ADVERTISEMENT

Post-practice interviews

Hey guys! Just wanted to give you guys some quick tidbits after post-practice interviews.

- After talking to Coach Bud Foster it looks like redshirt sophomore Sean Huelskamp will be taking over for Andrew Motuapuaka due to a left knee sprain that will keep Motuapuaka sidelined for 4-6 weeks.
- Foster also said that freshman Carson Lydon would be behind Huelskamp.
- Offensive lineman Wyatt Teller and his "meat tenderizer" made an appearance at post-practice interviews. He said it is called the "Fool's Hammer."
- Teller also said that the reason that he cut off his mullet was because his mom told him to
- Defensive end Dadi Nicolas also came to interviews in street clothes and a wrapped up knee.

Check out my story on post-practice interviews tomorrow morning to get more details about the Hokies' defense!

***9.17 VT INsider Chat Details***

Guys, because I'm traveling to Purdue on Friday, this week's chat will be at 12:30 pm ET tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 17). We'll do another Thursday chat next week due to ECU, so be thinking about whether you guys would want a 12:30 or 3 pm chat next week.

But plenty to talk about this week, with the first road game of the season, as well as plenty going on as always in the recruiting world. Come take advantage of and get the very most out of your subscriptions and joins us! And remember, if you can't make it, you can post a question any time on The Gobbler, email me directly or catch the replay. Hope to see you all here tomorrow!

Chat link: http://bit.ly/1KRUrxO

Another 2018 Baseball Commit

VT is working the early recruits very well. Coach Pat Mason and staff got another this morning from Amherst (NH) 3B/SS Bryce Reagan. Also shows that Mason continues to work the northeast, where he's most familiar and has a lot of connections.

I did ask Reagan real quick on his decision: "It immediately felt like home and there's no other place I want to be," Reagan said. "I love the coaches and how they push their players to their limits to become the best players they possibly can be. I want to go to the college World Series with Virginia Tech."

Full story coming later:
Perfect Game profile: http://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=409620
Login to view embedded media

Season

We will be able to tell much more about the team as they take on 2 straight road games including east carolina and we all know about that one. Furman is not something you can judge motley on he had wide open receivers all day. He was late on several pass that could have been something nice. I. ford bailed him out throwing into double coverage for the TD. This week will be much tougher I don't understand why durkin didn't get a chance to take a series in the second half and throw the ball. Lawson is still raw and I don't think is ready to take over the reins until brewer is back and brewer is the best qb on the team with out a doubt he would have went over 350 yesterday with 4 tds hopefully scott. Left can get the run game going early next week and get motley some easy reads and get our guys into space. Wow get McMillian the ball more and more and more guy just out runs people. GO HOKIES

***INsider: Chase Young Latest***

Guys, I spoke earlier with 2017 Dematha (Md.) four-star DE Chase Young, No. 11 WDE and No. 9 in MD for 2017. He visited VT last week for the Ohio State game with both of his parents.

Young's visit was his first to VT for a game, though he did visit for the July 26 camp, where his offer came. Young said the game was "very exciting" and he loved how everyone was jumping during Enter Sandman. He also loved how the coaches enjoyed coaching the players and took pride in them.

The big thing here to keep in mind is that his uncle, Bernard Joseph, played at VT in the early 1980s. Joseph has been recruiting Young and putting in a few good words for the Hokies. That's the reason for his initial interest in VT. Now, Young said he has a great relationship with assistant coaches Zohn Burden and Charley Wiles and likes how both handle themselves on and off the field and with their players.

The other early player here is Maryland. Young lives 30 minutes away and that's the only other school he's visited in any capacity. He likes the staff and the relationship there.

Young is headed to Georgia for an unofficial visit this weekend. He had planned to be at Penn State last weekend, but had to cancel. For now, those are the only schools Young has mentioned.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

A Reminder For Our Tailgate!

Guys, I've mentioned it on the chat, but we'll be back out tailgating tomorrow with our buddy Tom (Hokies73) in lot four, space No. 98 beginning at 11:30 am! So if you're headed to the game, or just hanging out before the game, come stop by and see us!

We'll be back with plenty of wings from our sponsor, Bull & Bones Brewhaus & Grill in Blacksburg! Plus, we'll be raffling away gift cards from Bull & Bones. Bring any food or drinks you like, but we'll also have hot dogs and hamburgers as well.

Hope to see you all tomorrow!

***INsider: Ellis Brooks***

Guys, I spoke a bit earlier with Benedictine (Va.) four-star LB Ellis Brooks, No. 212 in the 2017 Rivals250. Brooks was on hand at VT last Monday for the Ohio State game. He visited with his parents, his sister and his girlfriend. I've mentioned before, but his sister attended VT.

This was third or fourth game Brooks attended at Lane Stadium (he's not sure exactly how many he went to). Brooks said this game was more exciting than the others he had been to. He loved the atmosphere. He told me the highlight of the game was that he was sitting next to Sam Rogers' mother. When Rogers scored his touchdown, Rogers' mother. Brooks said that "made the day."

Over the past week, Brooks said he's kept up with assistant coach Shane Beamer. They spoke before the game, too. Brooks said Beamer told him the biggest thing was that he wished Michael Brewer hadn't gotten hurt. Brooks said he "was proud of them," though.

Brooks said he hasn't planned any other visits. He told me he's gotten a lot of invitations and will take whatever visits fit into his schedule. The schools Brooks did mention specifically were South Carolina, Clemson and Penn State, as far as who has visited his school. Those are also the first likely schools to get a visit. Absolutely no plans to make any commitments or even any cutdowns.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT