ADVERTISEMENT

UVA won't make it to the final 4

SunnyBeachWave

Global Elite-Illuminatist
Gold Member
May 8, 2013
Write it down. Not nearly as good now that teams have got the season under their belts. It appears the upper echelon teams got better at a higher rate as the season progressed.

But they were pretty awesome before the big timers got their ducks in a row.

They won't get out of the first bracket.......heading down hill fast ! Shucks , nothing better than a down hill Hoo....

Waiting for our resident Hoo to come on and tell you guys that you shouldn't talk trash on UVA because our bball sucks balls.

Maybe the most overhyped and over rated team in history of college basketball. Oh sure they won some games, but they were lucky many times thru out course of season. I read this morning they may no longer get a #1 seed after losing 2 of final 3 games. Be nice if they are one and done in NCAA tournament.

March madness is all about playing defense and UVA knows how to play defense. They may or may not make the final 4, but they will be fine. They should have more wins in the tourney than we won all year in ACC.

Looks like you boys have been lurking in the woods waiting for UVA to lose, LOL. I really believe the injury to Justin has thrown this team out of sync, hopefully they can find their mojo again. But I also realize we lost to 3 ranked teams and not the bottom of the conference. I feel sure we will be a 1 seed after Duke went down last night but still don't know how far they will go......I do believe the top of the ACC is as good as any conference and would bet huge money Kentucky wouldn't be undefeated if they had played in our conference and not the weakest of the power 5.......Go Hoos!!!!!

I'm glad they lost and will be glad when they lose in the NCAA tournament. The last thing I want to hear is them bragging about is a national championship that actually means something. Women's soccer, golf, baseball, etc. don't bother me, they can have 50 of those and I wouldn't care. But I didn't see anything in the way they lost to UNC that makes me think that basketball team isn't capable of reaching the final 4. It took a mammoth effort by UNC to fight them off at the end. If and when they do go down it will take a heck of an effort by the team that beats them. Their offensive efficiency seems to go off the charts in the last 10 minutes of just about every one of their games I have watched and it wasn't any different against UNC.

You guys may be right but I believe that their team has excellent control and will do well in the playoffs. UNC beat them this time but they wont do it again even of they meet in the tournament.

I was gonna start a thread about Hoo BB when I saw this one.

I ain't a Hoo hater, just a Hokie lover. Me thinks now that Anderson is back and getting his self back in form, they will do very well in the turny. At least to the 8. As it has been said, D is a constant that wins and the French play good D.

Originally posted by mrjolly01:

I'm glad they lost and will be glad when they lose in the NCAA tournament. The last thing I want to hear is them bragging about is a national championship that actually means something. Women's soccer, golf, baseball, etc. don't bother me, they can have 50 of those and I wouldn't care. But I didn't see anything in the way they lost to UNC that makes me think that basketball team isn't capable of reaching the final 4. It took a mammoth effort by UNC to fight them off at the end. If and when they do go down it will take a heck of an effort by the team that beats them. Their offensive efficiency seems to go off the charts in the last 10 minutes of just about every one of their games I have watched and it wasn't any different against UNC.
I had no idea their best guy had been out and was just now coming back but my uncle told me this last night. In light of this, I retract my statement about them making the final 4.

I'm just really happy today, UNC lost the acccg. But I feel so dirty having to pull for ND.

Originally posted by SunnyBeachWave:

I had no idea their best guy had been out and was just now coming back but my uncle told me this last night. In light of this, I retract my statement about them making the final 4.

I'm just really happy today, UNC lost the acccg. But I feel so dirty having to pull for ND.
A very good post.

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
Looks like you boys have been lurking in the woods waiting for UVA to lose, LOL. I really believe the injury to Justin has thrown this team out of sync, hopefully they can find their mojo again. But I also realize we lost to 3 ranked teams and not the bottom of the conference. I feel sure we will be a 1 seed after Duke went down last night but still don't know how far they will go......I do believe the top of the ACC is as good as any conference and would bet huge money Kentucky wouldn't be undefeated if they had played in our conference and not the weakest of the power 5.......Go Hoos!!!!!
UVA went 29-3, losing to 2 ACC teams that Kentucky beat. Your 3rd loss was to Duke on your home court where you didnt handle your business. Yeah, Kentucky would be lucky to be above 500, surely they are a product of a weak conference....your college basketball knowledge continues to impress...
rolleyes.r191677.gif
34-0 and not done!

If I see another photo on Justin Anderson in the paper, I will cancel my subscription. I had never heard of him until he got hurt, now he has replaced Michael Jordan and the best player of all time.

You need to watch some basketball.....Justin was a strong candidate for All American honors before his injury. Once again, you post about something you know nothing about.

I admit I have not seen UVA play all season. I also admit I will not watch them play for remainder of season. With college baseball and softball season going on, who has time for basketball ?
I have watched one half of one game on TV all season. I watched half of Duke-UNC game.

Originally posted by leeanderthal:

Originally posted by SunnyBeachWave:

A very good post.
I didn't watch it. I hate that ND is in the ACC.

Notre Dame does not belong in the ACC. Years ago the NCAA should have forced ND to join Big 10, or drop out of NCAA. But no, the NCAA gave favors to ND that they did not give to any of the other 300+ D1 schools. There were 2 sets of rules, one for ND and one for everyone else.
ND is a disgrace to college sports in every sport.

At this writing, Meechigin State is taking it to da French.

UVA's style is killing them in this game although it worked during the season.

So far, its been a great boo Hoo Day...and all the little boo hoos went boo hooo boohoo booohoooo in hooville.

Means a lot coming from the 4 year celler dwellers......get a basketball team and get back to me.

Okay, we'll get back to you next season. In the meantime you get to join the rest of us spectators.

Originally posted by BigDaddyHokie:
At this writing, Meechigin State is taking it to da French.

UVA's style is killing them in this game although it worked during the season.
You mean fouling?

I am a spectator at this point and pulling for anyone but Sleezy Calipari and his hired guns......

The lack of shooters / scorers finally caught up with them.

Playing lights out defense is a lost art (for anyone not named Wisconsin), but at some point in time, you're still going to need to hit a big shot or two to advance. UVa doesn't really have anyone on their roster who fits that role.

I am a spectator at this point and pulling for anyone but Sleezy Calipari and his hired guns......
Should UK go down, this is anybodys tournament....except UVAs.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Show of hands....if it were known before the tourney even started that every ACC team in the field except for one would make the Sweet 16, how many here would've guessed the only team not to make it would be UVa?

This post was edited on 3/22 11:15 PM by hokiemtc

When I seen Michigan State as their possible second game I figured UVA was in trouble. Sparty could struggle all season but come tourney time Izzo has his guys ready to go.

Originally posted by VT/UK Rondo:
Should UK go down, this is anybodys tournament....except UVAs.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
I watched WVU/Md today. WVU's bball team might be dirtier than their fans. THey might take two or three of UK's finest.

I would love to see Duke, UNC, NC State and WVA in Final 4. That would be best Final 4 considering the 16 teams left.
This post was edited on 3/23 9:29 AM by Hampton Roads 6

As much as I dislike the favoritism ND gets in football, it would be good for the ACC (and by extension VT) if ND beats WVU.

From ESPN:

The ACC, which splits its units equally among conference members, has a chance to reach 26 units in this tournament based on how the bracket breaks down. That would result in the ACC being the first conference to earn more than $30 million off one tournament, and it would even surpass $40 million.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2015/story/_/id/12543543/acc-make-28-million-ncaa-tournament-success

Originally posted by VA4VT:
As much as I dislike the favoritism ND gets in football, it would be good for the ACC (and by extension VT) if ND beats WVU.

From ESPN:

The ACC, which splits its units equally among conference members, has a chance to reach 26 units in this tournament based on how the bracket breaks down. That would result in the ACC being the first conference to earn more than $30 million off one tournament, and it would even surpass $40 million.

https://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2015/story/_/id/12543543/acc-make-28-million-ncaa-tournament-success
I'm no fan of ND at all but....... I would love to see % ACC teams in the elite 8. I'm satisfied with NC States season. A 2 and sweet 16 for Gottfried is just what we were after in changing coaches. However it would really be sweet to win another game.

It would be good for ACC if Duke, UNC and NC ST. continue to advance thru tournament. These are the schools to carry the basketball banner for ACC.

Hard for me to use the term ACC and that school in Indiana in same sentence.

Duke should with no trouble. UNC and NC State have shown to be inconsistent at times and have a couple of what the heck losses. Right now both seem to be playing well. I like Marcus Paige he can flat out shoot the ball as good as anyone I have ever watched in ACC play. He just needs the others around him to be consistent. If State can continue the defensive pressure and avoid getting in early foul trouble I believe we can beat Louisville again. Getting in the Elite 8 for me would be a great accomplishment. They say State fans have insane expectations but honestly a good game against Louisville is all I want. If we lose a close game it will not bug me much at all. I don't want another game like we played with Duke in the ACC tourney. Been a fun season and like Football it seems to end way too soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT