ADVERTISEMENT

NOVA/DC/MD Hokies - O&M Tour w/ Babcock and Gray

Subject: NOVA/DC/MD Hokies - O&M Tour w/ Babcock and Gray (April 28th)

Please help support the Nova Hokie Club and VTAF by welcoming VT Athletic Director Whit Babcock and Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray to the area on the evening of Tuesday, April 28th as part of the Orange and Maroon Tour. This event will be three days after the Spring Game which should make for some interesting conversation. Doors open at 6 pm and the event starts at 7 pm. Whit and Torrian will discuss various topics relevant to their positions and on the minds of Hokie Nation and then we will open it up to take your questions.

The event will be at the Clarendon Ballroom ( http://www.clarendonballroom.com/#welcome ). If you are not familiar with the Clarendon area in Arlington, the Ballroom is two blocks from the Clarendon metro. There is also garage and street parking.

You can purchase tickets for the event now for $15 using the link below.
http://novahokieclub.org/events/2015-orange-and-maroon-tour/

Tickets at the door the night of the event will be $20. Kids are FREE!

All proceeds will go towards the Virginia Tech Athletic Fund. Specifically, the NOVA Hokie Club has pledged all 2015 proceeds to the New Indoor Football Practice Facility.

There will be light appetizers and a cash bar.

There will be raffle and auction items (including two 50 yard line, row F seats, to the VT/Ohio State game).

Dress is casual - Come straight from work, the golf course, or your couch, it does not matter.

If you have any questions about the event, the NOVA Hokie Club, how to become a NOVA Hokie Club representative, or how to become a Hokie club supporter, do not hesitate to email me at jcameron518@gmail.com .

Hope to see you there! Go Hokies!

www.novahokieclub.org
Follow us on Twitter @NovaHokieClub

***INsider: Nick Coe Latest***

Guys, I spoke earlier with Asheboro (NC) four-star defensive end Nick Coe, who was offered by VT last month when he attended the Feb. 8 junior day. Since then, he's been to NC State's junior day and this past weekend, visited Florida State.

Coe said he's still in steady contact with assistant coach Charley Wiles. Coe said Wiles has told him more about the campus and a few points with the graduation rate and other things with campus. And overall, Coe said he really likes the Hokies, both for football and academically.

But the one school that Coe kept alluding to and that is really standing out is Florida State. Coe visited there over the weekend with his high school coach and if the Seminoles offer, I think he'd commit there rather quickly. They haven't yet, though. Coe talked a lot about Jimbo Fisher and just liking a ton about his visit, including the location of all the classes and proximity to other things.

Coe will be at the Rivals camp in a few weeks down in Charlotte, where I'll see him, but it really sounds like it's a wait and see with FSU. If the Noles don't offer, I really like VT's chances. If they do, then the Hokies will have an uphill battle here.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Nick Coe profile

RCS Atlanta: Devon Hunter

Another good interview for VT at the Rivals Camp Series presented by Under Armour. 2017 Indian River (Va.) five-star safety Devon Hunter made the trip all the way to Atlanta for the camp today and spoke with national analyst Mike Farrell.

Hunter said he has a top three of Virginia Tech, Alabama and Florida State. He's using the camp to take visits to Georgia today and Georgia Tech tomorrow. Hunter said he wants to get offers from LSU and Ohio State. Here's what Hunter had to say on VT. Full video at the link:

"I
like that they have the number one defensive backs coach in the nation. I enjoy
talking to him, the players. Everybody around the whole facility is as a team.
They play together, they win together, they lose together. I just like how they
compete against the best and they're not afraid to lose. If they lose, they go
down together, so I just like that a lot about them."

As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Hunter with Farrell

DUKES FBALL COACH RECRUITING RECORD SOLID...

Looking at the recruiting class rankings last year or two.....Cudcliffe has consistently had solid recruiting classes....the last year or two....they've placed ( and are currently ranked 12th best class & has been maintaining those rankings.....whereas VT is currently ranked 25th.....Our high was 17th.....but we took a plunge to 25th when the QB from Georgia recently withdrew his interest in VT's scholie.

Still can't understand UNC's continued mediocrity.....particularly in light of the years of cheating, fake classes, grade fixing (teach still on staff ) ---(supposedly still happening) and the NCAA'S almost complete ignorance or outright corruption in failing to investigate & punish NCAA........Media & NCAA disclosures should have been good enough for death penalty status being placed on UNC......... and we had to fight & take NCAA to court to allow Bruce Smith to play in Independence Bowl......because Bruce's father had a neighbor who was clearing tall carolina pines on acreage adjacent to the Smiths homestead.. Supposedly, the man was going to pay a fortunue to have the lumber hauled off for a fortune. Mr. Smith Inquired about what the neighbor was going to do with the lumber and the man offered to give mr smith the wood if he'd cut it up and remove it from his property---saving the neighbor a lot of expense.

***INsider: Latest On CJ Freeman***

Guys, I spoke earlier with three-star RB CJ Freeman from Northern Guilford (NC) in Greensboro. Freeman has long been a big target for VT, which offered him last spring, nearly a year ago. He played with and is good friends with freshman Mook Reynolds.

Freeman has been picking up a lot of interest of late. He got a South Carolina offer last fall, but over the past month or so, has gotten offers from West Virginia, Wake Forest and Washington State.

With VT, Freeman said he still talks with Mook all the time and communicates with the staff regularly on Twitter. The big thing, though, is that last month, Freeman told me that the Hokies were the ones standing out most. Now, Freeman said he's more open, though it sounds like the three catching his eye the most are VT still, along with South Carolina and Auburn. The Tigers are the ones that if they offer, I think will immediately shoot up to the top. The Hokies have long been on him, but he's looking around more.

The only visit Freeman has set right now is next Saturday, March 28, to South Carolina. He plans on getting to each school that has offered him, though no other dates are planned yet.

It's still relatively early with Freeman, though depending on who else offers, my guess is he decides late in the summer. I'll see him next month in Charlotte at the Rivals Camp. But he's still recovering from two torn ligaments in his left foot. Freeman said he feels like he'll be able to compete fine, but isn't sure yet. He'll be there for sure, regardless.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

CJ Freeman profile

Vulnerable #1 Seed?

Of the three remaining #1 seeds (NC State bounced Nova last night), who do you think is the most vulnerable of the remaining 1 seeds? Why?

Duke might be the most questionable because of their defense, but I think their route to the final 4 is the easiest. Wisconsin probably has the highest chance of the 1 seeds to lose, in my opinion.

How about the ACC? 9-0 in the Tourney so far. Most wins for a conference through the round of 32 was the Big East with 11 wins about 5 years ago. ACC has a chance to break that if the three remaining ACC teams win today (UVA, Duke, Louisville).

This post was edited on 3/22 2:51 PM by Max Esterhuizen

Which players from the 2015 class....

...Will go down as All-Americans or guys who helped turn the program back into a national contender? Since board is dead, just trying to start of conversation. Hokies class has more 4-stars than ever before, but plenty of 3-stars to choose from as well. I'll give my 5.

1. Tremaine Edmunds
- I know he's gone up against lesser competition than most if not all of the class. His size and skill set is freakish. His genetics are NFL. I'd bet the house he'll play on sundays. His length makes him a good looking defensive end prospect but I'd love to see him stay at LB.
2. Trevon Hill
- Only a three star, very long and athletic. Like his pursuit, makes a lot of tackles chasing the play. Defenses thrive when all parts are relentless. His injury is tough, hope it doesn't derail him from reaching his potential.
3. Dwayne Lawson
- Kid looks like he has that "it" factor with the ball in his hands. Still has a lot to learn and must get bigger and stronger. For sure has everything you want in dual threat QB, reminds me of Vince Young when I watch him.
4. Carson Lydon
- Another three star that is going to be a player. Fits the scheme here well. Size, smart, violent at point of attack. If Edmunds stays at LB, they'll be the best duo since 9-11.
5. Mook Reynolds
- The position he plays and him being the top prospect in the class at that position lands him here. Bud's scheme allows corners to be playmakers. Foster has been vocal about his plan for Reynolds before he even arrived in January. Following Gentrification, he'll be the next in the line.

These past two classes VT has pulled both have the potential to be special barring injuries and off field issues(which as we know will happen at somepoint the next 4-5 years). Hokies should be excited about the future.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT