ADVERTISEMENT

Baddabing...Oregon opens up as 8 pt favorite/Bama:9.5 pt favorite over OSU

I predicted the line for Oregon as an 8 to 10 point favorite over FSU and Bama as an 8 to 10 point favorite over OSU. Look for the Bama margin to come down to 9 or even 8.5 as your token "Ohioens and Big teniens" will once again fall for the trap by taking the cheese. As for Oregon, look for that one to go to 10 or more as "offense" is appealing to the emotional part of the brain and you can guarantee that line is not staying at 8.

I have never gambled in my life. I will not do it again this season either, but if I were such a man, I love Bama and FSU.

This post was edited on 12/8 7:53 PM by lucustookis

Rivals.com/Yahoo! Sweepstakes!

Yahoo! and Rivals.com are running a sweepstakes that you can enter in to today!

This promotion ends on 12/31/14. Five winners[/B] who enter will be randomly selected at the end of the promotion window[/B]. Winners will be notified via the email address they have provided us upon entering.

Each winner will receive the following prize package: $500 gift certificate to Rivals Fan Shop, $400 gift certificate to SeatGeek and a one-year Rivals subscription (Retail Value: $999.00 per prize package).

To enter, users can head to the promotion page found here: http://bit.ly/1wooEdC All users must simply enter their email address, check the box to agree to the Official Rules and press the "continue" button. Please note that email addresses entered will not be used for future marketing purposes.

On top of one entry per email address, users can also receive up to 5 additional entries by referring friends to the contest.

Official sweepstakes rules can be viewed here: http://bit.ly/1xbn1mf

My preference for next HC. Holiday, Wilder, Foster then Beamer

I would like Holiday, Foster, or Wilder from ODU. I would take any of the 3. I would love Bud as HC with Holiday as DC and Wilder as OC. I wish we would get Wilder right now as OC, but I do not think he would come with Beamer still Head Coach. Also, he likely would not be considered because he knows to much and he would be a threat to the regime like Kevin Rogers was. Simply put, he knows to much. I would still be content with Shane Beamer as HC as long as Stiney was gone and away from VT. I think Shane would make the right hires at coordinators. Again, Shane is NOT my first choice.

This post was edited on 12/1 3:47 PM by lucustookis

Sweat to the Noles...Ouch

Another one that was VT lean most of the way is off to another school. Noles have landed a top 5 Virginian in each of the past 3 classes now. With Sweat, Nnadi and Levenberry. At the end of the day, winning and draft status are very important to most 5 star and high 4 star recruits. FSU and Bama have been winning a lot and they have the most drafted players over the past 4 years of any other programs. If I'm VT coaching staff, I'm getting a van and I'm taking every coach to Tim Settle's doorstep and letting him know how important he is to this class. He's the only major player left that has VT involved. Put all the eggs in that basket if you will. Sweat is early enrollee so I doubt he flips in the next 3 weeks.

Bleeding out

1. Considering where we are as a FB program . How long do you think it will take at the rate we are declining before we not only are insignificant but our fan base is so low as to not make a decent showing at our games.?
2. If through some quirk of fate our AD does make a head coaching change how long do you think it will take to restore our program to a level even with or higher than the one we attained based on the following scenarios:
a. Changes are made at the end of our current season.
b. Changes are made at the end of our 2015 season.
c. Chages are made at the end of our 2016 season
I have listed three scenarios because at this point they are all viable.

In the offseason, look for Big 12 to expand. BYU will be 1st team added

Based on todays results, look for the Big 12 to expand. It has been discussed within the conference anyway and based on today's results, this may be the event that pushes them to the point of adding 2 more teams. They may try and petition the NCAA first for a conference title game with only 10 teams, but it will likely not be allowed. They will have to take 2 more. BYU is obviously the logical first choice based on the BYU and the Big 12 having talks in the past 24 months, and BYU has the money which counts. Being owned by the very wealthy LDS Church, they have their own TV network for heavens sake just like Texas, and they have fielded competitive teams in about every sport in NCAA athletics, not to mention the national reach this will add to the Big 12. I think if they expand (and I think they will) BYU is obvious. The real question is the 12th team they get? There isn't much to choose from that I can think of?

1. Memphis-I don't see it.
2. Colorado State. Just not competitive enough in the other sports
3. West Virginia's other team? Marshall? Interesting choice as they are already in the state of WV, of course, they only get a decent football team to the conference which will broaden its base more and if Marshall got in, their recruiting would definitely go up, but basketball, baseball, volleyball? Way, way non-competitive.
4. Louisiana Tech, Monroe or Lafayette?
5. SMU? This 2014 SMU is not in the ballpark as the 1980 SMU. Things have obviously changed since the early 80's.
6. Air Force? That would be interesting
7. Tulsa
8. Cincy?

Seriously, I don't know what they get with the 12th team. I think BYU is an easy choice. But the last team? Perhaps they beg for A and M to come back home or perhaps the politicians get involved and demand SMU? Tough position for Big 12 and they are probably praying for the NCAA to allow them a conference title game, but if it does not happen, things will get interesting in the off-season. For the Big 12 to do nothing....as in not ask the NCAA for a conference title game and to not expand would be foolish.

Wishing for a speedy recovery for Coach Beamer

IN our thoughts and prayers coach “We waited until the end of the regular season to surgically address an issue with Coach Beamer’s throat,” says Dr. Gunnar Brolinson, D.O, Head Team Physician. “The procedure went as planned, without complications, and he simply needs some rest before he returns to his normal routine. He’s been cleared to continue his game planning and film study and will return to the practice field as soon as possible. I fully expect Coach Beamer to coach in his 22nd consecutive bowl game.”
This post was edited on 12/6 9:16 PM by 1bburgfan

This post was edited on 12/6 9:16 PM by 1bburgfan

Don;t be too quick to cast stones

Sometimes we need to have the patience to wait for the facts to come out before casting stones. I think that most of the criticism came from UNC side. However, for those who jumped on the band wagon, it appears that the initial report was misleading or worse. Now perhaps the young lady was protecting the real fraternity or was subject to date rape or who knows what but it appears not to be what she originally said.

UVA
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT