ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't they stop the clock when your WR went out of bounds?

Oct 30, 2001
I didnt underdtand that. He clearly went out of bounds.

Nobody asked me but Beamer reminds me of Paterno at the end of his career. No, he's not allowing a child rapist free access to the facilities and looking the other way when it comes to child rape but the game seems to have passed Frank by. He's lost his fastball so to say.

Beamer is VT Football but the program has taken a step back. You need some new blood. Nobody wants to fire him but he's got to realize this and step aside.

The player was deemed to have stopped his forward progress in bounds. Which is true. He went out of bounds after he was stopped. Our coaches do not have time to be worrying about such things as time clocks . ;)

Reactions: RB4
The player was deemed to have stopped his forward progress in bounds. Which is true. He went out of bounds after he was stopped. Our coaches do not have time to be worrying about such things as time clocks . ;)
Everybody in the stands was screaming for a time out. Not sure, but I think we had one. There was about twenty some seconds left on the clock. With the way Duke was pass interfering, we had a shot to get something, who knows. Ran down to about nothing. Total clock mismanagement along with the looking over to the sidelines for about 10 to 15 seconds before every snap. I think Frank later said they were calling for timeout but nobody "saw" it. I don't buy that one.

Refs were correct on that play. he did not go straight out of bounds he kept running then was knocked back before going out of bounds. His forward progress was in bounds.(player also has to be a bit smarter in this situation as well) I seen it right when it happened and I am a loser on the couch who does not make millions of dollars to know such things....... inexcusable in my opinion and I don't think their is enough outrage over it because that was HUGE.. 15-20 Yards gave us a realistic chance for a field goal.. With a time out this was very possible.

Actually the whole seris was grossly mismanaged by us. We had time but our OC screwed up royally by trying to keep finite control over Brewer and company. Those plays should have been preset and the game should have been in Brewers hands.
The clock was just one of the frustrating things that happened.

The fans were yelling as the clock kept ticking. We need better clock management as too many looking over at the sidelines wasted way too much time. But the onside kick and two point conversion came from outer space as I can't understand why with so much time left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT