ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech vs Carolina

backstreetheel

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2001
Looking forward to a return trip to Blacksburg. Had a great experience talking with VT fans last time we played there before & after the game. Even though the game ended badly for us it was a great college football experience.

With this being Coach Beamer's last home game and Carolina trying to clinch an undisputed ACC Coastal crown the stakes are high and so will be emotions.

I look for an exciting game.

Tell me about your team Hokies. The only game I have caught this year was VT/OSU and I doubt that is a good representation of your team.

Tell me about your team Hokies. The only game I have caught this year was VT/OSU and I doubt that is a good representation of your team.
Well, to begin with, we don't cheat.
Athletes have to take real classes.
It's tougher to keep kids eligible; recruits know that.
It's been true at Virginia Tech for the last 30 years.
So, our talent level may be down... relative to some.
UNC_Cheats_Internet_Patrol.gif

I believe UNCheat wins this one...I guess cheating pays off, at least in the short term. Good news is the Tarholes will end up vacating this win and many more when the NCAA finally grows a pair and bitch slaps these cheating bastards. I just hope Clemson takes them behind the wood shed in the ACC Championship game.....

Reactions: Salemite
I believe UNCheat wins this one...I guess cheating pays off, at least in the short term. Good news is the Tarholes will end up vacating this win and many more when the NCAA finally grows a pair and bitch slaps these cheating bastards. I just hope Clemson takes them behind the wood shed in the ACC Championship game.....
j3iGKfXRKlLqw.gif

If there is justice, they will get the death penalty. They won't, of course.
They should also be forced to make $$$ reparations.
They stole and are stealing millions from other universities AND their own [student] athletes.
UNC is one sorry sack of $#*+dust. Carolina way my ass.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
I am sure those Residential Property management and spatial relations classes are tough.

If you are going to run your traps, at least get the facts right. The AFAM classes ended in 2009. None of these kids have taken any of the classes in question.

I hope the Heels roll it up on 'ol Frankie. He has been the worst of the negative recruiters. Just ask Marquise Williams the absolute lies he was told.

If Carolina plays their B game they still win. Only way they lose is if they beat themselves.

Last edited:
He was told Carolina was going to get blasted by the NCAA and that he would never play in a bowl game. He was also told that he would never play QB at UNC. That we were going to sign him as a QB and move him to TE when he got there- amongst other things.

Frank was pissed when Davis started getting good players from VA and he made up stories to shut it down. I actually heard a VT coach at a speaking engagement say that the reason UNC and Miami were beating them for recruits was that they were paying them.

However, I tell a lot of lies.

Frank was pissed when Davis started getting good players from VA and he made up stories to shut it down. I actually heard a VT coach at a speaking engagement say that the reason UNC and Miami were beating them for recruits was that they were paying them.

Curtis Grant's mother told me that Frank Beamer never said anything good about VT. He spent all the time talking about how bad everybody else Curtis considered was.
Seems legit

Anyways, back to football. UNC wins by two scores.

Reactions: Tru Blu Tar Heel
He was told Carolina was going to get blasted by the NCAA and that he would never play in a bowl game. He was also told that he would never play QB at UNC. That we were going to sign him as a QB and move him to TE when he got there- amongst other things.

Curtis Grant's mother told me that Frank Beamer never said anything good about VT. He spent all the time talking about how bad everybody else Curtis considered was.

Complete bullshit

Alrighty then, I'll check all of these out. You do know that Frank Beamer hasn't been an active part of the recruiting process at VT for quite some time now, right? Funny how he made special exceptions to take trips to talk to these jilted recruits you know (plus their parents) when there are very few VT players who spent any time with Frank at all during their recruiting processes.

I'll give this due diligence, but my BS meter is pretty well pegged right now.

And, by the way, even if Frank was saying all that stuff (UNC and Miami paying for recruits, UNC would get blasted by the NCAA)...damn, dude, that stuff is true. If you don't want to be talked about like that, then quit being a screw up university. You come on here and post that Frank told these guys a bunch of lies...OK, what lies? I sure didn't see a bunch of lies in anything you posted.

Last edited:
Sorry folks want to get frisky with your post Heel. If we can keep your QB guessing and get him to throw some picks, we may have a chance. We also need to contain him when he runs the ball. A tall order but not impossible.

The AFAM classes ended in 2009. None of these kids have taken any of the classes in question.
And we have your word on the end of cheating?
That's just precious.:rolleyes:

IF MW said that, then he is a lying sack.
He played our guys like a fiddle.
I hope we put a Steffy on him. Look it up.

You recruited the kids there NOW based on decades of phony reputation.
That was built on an academic and athletic crime spree the cost of which is incalculable.
You screwed other universities, coaches and kids (not to mention d!c#ing your own kids) out of countless opportunity.

pos school and everyone who defends them is shameless

Do tell. I'm good friends with several people who know Marquise personally, so it will be easy for me to verify.
6 degrees of Marquise Williams? If you're so connected - ask him (or your people who know MW) and he will share. Dude is down to earth. Extremely nice young man.

I'll be in Lane...
I too look forward to visiting Lane for the first time. I know most fans will be cordial and not like some of the booger eaters you find on message boards.

If I had to characterize your fanbase, I think you guys are just as cocky as the delusional Miami fan base, but with a semblance of character and not the thug/swag of UM. I guess I'd nestle VA Tech fans right in between UM and NC State fans. At least what I read on the boards leads me to this broad stroke. Anyhow, we can still be friends right?

Helping a Hokie at the ACC CG in Charlotte...
I made "friends" with a hokie fan at the ACC championship in Charlotte a few years back. I was there because my wife was a fussin and I had nothing better to do - and I lived 10 mins from BofA.

I was wearing my UNC hat and the single ticket I bought on the street happened to be near the FSU band and mostly students. Well, this hokie wearing his David Wilson jersey was sitting near me - also by himself. I was Switzerland, he was little old Poland and Germany surrounded us both. He was cheering loud as he could, nothing disrespectful, just cheering for his team.

On multiple occasions, some FSU guys tried to intimidate him to leave. I whispered to him I'd give him a heads up if they were actually making a move on him. Then some drunk coeds start letting him have it verbally, which was entertaining. Finally, an FSU guy gets next to him - in between him and the chics - and starts talking to him. It was a setup, the chic throws a haymaker around the guys head and knocked the dudes teeth out. Blood just steamed down that nice white VA Tech jersey. I felt so bad for the dude because he couldn't fight back (they were girls), he was in enemy territory AND he had to look for his teeth on the BofA concrete floor.

The perpetrators of the crime were quickly swallowed back into the crowd and sort of disappeared for a while. However, when I finally saw them again sitting about 20-30 yards away in new section, I had to help a brother out. I risked my safety to alert the authorities of the location of the young blonde who needed to spend a night in jail. Needless to say, the FSU students didn't appreciate my "good samaritan" gesture for my Va Tech "friend". The cops were nice enough to move my seats from the endzone away from all that fun, to a nice 50 yard line seat.

I don't care if you are a "Hokie" fan or not, no one deserves to get their teeth knocked out by a girl. I gave the dude my contact info in case he needed my testimony in court - but I never heard anything from him.

This is a TRUE story. I'll be looking for the guy at Lane this Saturday, he should have a blood stained #4 jersey and is missing his two front teeth.

6 degrees of Marquise Williams? If you're so connected - ask him (or your people who know MW) and he will share. Dude is down to earth. Extremely nice young man.

I never got a chance to meet him in person, but I sit with parents of his old teammates (plus one of his old trainers) at Mallard Creek games and they know him well. I've heard he's a class act, and the few TV interviews I've seen of him, he seems like he has a pretty good sense of humor as well. He also returns to Mallard Creek whenever he can to stand on the sidelines and root for his old team in big games, which I think is pretty cool. Maybe I'll see him at Providence this week.

If I had to characterize your fanbase, I think you guys are just as cocky as the delusional Miami fan base, but with a semblance of character and not the thug/swag of UM. I guess I'd nestle VA Tech fans right in between UM and NC State fans. At least what I read on the boards leads me to this broad stroke. Anyhow, we can still be friends right?

In fairness to most of us, if you go back and take a count of who's posting what, you'll find that there's only a few true Heel Haters in this crowd.

UNC has 21 Charlotte kids on the roster this season (including one of my Butler boys), most of whom I've been watching play since they were JV kids (and even a few back when they were in middle school), so I have a strong rooting interest for the football team...just not for the university and the total lack of ethics it stands for. I have no problem separating the two entities, but not everyone is like that.

I got to watch him play HS ball when I lived in Charlotte - I knew UNC was recruiting him and Butch would likely ink him. I don't remember him running as much as he does these days. I've also been fortunate enough to meet MW briefly at a Spring Game event. He was awesome with kids. You can hear the character of the man in his interviews. He's one of the good guys. Much like Gio Bernard. I know both are guys that must be hard to "dislike" for opposing fans.

I wanted to "hate" Russell Wilson, but whenever I heard him speak, you could tell he was just an overall good kid. I'm sure folks found Gio and now find MW the same way.

And Russell Wilson did turn it around and got out of Raleigh after all, he was too good for that place. Hahaha.

He actually had a little bit of a bad rap when he was still in high school, although it was only partially his fault. There was something about still being a game late in the 4th qtr and throwing TD bombs while up by 60 points that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way for some reason. Go figure. It wasn't William's fault that he was still in the game and that there were still deep balls being called...but he didn't have to hit all those passes, either.

I actually like him a lot more now than I did when he was in high school. He didn't show very good sportsmanship back then.

Not gonna lie, would like to see him in the game up 60 in Blacksburg haha! Then take him out in the 4th Qtr. I joke, but that's near reality in the last 2 games!

It might be near reality this week, too. VT's pass defense has been a HUGE letdown ever since we lost Fuller for the year. At times this season it's been shockingly bad, which none of us expected given how highly ranked the secondary was last season.

If you are going to run your traps, at least get the facts right. The AFAM classes ended in 2009. None of these kids have taken any of the classes in question.

LOL...your boys were still cheating after 2009. And it wasn't just AFAM. About 4 or 5 other departments have now been identified. But even when your guys get caught, nothing happens to them and they still play on Saturday. Here is an oldie from 2012...

Highsmith_1.png

Packed.. your moniker suits you. My head is packed so far up my ass I wouldn't know the truth if it hit me in the jaw. But if any program should be aware of how NCAA violations work it's definitely us...lol

Looking at tickets on Stub Hub and sec 37 row 5P seems to be most reasonable right now. I'll be attending with my 73 year old father. Is that section difficult to get to? Is it a long way from the entry portal?

These prices are ridiculous btw! They were normal before beamer announced he was retiring, wish I'd bought then!

Packed.. your moniker suits you. My head is packed so far up my ass I wouldn't know the truth if it hit me in the jaw. But if any program should be aware of how NCAA violations work it's definitely us...lol

Still can't admit that your school committed academic fraud for decades can you scout. Giving out degrees to kids that can barely read. And to help game the system, you determine over half your players to be LD so that they can get extra help and time on tests...and they can have classes like musical key boarding take the place of required freshman math. Maybe you should take your head out of your ass and actually read the findings from Wainstein and SACS. But I doubt you will.

Still can't admit that your school committed academic fraud for decades can you scout. Giving out degrees to kids that can barely read. And to help game the system, you determine over half your players to be LD so that they can get extra help and time on tests...and they can have classes like musical key boarding take the place of required freshman math. Maybe you should take your head out of your ass and actually read the findings from Wainstein and SACS. But I doubt you will.
Maybe you shouldn't cast stones in a glass house. I guess you forgot about norm sloan getting your program put on probation or the saint valvano n probation. And for your kids that cant read? Chris washburn really you want to talk about other schools with a high and mighty tone. We definitely had our issues but we hid behind it. Maybe after the ncaa rules and we dont get the penalties that u and so many others think we will get you will blow a gasket and it will remove my head out of my ass but not likely because I'm a tarhole huh?

Looking at tickets on Stub Hub and sec 37 row 5P seems to be most reasonable right now. I'll be attending with my 73 year old father. Is that section difficult to get to? Is it a long way from the entry portal?
Here's a 3D map...

http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/virginia_tech/football/#/p_37_4/

You guys are going to be WAAAAY up in the nose bleeds if you get those tickets, so someone here will have to give you some elevator info. They didn't install the elevators until after I left the state and wasn't a season ticket holder anymore (sorry), so I've never seen them.

Holes finally seem to be coming around and dealing with the impending destruction. They're really going to be pissed off when they hear the latest from inside their ranks. haha

Holes finally seem to be coming around and dealing with the impending destruction. They're really going to be pissed off when they hear the latest from inside their ranks. haha

Yep Sunny...it is going to be an epic meltdown for these tarholes that invade your board. The largest academic/athletic scandal in the history of the NCAA and they think they're gonna skate. And to think the NCAA is your least worry. Let us not forget SACS...

"It's a big deal," said Dr. Belle Whelan, SACS president. "This issue was bigger than anything with which we’ve ever dealt, and it went on for longer than anything else. This is the first one I can recall in the 10 years I’ve been here that we put an institution on probation for academic fraud or academic integrity."

FWIH...In June, SACS will extend UNC's probation for one more year due to UNC not yet having their house in order and not being truthful. That would start the real clock...'cause there is no further extension after that. Only stripping of accreditation.

Hmmmm...I wonder if SACS findings which resulted in them slapping probation on UNC will carry any weight with the NCAA?

The Korny Ass Wolfpack and the Sorry Ass Chokies can only talk about what sanctions we "WON'T" get, instead of talking about football.
Please don't give VT and NCSU all the credit....the Hoos and every other academic institution hates what the Tarholes stand for. Your school has become a joke and all you blue blood sheep herders act like your school is still respected by all, now that's a joke.

Reactions: rc79
Why is VT trying to hire a UNCheat football coach(Fedora)?
He wasn't there during the cheating and it appears to be the other way around as for who's seeking out who. This is a prestigious position.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT