ADVERTISEMENT

Wheels coming off Hoo's bandwagon

hokieinc-ville

New Recruit
Jul 17, 2009
The Hoo's fans were debating which bowl game they wanted to go to before the BC Game on Saturday.
Seriously. I'm afraid if they won't don't beat Pitt this week, they really won't need to worry about it.

The Hoo's fans were debating which bowl game they wanted to go to before the BC Game on Saturday.
Seriously. I'm afraid if they won't don't beat Pitt this week, they really won't need to worry about it.
LOL....a lot of games left to be played. They have already exceeded expectations so it’s all gravey now.

They do not deserve a bowl game, especially those players to rejected VT to sign with UVA.

When NCAA and FBI gets done with the basketball scandal, they might ought to look into those 7 on 7 football camps down east, if you know what I mean. Why would a good player go to one of worst teams in America ?

They do not deserve a bowl game, especially those players to rejected VT to sign with UVA.

When NCAA and FBI gets done with the basketball scandal, they might ought to look into those 7 on 7 football camps down east, if you know what I mean. Why would a good player go to one of worst teams in America ?

The local paper says the solution to cure the Hoo's problems is to build a new $60 mil. football center for coaches offices and whatnot. There's no mention of recruiting players that can make tackles or complete passes. Next year they lose their 2 studs on defense, their only quarterback, and their two best o-linemen.
They'd better hope that new building gets built pretty quick.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
The local paper says the solution to cure the Hoo's problems is to build a new $60 mil. football center for coaches offices and whatnot. There's no mention of recruiting players that can make tackles or complete passes. Next year they lose their 2 studs on defense, their only quarterback, and their two best o-linemen.
They'd better hope that new building gets built pretty quick.
I predict you will see a QB graduate transfer.

Hoos19, I agree with you on that . Heck , over half the team will probably be graduate transfers.

I have long maintained that NCAA needs to crack down on transfers, both in football and basketball. There are too many. a player should be granted a transfer on a case by case basis.

Hoos19, I agree with you on that . Heck , over half the team will probably be graduate transfers.

I have long maintained that NCAA needs to crack down on transfers, both in football and basketball. There are too many. a player should be granted a transfer on a case by case basis.
It has gotten crazy the last few years. You use to hardly ever here about a grad transfer, now they are everywhere.

HR6, you need to understand that when a kid graduates, he is finished with that school. Done. If he happens to still have 1 year of eligibility left, he should be able to play for a school where he is now a graduate student. Think about it, would you not want to be able to play for your school where you happen to be as a graduate student if you still had eligibility left? Or, would you be fine NCAA telling you where you can and cannot go as a graduate student?

HR6, you need to understand that when a kid graduates, he is finished with that school. Done. If he happens to still have 1 year of eligibility left, he should be able to play for a school where he is now a graduate student. Think about it, would you not want to be able to play for your school where you happen to be as a graduate student if you still had eligibility left? Or, would you be fine NCAA telling you where you can and cannot go as a graduate student?
It’s one thing to change schools because your current school doesn’t offer a masters program in your major. But it’s turned into kids jumping schools hoping to play right away, nothing to do with masters programs. I see coaches using this to their advantage to fill holes on their team. It looks like it’s getting out of hand in my opinion.

Perhaps. I guess it depends though on the individual and if they are getting a masters for the education or just to add a year of playing time for pro prospects. If the latter then they should stay put. If the former then I think you should go where-ever you want. Not everyone gets accepted into a master's program at their undergrad school and a lot like diversity in the education and choose a different school to get a masters or even doctorate.

Perhaps. I guess it depends though on the individual and if they are getting a masters for the education or just to add a year of playing time for pro prospects. If the latter then they should stay put. If the former then I think you should go where-ever you want. Not everyone gets accepted into a master's program at their undergrad school and a lot like diversity in the education and choose a different school to get a masters or even doctorate.

I'd much rather see a kid with one year of eligibility remaining because of a redshirt who sat on the bench at Alabama or wherever for 3 years get a chance to play somewhere else than I would some kid who has one good year and then decides to drop out to go into the draft only to disappear into the wilderness without a diploma. You can't build a program with the transfers but you can use them to plug holes like the Hoos are doing. They must advertise on Craigslist for them.

I'd much rather see a kid with one year of eligibility remaining because of a redshirt who sat on the bench at Alabama or wherever for 3 years get a chance to play somewhere else than I would some kid who has one good year and then decides to drop out to go into the draft only to disappear into the wilderness without a diploma. You can't build a program with the transfers but you can use them to plug holes like the Hoos are doing. They must advertise on Craigslist for them.
I’m sure all these UVA transfers are young men that have matured and realized a UVA degree can’t be beat....still think these grad transfers are getting out of hand. I don’t care if they choose UVA.

when someone goes to any school for just one year, a degree doesn't hold as much weight as it does for someone who attended a school for 4 years.

I know someone who went to VT just to get Master's Degree, I am hard pressed to believe that this person ever graduated from any college.

I didn’t expect theHoos to win at Pitt but I think they still have a win at Louisville and go to a bowl.

I’m sure all these UVA transfers are young men that have matured and realized a UVA degree can’t be beat....still think these grad transfers are getting out of hand. I don’t care if they choose UVA.

Hoo-Yep, agree on both counts. Was surprised they didn't bounce back against Pitt. I like Bronco but his O.C. Anae is a jerk for putting down the O-Line when he is the one calling plays that don't work. The seniors on this team are the ones that can turn things around if they want to go to a bowl for the first time.

Hoo-Yep, agree on both counts. Was surprised they didn't bounce back against Pitt. I like Bronco but his O.C. Anae is a jerk for putting down the O-Line when he is the one calling plays that don't work. The seniors on this team are the ones that can turn things around if they want to go to a bowl for the first time.
Not a fan of Anae, he seems to throw 30 passes a game either behind the line of scrimmage or east and west. The last game we started off running well and the he just abandoned the run to throw passes behind the line of scrimmage. He needs to look in a mirror if he is looking for someone to blame.

The boo hoos have been running same offense for years. Most of their players are not very smart when it comes to football. If they had any football sense they would have gone somewhere else to play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT