ADVERTISEMENT

Somehow or another, our secondary ain't worth a darn...

hokiemtc

Hokie Hall of Fame
Mar 29, 2002
...and hasn't been worth a darn all year. What happened to this group? They don't cover anyone, they don't look back for the ball and they are just as likely to get a penalty as they are to actually break up a pass. This unit has been killing our defense so far this year.

Just told my wife the same thing.....what has happened with the DB's? They are letting a kid with a weak arm make them look bad.

Such a pitiful game for VT all way around after 1st 2 series of game they have looked pitiful!

Beamer said we had one corner who was getting picked on. No shit, after giving up yet another long TD.

If he's THAT bad in coverage (which I've noticed before), then get him out of there. If he's in way over his head from an ability standpoint, then that's fine...just get him out of there. He's single-handidly wrecking the defense in this game. ECU is throwing right at him on nearly every drop back pass, and he hasn't defended one yet.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
At least the offense quit with all of the QB draws, which was the only play Stiney...errr, Loeffler called in the 2nd qtr. The offense can move the ball on this defense as they just showed when they open it up a little bit. The offense is going to have to get it done today if we're going to win this game.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
This isnt VT football. This ECU team is terrible. For Gods sake they barely beat Towson and lost to Navy by 20 pts last week! WTH is up with the playcalling in this game? I swear I think these games are rigged sometimes, how in the hell do you explain going away from whats working and doing dumb shit that kills momentum? This game should be 49-0 right now. ECU shouldnt even be in this thing, yet they lead in the 4th.

THIS IS VIRGINIA TECH FOOTBALL. GET USED TO IT AND DEAL WITH IT. Until Beamer retires we are going to suck. No getting around it. Beamer has got to go.

Great drive there by the offense. Motley now has over 300 yds of total offense.

And God's Gift drops a perfectly thrown wide open pass to end the game. That's fitting, somehow.

And God's Gift drops a perfectly thrown wide open pass to end the game. That's fitting, somehow.
Hodges needs to have that tat removed and replaced with 'Fumbling Dumbass;

One of worst games I've seen VT play since Bill Dooley days & also worst officiating. These refs should not be allowed to call a pee wee FB game!!! Total BS!!!

This is why I don't really watch anymore. Football is an emotional investment, and VT is giving absolutely no returns right now. And I think it's foolhardy to expect Beamer's retirement to be a fix-all. IIWII really.

Also, I'm glad we burned Lawson's redshirt to (apparently) just use him to run a draw or out of the wildcat once or twice a game. Great strategy, coaches. Brilliant as always.

The offense was pretty decent in this game. Despite playing in a monsoon, they put up 439 total yds and 28 points. Motley ended up with 366 total yds by himself. That should've been good enough to win in very tough conditions.

But WTF is going on with this defense? This is the worst VT defense I've seen since...well, when? And why do we continue to roll the same guy out every week to shank FGs? How many FGs does this guy need to miss before one of our genius coaches finally figures out he can't kick?

We need to take the VT logo off our helmets and put WTF on there instead. At least then everyone would know who they were watching.

Last edited:
The offense was pretty decent in this game. Despite playing in a monsoon, they put up 439 total yds and 28 points. Motley ended up with 366 total yds by himself. That should've been good enough to win in very tough conditions.

But WTF is going on with this defense? This is the worst VT defense I've seen since...well, when? And why do we continue to roll the same guy out every week to shank FGs? How many FGs does this guy need to miss before one of our genius coaches finally figures out he can't kick?

We need to take the VT logo off and helmets and put WTF on there instead. At least then everyone would know who they were watching.

I dunno, man, the 2010 defense was similar in overall ranking (efficiency, TFL and 3rd down were all good, however), but we had a phenomenal offense. Also, through 3-4 games in 2012 I'm pretty sure our defense was ranked around 70 or so but I could be wrong. This isn't THAT unusual for a Foster defense. We often bumble through the first 3-4 games before Foster makes personnel adjustment. Whatever the end result, though, he's been a lousy coach this year -- even with personnel limitations.

Also, move Trey Edmunds to LB already. He is not an FBS running back and can't be any worse at LB than the ones we have now who look like they're trying to make tackles wearing strait jackets.

Last edited:
Agree w the wtf

We need to take the VT logo off and helmets and put WTF on there instead. At least then everyone would know who they were watching.

Agree w the wtf, but motley running ball up the middle x# too many times and not using McMillan/Edmunds for all of the 1.9 per carry runs that Coleman had... Sad offensive scheme today & yes Defense sucked too.

They don't cover anyone, they don't look back for the ball and they are just as likely to get a penalty as they are to actually break up a pass. This unit has been killing our defense so far this year.

Believe it or not, they are trained not to look back for the ball if they have the wr pinned to the boundary, and then to read the wr's body movement and aggressively hi-five his hands when he goes for the ball.

I believe it, and that might work if coverage is good and tight...but the secondary this year is just beat, so the penalty bailouts are just making things worse.

Our offense did some good things but they were far form what they should have been. They scored two touchdowns on turnovers deep in ECU terr. in about 4 minutes. They had the ball a lot and only managed to score two times in 56 minutes (including twice in the 4'th quarter when down by 7).
The managing of the RB's was almost unforgivable. The continued running of our only QB was just plain stupid. Hell if thats what they wanted to do they should have sent Lawson in.
Our D stunk. The DT's were ok but after that it was sick.
The refs made certain we would not win (doubt that we would have anyway).

I've never laughed so hard.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT