ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Landon Dickerson Update***

Guys, I spoke a few minutes ago with South Caldwell (NC) three-star OL Landon Dickerson. I mentioned on another thread, but he's become one of the top three OL targets for the Hokies in the 2016 class

Dickerson told me he has three "front-runners" in VT, Tennessee and South Carolina. That's saying something, as his most recent offers came from Florida State, Alabama, Auburn and Vanderbilt.

With VT, I think it's been mentioned before, but his grandfather played with the Hokies a long, long time ago. So Dickerson is a legacy. And that's been something that assistant coach Stacy Searels has drilled him hard on. Dickerson wants to go into engineering, which has also been a big selling point. Dickerson said he really likes Searels and all the coaches and loved his visit Feb. 7 for junior day, which I recapped last month.

With Tennessee and South Carolina, he said he likes the engineering programs and the coaching staffs. But he's definitely not only considering those three. He will be visiting Georgia Tech April 3, but this is one big-time kid to watch.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Landon Dickerson profile

***3.13 VT INsider Chat***

Guys, I'm back in the NRV from Greensboro, where VT men's basketball won one game, but then came up short against Miami to end the season. LOTS going on though, with the Hokies, including a decommit this week in football recruiting and a big offer in basketball recruiting. At 12:30 pm ET tomorrow (Friday), come chat with us and get all your VT-related questions answered on those topics and more! Come take advantage of and get the very most out of your subscriptions!

Click HERE for this week's INsider Chat!

Logan Byrd Decommit

Looks like 2016 QB commitment Logan Byrd is decommitting from the Hokies. Not a huge loss considering QB Dwayne Lawson is still in the same class. Speaking of Lawson, I found this quote from the article interesting ...

"The Hokies signed highly-touted Tampa quarterback Dwayne Lawson this winter and also added Lawson's high school coordinator Max Warner as an offensive quality control assistant, perhaps signaling what direction the quarterback situation will go in upcoming years."

Two things. Is this kind of thing common? Do schools hire high school coaches that are associated with recruits? And also, what the hell is an "offensive quality control assistant"? Not saying this sounds fishy ... but this sounds fishy.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT