since the league was formed in 1953.

N.C. State assistant athletics director Fred Demarest said the school has told the ACC it will not host a Friday night game.

"We respect high school football in this state and we value our relationship with the coaches," Demarest said

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/01/29/4514470/acc-football-schedule-for-2015.html#storylink=cpyOK Whit , tell the ACC we don't and won't host a Friday night game. I enjoyed watching your son play 8th grade football last season, his Friday nights are around the corner.
Speaking of NC State's AD, nice OOC schedule again, dude. For the 2nd straight year, they will play no OOC games against power 5 teams: Troy, Eastern Ky., @ ODU, and @ South Alabama. Wow. Way to challenge your team.

Originally posted by pckank1:

Originally posted by 1bburgfan:

A part of the ACC's 15-year, $3.6 billion contract with ESPN is that every team will play at least one Friday night (but they don't have to host a Friday night game; most still will be at Boston College or Syracuse). This will be N.C. State's first ACC game on a Friday since 1995 and only fifth since the league was formed in 1953.

N.C. State assistant athletics director Fred Demarest said the school has told the ACC it will not host a Friday night game.

"We respect high school football in this state and we value our relationship with the coaches," Demarest said

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/01/29/4514470/acc-football-schedule-for-2015.html#storylink=cpyOK Whit , tell the ACC we don't and won't host a Friday night game. I enjoyed watching your son play 8th grade football last season, his Friday nights are around the corner.
Speaking of NC State's AD, nice OOC schedule again, dude. For the 2nd straight year, they will play no OOC games against power 5 teams: Troy, Eastern Ky., @ ODU, and @ South Alabama. Wow. Way to challenge your team.
We make up for it in conference play.

I agree with post above on Giles County. Friday night at Giles is better than a Saturday in Charlottesville,

I used to work for Digital Equipment in the day and I can remember being at some clients and being told I had to finish up early on Friday. The place was closing early so everyone could go to the high school football game. The game was the social event of the week - the place to be seen and socialize.

There is a lot more of this small-town tradition than people realize. Even growing up in Newport News - high school football was a big thing on Friday night. Now they have games Thursday - Saturday at Todd Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT