ADVERTISEMENT

Fuller going Pro

Hoos19NC

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 28, 2012
Not a surprise I'm sure that Fuller has decided to go Pro. Ends an era at VT with the four brothers all playing so well and leaving a legend that would be hard to top. Good Luck to Fuller on the next step....

Not a surprise I'm sure that Fuller has decided to go Pro. Ends an era at VT with the four brothers all playing so well and leaving a legend that would be hard to top. Good Luck to Fuller on the next step....

Yeah, it's a shame, but I don't blame him. NFL careers aren't ones with a lot of longevity, so go while you can. Good luck to Kendall.

If bucky goes that would hurt more than fuller?would u guys agree. .if he stayed and if you guys have someone to throw ball he would in my opinion be an all american

We've already done without Fuller. If Hodges leaves he will be sorely missed from our O.

I think Fuller is doing the right thing myself. Best of luck to a really good guy. Bucky will be missed for certain but I'm not as sure that our new O will concentrate on the DE as much as our current one. Wish him the best of luck if he goes. Good message there Hoos.

Bucky has filed his paperwork to get a feel for where he'll get drafted....if the feedback comes that he'll be a relatively high pick obviously he's gone. I'd like to see him stick around and see what he can do in a "real" offense, but yeah....if it sounds like he's going to get drafted early then of course he'll leave. Smart work on Bucky's side.

Bucky has filed his paperwork to get a feel for where he'll get drafted....if the feedback comes that he'll be a relatively high pick obviously he's gone. I'd like to see him stick around and see what he can do in a "real" offense, but yeah....if it sounds like he's going to get drafted early then of course he'll leave. Smart work on Bucky's side.
He's a big boy, I would think he would be high on somebody's list.

Knew that was coming. Bucky also gonna leave early.
Wasting some mighty big a$$ jack if he does. At best he's a 4th rounder this year and likely not that. One NFL team lists TE as their top need and only three have one in their top 3 needs. Not a smart year for him to go imo. Another year and he's very likely the top TE in the draft, 1st round $$$.

At the same time, if he decides to leave, you have to understand. I might do the same, leave that is, 'cause it's a risk. Sure can't blame him.

Last edited:
He's a big boy, I would think he would be high on somebody's list.
Then I believe you would think wrong. He's not b/c the position (TE) is not, or at least not many and then not very high. TE is not a position of great need in the league this year. NFL lists TE as top need for only one team, and only three have one in their top 3 needs. I could see Bucky blowing up at the combine and thus changing somebody's plans, but that's the only way he goes in the top 3 rounds imo.

Then I believe you would think wrong. He's not b/c the position (TE) is not, or at least not many and then not very high. TE is not a position of great need in the league this year. NFL lists TE as top need for only one team, and only three have one in their top 3 needs. I could see Bucky blowing up at the combine and thus changing somebody's plans, but that's the only way he goes in the top 3 rounds imo.
Ok.....do you think TE will be bigger next year? I thought someone said TE doesn't play a big role Fuentes offense so maybe Bucky knows this and is looking to go early.

Ok.....do you think TE will be bigger next year? I thought someone said TE doesn't play a big role Fuentes offense so maybe Bucky knows this and is looking to go early.
Haha! He may well go, and who could blame him? But your wishful thinking is rather transparent, my friend. CJF would use the bleep out of talent like that, system or not.

Bucky plays a lot more slot than true tight end.

I heard he's already made up his mind, but I'd love for him to stay and I think he would be a huge weapon for Coach Fuego

He's a freakish athlete, I agree that he should have a great combine. Looking forward to seeing him play on Sundays.

I think the thing going for him is that TE class in this year's draft is very small. I hear the consenus #1 TE has already announced he's returning for another year, which means Bucky's probably the 3rd or 4th best TE available. Next year's class should be more competitive. While I think Bucky would significantly improve as a TE with 1 more year at VT, I don't think that necessarily translates into a higher draft position next year due to the class size dynamic.

I think the thing going for him is that TE class in this year's draft is very small. I hear the consenus #1 TE has already announced he's returning for another year, which means Bucky's probably the 3rd or 4th best TE available. Next year's class should be more competitive. While I think Bucky would significantly improve as a TE with 1 more year at VT, I don't think that necessarily translates into a higher draft position next year due to the class size dynamic.
Even in that scenario, with teams' ranking of their needs such as they are, he might not go before the 4th. I hope he changes minds at the combine and creeps up, otherwise that's a lot of $$$ lost

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT