ADVERTISEMENT

New HC ?

Am I wrong or did Beamer say he wanted to hire from within , specifically Bud or Shane? Am I missing something here? Why wouldn't Whit be the one deciding the future of VT football? What say so does Beamer really have in this? Honestly I don't understand how all this works. Could someone fill me in? Did Beamer actually have that authority or did I totally miss that message?

Beamer takes blame for poor play

Hey guys! Interviews this afternoon were held with three coaches, OC Scot Loeffler, DC Bud Foster and HC Frank Beamer. Here are a few tidbits from this afternoon:

-- Greg Stroman will move to the offensive side of the ball as a wide receiver
-- HC Beamer took the blame for poor play in the raining conditions-- "That falls back on me."
-- The update on Michael Brewer and other Hokies' injuries will come out later this afternoon.
-- Loeffler doesn't pinpoint just one part of the offense, but the whole team for poor play last Saturday.

Check out more updates from my story that will be out tonight!

VIDEO: Ladler commitment analysis

Hey All:

I know that @RivalsWoody and Jason posted some instant analysis after 4-Star DB Khalil Ladler announced his commitment, but here is an additional video with all the original highlights that we have shot of him between various camps and games. He's a speedy guy that's a difference maker on either side of the ball.

Woody provides more analysis in this video as well - thanks for watching!

Login to view embedded media

A huge moment right now for VT. UT is the perfect opportunity for new blood

First, let the great lucus forewarn you about Coach Beamer (who I do love). Frank Beamer, in my opinion only.....has early onset dementia or early Alzheimer's. This is one of those famous lucus posts where I make the statement, and many respond and blast me and say, "you are nuts" or "out there" or get mad and attack and say it's ridiculous. Then of course.......about 3 years later, I follow up after I am proven correct with a "told ya so post." Folks, I am in the field of neuroscience. Am I giving a diagnosis? No I am not. I am giving my opinion of what I see and hear from Beamer on TV, Radio, Interviews, gestures, speech, body language, and responses. I am telling you now, he is not well. I think it is obvious that this year or next year is his last season as the VT Head Coach. You wlll find out after he is gone (give it about 2 years after he is retired) that he has either early onset dementia or early onset Alzheimer's. Strictly my opinion here and I am not a psychiatrist or psychologist and have not performed a physical evaluation, so I am certainly not "diagnosing" the man. I am simply giving one guy's opinion of what I see. And.....what I see is......he is not well. We have a man right now...right now the Head Coach of VT who I feel, has memory loss, periods of disorientation, and has either some form of dementia or Alzheimer's.

Perhaps this post is not one of those far out posts and many may feel the same way I do? I don't know? What I do know is this.....I have lived long enough not to be gullible and to understand that much is possible. Meaning.........some may feel there is no way that a man with dementia or Alzheimer's is coaching VT and the powers that be certainly would not allow that. Folks....it's 2015. Do not be naive. When you get enough power like Frank Beamer has at VT, or like JoePa had at Penn State, people are often scared to even bring the conversation up, much less to approach him personally about it. Now, do I think the man has advanced stages of some form of dementia? No, of course not, but.......do I think he has early stages or early signs? Absolutely, Yes I do, and I also think some qualified professional will render a diagnosis in the next 3 years? Wait and see.

With the above written. A perfect opportunity is for Whit to bring in the new coach for the UT game. A win is monumental and gives the new coach huge momentum and recruiting gains on a national stage. A loss is only chalked up to a new system and not a huge hit. With Coach Beamer, a loss further destroys the program on the national stage and if he were to somehow win, it still does not turn the program around. We still get our at least 4 losses next season with him as HC even if we did beat Tennessee. A great opportunity is in place for Whit and VT to bring in the New Head Coach for the UT Game. The UT game and Bristol is a reason not to allow Beamer to stay one more year, but actually an opportunity and reason for VT to hire a new Head Coach to lead the program on the field in a new era for the Battle in Bristol.

Some good news with all the bad.

"247 4 star cornerback Khalil Ladler has given a verbal commitment to the Virginia Tech Hokies. Ledler committed to the staff after his official visit over the weekend.

Ledler is currently enrolled at IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL. He transferred to IMG from Stephenson in Georgia.

He is the highest rated committed prospect in the Hokies 2016 class.

Ledler chose the Hokies over Georgia, Tennessee, Miami among others.

He is expected to enroll in January."

Me thinks he sees we need him now.

The Bungle at Bristol

Two dumpster fire programs that have top 25 recruiting classes for years and bottom 25 coaching. Everyone excited? What clusterfvck to put in front of 140,000 people. I can't believe I'm typing this but I'm seriously considering not going. What would send a better message to both school's ADs than a half-full stadium?

(that being said, I'm sure I'll go. I won't miss history)

VT off/def rankings after week 5

Defense:
Total D: 46th 355.4 YPG
Scoring D: 69th 24.2 PPG

Offense:
Total O: 84th 382.6 YPG
Scoring O: T-53rd 31.6 PPG

Just something to keep an eye on as the season progresses. Let's see which unit wants to play with some pride and accountability.

For reference last year we scored 24.1 PPG and gave up 20.2 PPG. we were 15th in total D last year and 17th in scoring D.

Offense was 86th in total O and 94th in scoring O.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT