ADVERTISEMENT

If we beat WF, we have to crack the top 25

Dumb tournament, especially giving 4 teams a Double Bye. Heck why didn't they just pick 2 teams and give bye until championship game. Would have made about as much sense.

Dumb tournament, especially giving 4 teams a Double Bye. Heck why didn't they just pick 2 teams and give bye until championship game. Would have made about as much sense.
Are you kidding....those 4 teams earned those double byes in the toughest league in college basketball.

But, a double bye still only gets you into the final 8, so the double bye teams would still need to win 3 games to win the ACC tourney. No way should the top 4 have to win 4. I think the ACC does things perfectly with double byes for the top 4, and single byes for seeds 5-9.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
The ACC is really a grinder having to play everyday. Its been said that it helps prepare teams for the NCAA's and its also been said that it wears teams down and leaves them flat for the big dance There was a time not too long ago when you had to either win the league championship or win the ACC tournament to go to the NCAA's. One of Marylands best teams ever with McMillan,Lucas and Elmore lost out to the David Thompson Clemson team in the ACC tourney and stayed home for the NCAA's.

The ACC is really a grinder having to play everyday. Its been said that it helps prepare teams for the NCAA's and its also been said that it wears teams down and leaves them flat for the big dance There was a time not too long ago when you had to either win the league championship or win the ACC tournament to go to the NCAA's. One of Marylands best teams ever with McMillan,Lucas and Elmore lost out to the David Thompson Clemson team in the ACC tourney and stayed home for the NCAA's.

David Thompson played for NC State, not Clemson.

When post season starts, in my opinion no one should get a bye. It should be a level court. Biggest problem in ACC is there are too many teams. Kick Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse and ND out.

You're right, NC State. What a talent he was at the college level but don't remember him doing much as a pro.

David Thompson played for NC State, not Clemson.

When post season starts, in my opinion no one should get a bye. It should be a level court. Biggest problem in ACC is there are too many teams. Kick Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse and ND out.
Why would you kick 4 Basketball teams out of a Basketball conference.....

No. Clemson played a little over their heads today while at same time Duke did not bring their A game.

VT really stepped up tonight, especially LeDay. I think in the second half Wake started to run out of gas some, especially Collins. Thank goodness they played yesterday. Wake should get in the Dance and, with the right seeding, could win a few games, they're talented beyond their record.

We have a tough, tough game next.

Good win guys....I believe you were a lock before the game but winning at this point could help your NCAA tournament seeding. I hope Wake gets in, I like Manning and the job he has done with the Deacons.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
With Louiseville losing to Duke I believe all Big East and AAC teams have been eliminated from tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT