ADVERTISEMENT

Today: UVA spring "practice" attendance 5-7k. VT 45k

You care way too much, lol! Hopefully he brings that much intensity.
Some intensity is good, and I agree with Hoos that UVa could definitely get a little chippier when they hit they field.

But there's also a line there, and you don't want Bronco crossing it often enough that the entire school gets branded for it. That kind of branding will be around long after Bronco is gone, and it's not cool. Don't believe me? When I say 1990's Miami Hurricanes football, what's the very first thing that comes to mind?

Getting branded also makes you a target from other teams. As correctly pointed out above, Marcus was branded and became a target, and the circus surrounding him grew to the point that it was a major distraction for the entire program. Most teams can't reach their goals when there's that much distraction surrounding them. Bowden's 'Noles pulled it off once (as well as those old 'Canes teams), but VT nor UVa either one has that kind of talent, and/or there are no Cam Newtons on the roster for either team.

Every time UVA takes the field, I ask "why did some of those players sign with boo hoos".

The good ones could have gone to a much better program in ACC or SEC. and get to go to bowl games. Instead they go play for a loser and never go bowling, other than maybe the Charlottesville Bowling Ally.

I thought that UVA was a dirty team before Mendenhall got there. I do think if they continue to play dirty, there will be more flags than he got at BYU. I would like to see a lot of boo Hoos get ejected also.
Drunk again I see.....

At least we have a bowling alley. Are they still lighting the street lamps in Blacksburg with a candle?Someone told me they were getting electricity there soon. Anyway, I hope we do get chipper and carry a big stick on our shoulder. It'll be about time that's for sure.

Every time UVA takes the field, I ask "why did some of those players sign with boo hoos".

The good ones could have gone to a much better program in ACC or SEC. and get to go to bowl games. Instead they go play for a loser and never go bowling, other than maybe the Charlottesville Bowling Ally.
Probably because the other programs didn't really want them. So they had no choice. No other reason why you wouldn't go be a hokie to play for a national power. My god the prestige!

Probably because the other programs didn't really want them. So they had no choice. No other reason why you wouldn't go be a hokie to play for a national power. My god the prestige!
Maybe they go to VT for all the National Championships they will witness during their 6 years in college.

Reactions: 1TexCav
El Paso, Annapolis, and Shreveport are not exactly December garden spots on the planet. That's the locations of VT's last three bowl appearences. But your right, they are away from home during Christmas season while we are sitting on a beach somewhere on island enjoying the warm weather and scenery walking by. Yep, I'll give you guys that. Let me see, El Paso in late December or St. John's Island??? I know where I would spend my time. I'll also admit that I'll be happy when Bronco has UVA back in the bowl mix. I'm hoping for bowls in Florida or California.

El Paso, Annapolis, and Shreveport are not exactly December garden spots on the planet. That's the locations of VT's last three bowl appearences. But your right, they are away from home during Christmas season while we are sitting on a beach somewhere on island enjoying the warm weather and scenery walking by. Yep, I'll give you guys that. Let me see, El Paso in late December or St. John's Island??? I know where I would spend my time. I'll also admit that I'll be happy when Bronco has UVA back in the bowl mix. I'm hoping for bowls in Florida or California.

You realize program success, not individual travel, is the football team's goal, right? I mean... St. John's is a fine place and all, but discussion thereof belongs on a travel message board. You're also basically saying our three last worst years are better than any recent best year from UVA's hapless program. Our down years would define wild success at UVA. 'Nuff said. ;o)

You realize program success, not individual travel, is the football team's goal, right? I mean... St. John's is a fine place and all, but discussion thereof belongs on a travel message board. You're also basically saying our three last worst years are better than any recent best year from UVA's hapless program. Our down years would define wild success at UVA. 'Nuff said. ;o)
I agree a bad bowl beats no bowl....but Shreveport and El Paso shouldn't even have a bowl game. Both places suck...

"Those grapes are probably bitter, anyway," said the fox as he walked away.
I laughed....it would be nice to see Hoos go to any bowl but I can guarantee you I would not attend if in El Paso or Shreveport. I also wouldn't go to Boise just because the blue turf is ridiculous.

El Paso and Shreveport are not bad venues. I lived in El Paso for about 3 months, back in the day. I went to bowl games in Shreveport and at naval Academy. Rest assured, all these venues are better than Mr. Jefferson's hometown any time of the year.

Reactions: VTHokie1001K
El Paso and Shreveport are not bad venues. I lived in El Paso for about 3 months, back in the day. I went to bowl games in Shreveport and at naval Academy. Rest assured, all these venues are better than Mr. Jefferson's hometown any time of the year.
El Paso's great if you are into running drugs.....Shreveport's great if you want to be on Swamp People.

HR, this is the funniest post you have ever made. I have to admit that you are one of the most entertaining posters I have ever read. Have you ever been to Charlottesville ?

HR, this is the funniest post you have ever made. I have to admit that you are one of the most entertaining posters I have ever read. Have you ever been to Charlottesville ?
Yes he has.....he is a closet UVA Baseball fan!!!

From Huntsville north Alabama is acceptable,not great. The rest of the state is pretty bad . Good career possibilities for an experienced bag man imo. .
El Paso used to be a lot better than it is now. Stay out of Rosie's Cantena.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
From Huntsville north Alabama is acceptable,not great. The rest of the state is pretty bad . Good career possibilities for an experienced bag man imo. .
El Paso used to be a lot better than it is now. Stay out of Rosie's Cantena.
Rosie's Cantina - priceless!

75 percent of football teams make it to a bowl game. The qualification is for you not to suck . Tech was 1-1 against UVA in bball last year. It's not like we are 0-12 . What are UVA fans doing trolling on our board?

I love Alabama, but I am not that crazy about Northern Alabama. (too close to Tennessee). Best part of Bama is from I-20 south.

75 percent of football teams make it to a bowl game. The qualification is for you not to suck . Tech was 1-1 against UVA in bball last year. It's not like we are 0-12 . What are UVA fans doing trolling on our board?
It's actually 62.5% make bowls....so you lost it with your first stat. Care to tell us what % of Basketball teams make the NCAA tournament.....don't forget to leave your boys out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT