ADVERTISEMENT

VT Football Injury Update

Since BeamerBall is now free, I can pass on what is now over there, even though it's still rarely updated. Last night, though, an injury update was posted from trainer Mike Goforth:

"

Brandon Facyson - "He's recovering well from his fracture. We've moved him from crutches into a boot and that transition is going well. Brandon will be "out" for our Winter Workouts and then we'll re-evaluate this status going into Spring."

Zach Snell - "Our hearts go out to Zach as he recently lost his mom. He had surgery on both of his wrists. He's doing well and will miss the Winter Workouts and I expect him to be limited in the Spring."

Luther Maddy - "Very encouraged with him. He's doing phenomenal. We're going to hold him out of both Winter and Spring. We need him back healthy and ready to roll when summer rolls around."

Sean Huelskamp - "Looking great with his ACL. He'll be limited for both Winter Workouts and Spring."

Braxton Pfaff - "He had shoulder surgery back in the fall, and he's really doing well. We're going to limit him for the Winter and the Spring. But, he's ahead of schedule. He's really making progress. He's just blowing through his rehab."

Jonathan McLaughlin - "Had his left ankle operated on, and he's now Full for everything. He's really confident and he's looking great."

Shai McKenzie - "We reconstructed his ACL and he's doing great. We'll limit him in both the Winter and the Spring and expect him to be Full in the Summer."

Marshawn Williams - "Had his knee surgery in mid-December, but he's looking great and really pushing through his rehab. I'm confident he'll be close for summer, and with the way he works, and his strength and attitude, I wouldn't bet against him."

Kendall Fuller - "Had surgery on his wrist in January. He'll be limited for both Winter and Spring."

A.J. Hughes - "Had back surgery and is limited but progressing well."

Kyle Chung - "Kyle had shoulder surgery in mid-January and will miss both the Winter and the Spring. He should be ready by Summer."

Sam Rogers - "Is coming off of elbow surgery. Sam will miss the Winter and will be limited for Spring, but full go by Summer."

Ken Ekanem - "Is coming off of shoulder surgery and will miss Winter and Spring but should be full by Summer."

Devin Vandyke - "Devin continues to have issues with his shoulder and will need surgery. At this point, we've recommended that he discontinue with his football. I think Devin understands that this is in his long term best interest and has accepted the fact that he will no longer be medically cleared to participate and will accept medical disqualification."

"

This post was edited on 2/19 6:21 AM by Jason Stamm

Next Visitor Weekend

Guys, just a heads up that the next date VT is expecting more recruiting visitors is Feb. 28. The Hokies aren't really calling it a junior day, but rather an invite or something like that. They're hoping to draw some specific guys in who have offers or are about to, in order to really devote more time to them.

R100 WR moving towards decision

Rivals100 wide receiver Ahmir Mitchell has a top 8 of FSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Rutgers and Virginia Tech. In the article linked below he explains where each school currently stands with him. Mitchell is planning on graduating early so he wants to make his decision some before or during the season.

This post was edited on 2/17 5:16 PM by Jason Stamm

Mitchell On Top 8

***INsider: Emmanuel Belmar Latest***

Guys, I spoke earlier with Collins Hill (Ga.) LB Emmanuel Belmar. Right now, he's a big-time sleeper, as Virginia Tech offered him a few weeks ago and Georgia State offered him today. But those are his only offers for now. Wake Forest has also been in touch a lot of late.

It's still very early with this one. Belmar hasn't been anywhere for visits this year, though he did see games last fall at Georgia, Georgia Southern and Appalachian State. But he'll be at Virginia Tech's recruit assembly Feb. 28.

With VT, Belmar still said he doesn't know a lot. He said he keeps up with assistant coach Torrian Gray regularly, including on Twitter, but right now, the only thing he said he really knows about the Hokies is that they beat Ohio State. Belmar likes Gray, but he doesn't have much else to say right now.

This one will be interesting to see how the Feb. 28 visit goes. We'll be able to gauge a lot more then, but this one is still wide open.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription[/B]

Emmanuel Belmar profile

***INsider: Wayne Davis Latest***

Guys, I caught up with Lake Taylor (Va.) four-star cornerback Wayne Davis earlier just to catch up. Partly too, because not sure if you saw, but he tweeted a picture of himself wearing Hokies gear last night, shown below.

Davis, the No. 7 player in VA, is now up to 12 offers, with the most recent ones coming from Michigan, Duke and East Carolina. VT just offered last week. But it doesn't sound like the Hokies are having to do much catching up.

Davis said he'll be at VT Feb. 28 for the next recruit assembly. He told me he's been talking to assistants Bryan Stinespring and Zohn Burden, but he might have a closer bond with Burden. Davis said he called Burden his second day on the job to check in and Burden told him how much he wanted him on Feb, 28. Davis has never been to VT, but another clue was that when I asked what he needed to be working on, he told me zone turns because "I know Tech plays a little of that."

We'll see how this one goes after his visit, but the Hokies do appear to be the favorite here. I saw Davis in the state championship game in December and he told me then that VT was an offer he was waiting on. Surprised it took this long, but the Hokies are in great shape. He has no other visits planned and no timetable on a decision.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription

[/B]

Wayne Davis[/B]‏@Waynedavis1_
Snow with the #NotACommitmentTho

Wayne Davis profile

***Rivals250 Release Discussion Thread***

Here is the updated Rivals250: Risers and sliders. As always I will be here all day to answer any questions you may have about it.

Yesterday the updated Rivals100 was released here are all the relevant links:

New 2016 Rivals100
Rivals100: New five-stars, big movers
Eason still No. 1, 2 new 5-stars
Year of the LBs?

Please keep in mind that I cover prospects in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. If you have a question about a player from another region I will do my best to ask the appropriate analyst to come over and answer your question.

The rest of the rankings releases will follow this schedule:

Wednesday: 4-stars outside the Rivals250
Thursday: Position rankings
Friday: Three-star updated
This post was edited on 2/17 12:16 PM by RivalsFriedman

VT Targets In Rivals100

Guys, just wanted to pull out some of the key targets that VT is recruiting for 2016 who made the Rivals100:

Rashan Gary, DT, No. 4
Levonta Taylor, CB, No. 9
Shavar Manuel, DE, No. 10
Rahshaun Smith, LB, No. 11
Dexter Lawrence, DT, No. 13
Keion Joyner, LB, No. 17
Saivion Smith, safety, No. 21
Scott Bracey, WR, No. 32
Ahmir Mitchell, WR, No. 50
Naseir Upshur, TE, No. 61
Dwayne Haskins, QB, No. 68
Ron Johnson, DE, No. 96

Full Rivals100 Rankings

Tyrod: Free Agent

"Tyrod Taylor, quarterback[/B]: The Ravens drafted Keith Wenning in the sixth round last year for a reason. That likely spelled the end of Taylor's future with the team. Even if the Ravens don't think Wenning is ready to become the primary backup, they could probably find a one-year stopgap that's just as viable as Taylor. Chances of returning: 20 percent. "
-ESPN.COM

Where will Tyrod end up this year? I think the team that gets him will be getting a winner. If he can get a starting job so he can get some playing time, he's gonna develop in to something special.

Joey Van Zegeren

Hey guys, big Northwestern fan here. I see that there's a strong chance that NU might get Joey Van Zegeren. I'm a little curious about what happened with him at Va Tech. I always liked how Northwestern runs a clean program and I hope that Chris Collins wouldn't stoop to taking a transfer with a troubled past. I don't know if that statement describes Van Zegeren. Curious what happened.

***INsider: VT Gets Visitor Monday***

Guys, I measured 7 1/2 inches of snow outside of my house in the NRV, but surprisingly, VT had a recruiting visitor today. Prince Avenue Christian (Ga.) three-star tackle Robert Kraeling made the visit with his dad.

It's been a busy last few days for Kraeling. He visited Alabama on Saturday, where he was offered, went to Wake Forest's junior day yesterday and then made the drive to Blacksburg early this morning before the snow came. Tomorrow, Kraeling is going to Tennessee for a visit.

Today, Kraeling said he saw the facilities, hung out with a few of the linemen in their dorms and loved having a private visit. He met one-on-one with assistant coach Stacy Searels, his primary recruiter, as well as coach Frank Beamer. Kraeling really likes Searels. He briefly met his family and said it's been a "complete blessing" to talk with Searels. Kraeling likes Searels' history and believes he's passionate about his job.

This is a kid who's starting to blown up, as evidenced by his Alabama offer. The Hokies offered a few weeks ago and getting him to visit today was huge. It really gives them a chance and I'm told Searels and the staff really like Kraeling. But this kid will approach 20 offers, if not more and said he won't be deciding until late October at the earliest.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription[/B]

Robert Kraeling profile

??? - Has Beamer taken a no 5* players stance in recruiting?

With arrival of the Vicks and DeLo (Deangelo Hall)---- Techs program took off....for a 5-10 yr period.....ESPN.Gameday was
made frequent visits for about 3-5 yrs.....VT was an "IT" program........then rumours and newspaper reports of fights
and issues in town and on campus started to surface.... I feel Beamer associate the 4 & 5 * players as problems waiting to happen......and definitely took the stance of taking 3 stars and making them 4 stars (without the off the field drama)

while still having very good records.... after the VICKS,.the program started to lose its cache....and VT would open the fball season on national tv against some heavy weight powers....and proceeded to not be able to seal the deal.....

the program lost its cache. Other than workmanlike & tenacious defense (which struggled at times this past year with surprising losses to ECU & Wake undermined this past season & the program. Hopefullythis years recruiting class (rated in top 25) has signaled a rebirth.....The military bowl win against a tough cincy club has provided an additional shot of adrenaline.

Hopefully, some recent coaching changes and the success in recruiting will reinvigorate the program to return to its routine 10 win stature without beating up on D-1AA , the directional schools , and the other sisters of the poor.

I am much more encouraged this year than I was at this time last year. Crossing my fingers, toes, legs, and eyes that we are on the way back.

This post was edited on 2/11 5:31 PM by vtdiehard
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT