ADVERTISEMENT

VT UNC Game thread

RB4

Freshman
Mar 7, 2004
Getting closer to game time and I am a bit nervous I really hate that these kids are playing in these conditions.. I will probably watch the NC st ND game to see how it will affect them. I see weather causing us trouble, but it will for them as well.. Making 2-3 big plays may be the difference in the game.

Winner will be the team that can run the ball.....special teams could play a big role.

Sat thru the whole game. All I can say is the better team won yesterday

Met and talked to quite a few Hokie fans before and after the game

FSU did us both a favor with the win over Miami

You guys are in the driver's seat, but its still a long way till the end of the season

Best of luck, you guys certainly dominated the game

Thanks, backstreet. You saw the stats I posted before the game suggesting that this game would be one sided, but I'd still like to see how it would've went down on a dry track. It might not have made much of a difference at all (except the scores for both teams being 2-3 TDs higher)...but then again, who knows... As it was, you play what cards you're dealt, and VT did a pretty decent job taking advantage of whatever table scraps they could get their hands on. Like Fuente said in his presser, this wasn't going to be a pretty game no matter what.

Miami's defense is pretty good, but their offense is a dumpster fire right now (only scored 21 vs GT, and only had 2 TDs last night against the worst Power 5 defense in all of football), so I don't really figure that we needed FSU's help in any way. I'm not sure UNC needs their help, either. Miami has real problems right now. I think UNC is in good shape for next week as long as Trubisky can forget about last week and move on. I hope we didn't kill his confidence too much, since so much of it was weather related and was beyond anyone's control.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT