ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer

I think you might see an announcement at end of year that 2016 will be his last. May entertain a scenario like Florida State (Jimbo/Bowden), where a coach is named as a successor and coaches along with him for 2016 season so that Beamer coaches the Bristol game that he has worked so hard for. It is a win/win in my opinion and will allow recruits to see what is going to happen.

Go Hokies!!!!

***INsider: Jarrod Hewitt Latest***

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I spoke earlier with Venice (Fla.) three-star DT Jarrod Hewitt, who visited VT last weekend for the NC State game during his bye week. The visit was initially thought to be an official visit, but Hewitt decided to make it an unofficial and made the trip with his dad.

This was the first time Hewitt had visited Blacksburg and the first time he also met assistant coach Charley Wiles in person. He and Wiles have talked regularly on the phone and via Twitter, but when Wiles went to his school, it was during a period he couldn't have any contact. Hewitt said he loved the facilities and called the atmosphere "unreal." Hewitt also called Wiles "a technician" and said they went over film Saturday morning before Hewitt left for Florida.

Entering the weekend, I thought there was a chance Hewitt could commit. But for now, it sounds like that's a while off. He has only one official visit set right now, to VT for Jan. 29. That's the last weekend before signing day, so expect his decision to come on signing day. But by then, who knows if the Hokies will still want a DL or even still want him.

Hewitt was committed to Rutgers until last month. He said the Scarlet Knights are still in contention, along with VT, Boise State and Kansas. He's open to any others who come in as well.

Bowl game

Looking ahead at the schedule its hard to envision another win. Even at UVa is a toss up. But I will say that looking at other teams schedules and wins we should compete and have some hope that we will keep the streak alive. Gt is on a downward spiral. Boston college is a tough hard nosed team but winnable. Nc is the most probable loss as I see it along with Duke also. But we haven't been completely blown out and honostly most of the loses could have been different if it weren't for our own mistakes. Let's just see what happens and stop stressing. If we lose out then things happen for a reason.

VT sinks from 84th to 88th in country. D goes up to 39th

After the incredible offensive performance in the eyes of a brainwashed or knowledge deficit fan base about what a good O looks like, the VT Os grand total of 360 yards dropped the Total O ranking from 84th to 88th. Incredibly, 360 to us looks like Oregon since we have the usual 300 yds. Fact is....the O performance against State was average. The rushing yards were good and this rounds out the dismal 360 total yds performance.

Defensively, another incredible performance holding State to 270 yds and the D bolted from 46th in the nation to 39th in Total D.

Additionally, u will never see this stat in any article as it takes an incredible mind to come up with these things. So...u heard this first from this post and the stat is.......in the last 2 weeks, Virginia Tech has statistically had the nations number ONE ranked defense by total yardage. But.....the results of that for such a brainwashed fan base that expects a top 5 D every year and with a few fans actually ignorant enough to call for Fosters removal after 4 games...we hear ZERO about the D the last 2 weeks. We are left to only hear a few comments like..."the D is playing a little better" and the sheep have stopped calling for Buds removal, but nothing is heard about our D performing....at least statistically, as the number one ranked D in America in Total Yards allowed the last two weeks.

And last of all, after NC St, the story is mostly about Motley and the improved offense and nothing about the D. Fact is..the O dropped 4 spots nationally and the D moved up 7 spots. This in and if otself is one of the main problems with VT football and it partially explains why Beamer has lasted so long. It comes down to ignorance amongst at least a large enough percentage of the fan base to keep him in place for so long.

Official MIAMI Prediction Thread

27-20 scUM

Brad Kaaya could be trouble. He threw for 405 yards, 3TDs and zero INTs in the narrow loss to FSU last week. FSU shut (RB) Yearby down completely, but I wonder if we can do that.

If we load up to stop the run in classic Fosterian fashion, scUM will have an opportunity to hit big plays early and force us to lean too heavily on Motley.

Does scUM give up or wake up after two straight losses? I expect the latter. The good guys will play hard, but come away with a narrow road L.

***INsider: Malik Robinson Update***

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I spoke earlier with South Gwinnett (Ga.) 2017 LB Malik Robinson. VT offered him yesterday, from assistant coach Stacy Searels. I was incorrect in saying it was Torrian Gray.

Robinson now has five offers, from Auburn, Miami, Iowa and North Carolina, along with the Hokies. But to tell you what he already thinks of VT, he already has a visit planned, next weekend for the Duke game.

Robinson said he's been keeping up with the Hokies for over a month on Twitter. Most of it has come from assistant coach Stacy Searels. Robinson said Searels has sent him motivational messages and graphics that show him at VT. And so far, it's worked.

It's still very early here, but Robinson is a kid who's really starting to take off. The only other visit he's taken this fall was to Auburn for the Mississippi State game Sept. 26. He didn't have a ton surprisingly to say about that visit, other than it being his first college game he'd been to. Robinson also visited Georgia for its spring game in April, but didn't have much to say about that either.

I think it's way too early to think he could commit at VT next weekend. But if things go well, the Hokies could shoot to the top of his list, so definitely keep an eye on him.

USCe coaching search

Smart and Herman are both on their short list. On a shocking note, so is Shane Beamer. There is no way we are lucky enough that they hire Beamer or anyone else and Herman is still available when we finally have a vacancy. If Beamer sticks around for next season the search will have to start over because Smart and Herman will be gone.

If they hire Shane and he proves himself in the SEC then bring him home. I just don't see him beating out Herman or Smart for the position.

***INsider: Tyjuan Garbutt Latest***

Guys, I spoke earlier with Riverbend (Va.) 2017 four-star DE Tyjuan Garbutt, No. 171 in the Rivals250. Garbutt is a kid I had heard of last season but who I first saw in June at VT's camp.

Garbutt said he's up to 14 offers, most recently from Kentucky, Wake Forest and East Carolina. The Hokies were the third to offer him, but he said the first to recruit him. Pittsburgh was first to offer earlier this year, then Virginia, then VT.

Garbutt visited for junior day back in February with his teammate, OL Zach Adams. Garbutt then visited again for the camp and was back for the Ohio State game last month. That was the first game he'd taken in at VT and Garbutt said he loved the experience. He also thought the game would have been different if Michael Brewer hadn't gotten hurt and also attributed that to the struggles this season. But Garbutt called the Hokies one of the teams he's always looked at.

Defensive coordinator Bud Foster has been the primary recruiter here, one of the few he's personally seen to recruiting. Garbutt said he was the first coach to show interest and start recruiting him. Foster told him that VT graduates its players and that he sees Garbutt having a bright future beyond college.

I asked Garbutt if there was anything, not necessarily a school, but anything in his recruitment that stood out. He said Pittsburgh and how he believes Pat Narduzzi has completely changed the program. Garbutt also mentioned Michigan State a few times. This weekend, Garbutt is going to Wake Forest for an unofficial visit. He was going to be at Pittsburgh last weekend, but because of the weather, his game got over late and he said he got home well after 2, so they didn't go.

Long way to go here, but I can also say I've met one of his coaches who is a huge VT guy. So Pittsburgh and UVA are also two to watch, but for the moment, the Hokies are in good shape.

How could we better use Bucky?

Aside from throwing at him more, of course, what should CSL do? Maybe also aside from the RZ lob over a 5'11" CB, how should Loeffler create preferred match-ups? Best moments and ways to leverage a kid who seems (to me) to be a unique, dangerous and underutilized weapon.

Guess I figured BH would play a more prominent role, though in fairness, I don't know what defenses have done (if anything) to take him away.

***INsider: Dajour Dickens Update***

Guys, I talked earlier with 2017 four-star center Dajour Dickens, who's No. 91 in the Rivals150. He played the last two seasons at Bethel (Va.), but is now at Miller School (Va.).

Dickens said he has 15 offers, most recently from Clemson, Texas, VCU and Central Florida. He's been one of Virginia Tech's top targets for quite a while now. And he was on hand for the Hokies' football season-opener against Ohio State. When I asked who is standing out right now, Dickens said VT, Maryland and Creighton. But I get the sense that the Hokies are in good position only for now. When I asked about his visit to VT, Dickens said, "VT’s campus is ok. Im not crazy about it, but it’s ok."

The good thing is that assistant coach Isaac Chew has made a good impression on Dickens. He said Chew is "laid back and chill." But Maryland is the one that really has his attention.

Dickens is visiting the Terps this weekend for midnight madness and is very, very pumped about going. It's his first visit there. He likes the coaches and he went on and on about the jerseys. Dickens said he wants to see the arena, facilities and campus. The other school to keep an eye on is Creighton. That's the outsider right now, but he's listening. So this weekend's visit could go a long way in shaping where Dickens' recruitment goes next. But for right now, VT has a slim lead, followed by Maryland and Creighton.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT