ADVERTISEMENT

A record for VT....a total of 8 four star commits. 7 was the previous

Someone may want to check this, but if Rivals will hurry up and move Nijman to a 4 star like the other recruiting websites, this would equal a total of 8 four star players for VT. VT to my knowledge, has never had a total of 8 four star players or above in one recruiting class. I recall recruiting a total of 7 four star players two times, maybe 3, but not 8. In summary, somewhat of a recruiting milestone for VT.

Now...TSL....go ahead and take my "first thought" and insert your article in the next few days here....________________.

10 SEC schools rank in top 25 recruiting classes "their terrible" LMAO

For every sheepish emotionally laden response I see about the SEC (who finally had 1 down bowl season after a decade) I will go ahead and use FACTS. I want the ACC to be the best conference in football. The ACC is not the best in football. I want the SEC to fall on its face and not be the best.

Folks, notice how when people write that the "SEC sucks" or is "overrated," they never mention what they feel is the best conference. Ever notice that? Many will say..."SEC sucks" or "Bama is overrated" or the "media loves them." LOL, but....that's the last line. The line to follow never states, "they are not the best conference" or "the Big 10 is the best or the Pac 10 or Big 12 is the best."

Folks, think with your brain for God's sake. I know, in 2015 in the USA, this is something foreign and of the past, but if you turn off the emotion, the best conference from top to bottom is not close. It really isn't very close. By the way, Bama, LSU, Auburn, even Miss and Florida and South Carolina and Tennessee....actually very young. This was the year for the SEC to be down and at the end of the day, Bama played horrible and Ohio State played perfect and it was still very close.
This post was edited on 1/2 6:22 PM by lucustookis

ACC Coastal Returning Starters Next Year-Totals for each team inside

Virginia Tech-17
Carolina-17
Rambling Wreck-15
Pittsburgh-15
UVA-14
Duke-11
Cuba-11

The above are from each teams websites and Rivals. Keep in mind, we can split hairs with the above numbers for each team if you get into the minutia of a kid who was a starter, then broke an ankle and played 4 games and the junior who replaced him started 8 games.....etc..etc. We could go on for months splitting hairs with that stuff. The above are ballpark numbers that can deviate by 1 or 2 either way. What to take of the above.......Virginia Tech, Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Pitt should be improved, but also next year's schedule for each team (do they play FSU and Clemson) and/or out of conference schedule (Ohio State) and injuries matter. UVA should be about the same and Duke and Cuba should not be quit as good. However, Miami truly is an exception because the talent is about always there regardless of whether they return 20 starters or 5 starters, and the team generally performs the same because mental toughness always enters the equation with them and their mental state always competes with or even trumps their talent.

I will give the other side of the conference in a bit and post it. By first glance...FSU and Clemson are loaded. Even with the loss of Winston, FSU is actually.......young!. That's scary.

Bama Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell us again HR how great the overrated SEC is this year.......Nicky Satan and his devil boys fall to the better Big 10 OSU!!!!! SEC = MAC.......LMAO!!!! Looks like Bama would be a middle of the pack Coastal ACC team!!! Thank goodness we don't have to listen to the crap about the SEC, Paul Johnson said it best.....way to go Buckeyes!!!

A look at the ACC from a biased perspective

Duke played their guts out against #15 and lost 36-31. Thumbs up

NCSt and VT both beat 9-3 mid tier teams. Thumbs up for both

Mia and BC at least looked respectable in losses to comparable P5 teams. Thumbs up for reppin' ACC respectably. (extra thumbs up for Miami because it appears they didn't deliberately injure, steal or cheat during the game)

Clemson destroys an elite national power. Big thumbs up for reppin' ACC. (extra thumbs up for Dabo not sounding mentally challenged immediately following the broadcast)

GT put the beatdown triple option on #7 so badly, Miss St's #10 ranked scoring defense dropped to #24. Triple thumbs up for the yj's and the pj's of the world.

Since the subject line warns that this is a biased perspective, I will include ND dismantling a much overhyped SEC super power, #23 ranked LSU. Thumbs up

Louisville took a beating from a real SEC power but hey, it's the old man's first year back on the job.. Let him get his people in there and UL will be a force once again, IF he can stay away from those young shapely hotties. Neutral thumbs on this one.

UNC crushed by an average Rutgers team. The absolute worst performance in the ACC this year. Embarrassing. UNC should hope their footbalprogram gets the death penalty just to avoid this type of humiliation and suffering. Team might have been out smoking dope with Fats. MAJOR thumbs down for failing to even show up for the game.

We'll see how Pitt looks but I'm pretty confident on that one, and FSU is ...well, FSU. They'll probably go down to Oregon by 3-4 tds in the first half and they'll come back in the 2nd half. This one is gonna be much tougher to pull a whodini in the end though. I'm predicting Oregon wins by a td or less in the end if that happens but if FSU comes out of the gate smashing heads with an attitude, and the score is close at half, Oregon doesn't have a chance.. Will be a nice cap to this ACC showing for FSU to win the mnc again, and completely rid the SEC stench from the media while at the same time causing a huge paradigm of recruits coming over to the ACC.

Shane Beamer. Different..Different and more Different

The VT football team against Cinci. Did they look prepared? Kind of that 1990s early 2000s intensity? Shane Beamer with smacks on the helmets and even a chest bump? Yon could see the obvious fire and want to...playing every play like its their last and the OL wickedly firing off the ball with anger and intensity. Notice the confidence or the culture on the VT sidelines with everyone vested? That is COACHING. I will repeat...Shane Beamer should be a top 3 candidate for the next HC at VT. Remember how "out there or insane", ole Lucus was 4 months ago when I told you...Shane Beamer would not be a bad choice at VT as the Head Coach and was one of my top 3 preferences? Like most things yours truly writes...yes it may be three years ahead of the masses, but give it time as it will come to fruition . Within one year of this post, ShaneBeamer will be a regular or common name among a gigantic portion of this fan base in which he will be considered a serious contender for the next HC at VT. Shane is a natural leader and he is extremely motivated and desperately does not want the brand of VT football to slip. He knows what he does NOT know having been under Spurrier and this means....he is savvy and sharp enough to get solid coordinators. With this written...I will restate...I want Coach Frank Beamer to retire now or be forced to retire right now. Actually...two years ago would have been my preference and this has not changed. I also do not want Shane Beamer as my first choice. I have as my first choices, Doc Holiday or Bud Foster followed by Bobby Wilder from ODU followed by Shane Beamer. The above are my opinions only. To sum up my post....Shane Beamer will be a legitimate consideration for the next HC at VT and just 3 months ago, he was not considered such by the overwhelming portion of our fan base. Give it time though and watch and see.

This post was edited on 12/30 11:55 PM by lucustookis
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT